How much is it worth?

simo

Love that simo.

Money wise immediately I don't know. But I would imagine more season tickets sold, better sales in hospitality filtering right down through to the club shop.

Note to the OP, best not ask positive questions in the future though.

We'll probably see a drop in attendances, people complain now that it's too expensive and more than 2 home games a month kills them, not sure how people will cope with a number of premium priced home games against European opposition on top of this.

The Swiss Ramble has a chart showing how much top teams got for being in the Champions League in the midst of its recent post about Chelsea. Here is the link:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/

Simply put, the range was from 27.2 to 44.8 million pounds. Payments are expected to be at least 30 percent higher next year.

If we finished fourth, qualify for the group phase, but lose all our games we get around 20 million pounds, plus the 30 percent plus.

If we finish third and advance to the semi-finals like Chelsea did last year would get nearly 44 million pounds, plus the 30 percent plus.

Money wise , what would Champions League get us?

It can be something stupid like an extra 1m a game plus the TV money associated which must equate to about 20mish

Then potential to get better spinsorship deals. Match revenue etc

And Batman, we've got this far, and through a fixture schedule over december many thought we would succumb to, many of which knew what they are on about.

It can be something stupid like an extra 1m a game plus the TV money associated which must equate to about 20mish

Then potential to get better spinsorship deals. Match revenue etc

And Batman, we've got this far, and through a fixture schedule over december many thought we would succumb to, many of which knew what they are on about.

This.

Each country gets a market pool from the TV rights, which is then distributed between it's participants. The domestic league winner will get the most, and the 4th placed team will get the least. For example, the link provided by Stud mark of doom shows that for the 13/14 Man Utd (12/13 champions) received £23.75m whilst Arsenal (4th in 12/13) received £11.32m. The participation bonus for the group stage is a standard £8.6m for all teams, and then you earn prize money for the results achieved during the tournament, think it's £1m for a win and £500K for a draw.

If we qualified for the group stage I'd say we'd be looking at between £20m & £30m depending on results. Then you have the added gate receipts and merchandise....etc. Not bad for having to play 6 games (8 if we finished 4th).

Each country gets a market pool from the TV rights, which is then distributed between it's participants. The domestic league winner will get the most, and the 4th placed team will get the least. For example, the link provided by Stud mark of doom shows that for the 13/14 Man Utd (12/13 champions) received £23.75m whilst Arsenal (4th in 12/13) received £11.32m. The participation bonus for the group stage is a standard £8.6m for all teams, and then you earn prize money for the results achieved during the tournament, think it's £1m for a win and £500K for a draw.

If we qualified for the group stage I'd say we'd be looking at between £20m & £30m depending on results. Then you have the added gate receipts and merchandise....etc. Not bad for having to play 6 games (8 if we finished 4th).

We're going to clean up on half and half scarves, especially when we play the big guns like Maribor or Standard Leige.

Qualifying for the CL would be an awesome achievement for us. I don't know how much it's worth but let me ask another question: is it worth it? What I mean is, are we ready for it? How will it affect our league performance? Our squad is certainly not strong enough so can we rectify that in one summer? It's a very interesting time.

Qualifying for the CL would be an awesome achievement for us. I don't know how much it's worth but let me ask another question: is it worth it? What I mean is, are we ready for it? How will it affect our league performance? Our squad is certainly not strong enough so can we rectify that in one summer? It's a very interesting time.

I'd suggest that we'd only need to bring in 5 or 6 players on top of what we have now to have a strong enough squad to cope.

Can anyone explain why Juventus got 43m for coming 3rd in their group but Chelsea got the same for reaching the semi final (much the same as Bayern)? Juventus then got ANOTHER 7m for getting to the semi of the Europa League, so in total they were only 7m down on the CL winners.

The company I do lots of work for is a major sponsor of the CL. I get loads of VIP tickets to games.

We qualify: **** me I'll be like a pig in ****. At least 6 VIP tickets for each home game.

Hi mate, you've always had great style and have always been a stand up please pillar of society.

Hope you're having a great weekend

Can anyone explain why Juventus got 43m for coming 3rd in their group but Chelsea got the same for reaching the semi final (much the same as Bayern)? Juventus then got ANOTHER 7m for getting to the semi of the Europa League, so in total they were only 7m down on the CL winners.

The market pool portion of the payout is based on your league position the prior year, how many clubs from your nation make the group stage, and how big your nations TV contract is. I assume that Italy is paying big money for Champion's League TV so Juventus's share was large because they only had to split it with one other club. The top three clubs from England would do better if the fourth place club lost in the playoff round and went to the Europa League.

I don't know how the whole global pool is worked out as no distinction for UK teams if you look at UEFA stats.

Assume TV and sponsorship is up across the board.

Actually just found this so TV money does get allocated nationally. Makes more sense if I think about it.

http://www.danielgeey.com/uefa-champions-league-broadcasting-rights-revenues-explained/

Edited by whelk

Hasn't you boss told you... We want answers not questions? Anybody can ask dumbfool questions?

The market pool portion of the payout is based on your league position the prior year, how many clubs from your nation make the group stage, and how big your nations TV contract is. I assume that Italy is paying big money for Champion's League TV so Juventus's share was large because they only had to split it with one other club. The top three clubs from England would do better if the fourth place club lost in the playoff round and went to the Europa League.

I'm not sure what Italy's CL TV deal is like, but I"m pretty sure the domestic league allows individual clubs to negotiate their own rights unlike the PL where its all centralised. If Juventus were able to negotiate their own CL deal then that would explain their inflated revenues.

I'm not sure what Italy's CL TV deal is like, but I"m pretty sure the domestic league allows individual clubs to negotiate their own rights unlike the PL where its all centralised. If Juventus were able to negotiate their own CL deal then that would explain their inflated revenues.

Champion's League revenue is never negotiated by individual teams. Italy's domestic TV money is rigged pretty strongly in favor of the traditional powerhouses. If I can find a link I will edit the post and put it in.

This should do it:

http://worldfootballweekly.com/2014/02/26/what-is-strangling-serie-a/