Utd match thread

Delboy Dave

I may be in the minority here, but I think Elia has been OK. It's not the sort of match for any new signing to really shine through - high tempo, delicate, quite physical. He's held his own, shown some nice touches, etc. Could perhaps do a bit more to drop back & support Bertrand in getting the ball out from the back ... but it's only been 45 mins. That "gelling" will come.

Having said that, I can see the benefit of bringing on Long or Tadic and it would probably have to be for Elia.

Agree entirely.

Another game, another shocker from the ref!! Getting ridiculous how bent these refs are.

Someone was flattened on the edge of the box, absolutely taken out, the last attack before half time. Did not give the free kick, but the offside.

Then the tater can wax lyrical about Shaw scoring against his old club. They love that stuff.

Yep, even an assist, they would be happy with. At this stage I feel they would be happy with any United goal. The ref would be as well.