Soccer AM

Batman

Yeah, really poor these days.

I think it's clearly struggling ratings wise too, hence the recent changes to an hour less - and it's exposure on sky one, as well as Sky sports - probably to try and bring in more viewers.

I think it's on it's last legs, can see it going and being replaced by something less sketch showish, more informative in terms of the weekend buildup with guests etc. A more lively/big version of goals on Sunday to that effect.

At the end of the day, it's about football and sport. I don't want to hear from random rappers who are clearly intoxicated and stoned on the orange sofa's. The lifelessness of some of their 'guests' is sometimes so embarrassing.

Terribly executed but the football/pop culture/fan angle still has mileage. The show is too long and sketches are too dominant -not to mention utter w**k. On the other hand, some of the guests can be amusing (e.g. the interview with ocean colour scene, Ndamukong Suh's appearance etc). That puppy-eyed gimp who's currently presenting it should be axed -someone like John Fendley might command a bit more respect. Maybe integrate it with the Fantasy Football show to keep things short and sweet.

At the end of the day, it's about football and sport. I don't want to hear from random rappers who are clearly intoxicated and stoned on the orange sofa's. The lifelessness of some of their 'guests' is sometimes so embarrassing.

That's the thing that gets me as well. Today they had two singers on and Chamberlain said to them "you probably thought you'd come on here talking about football and your music but no, it's all about our 2015 dance off today". What the actual f*ck? A football show talking about their completely unfunny dance off instead of actually talking about football?

Not only is it dreadful its also responsible for some of the cringeworthy slang we hear these days, such as Tekkers.

Tbf that started as a **** take of that loon on the rooney street soccer crap.

The show is past it though, some of it is still valid, the crossbar challenge, showboats, last weeks goals etc but the sketches are so far past it and yes I dont care about some band nobodies heard of, nor the two presenters.

Couldnt agree more re the fantasy football bit. Take the best bits off of Soccer AM, extend fantasy football and chuck it on pre sat games

The dance off used to have me in tears back in the day, but we are talking 17 years ago! I think they may go until the end of the season 20 years.

When Lovejoy left in 2007, with half the crew, it went down hill big time!

Edited by Dr Who?

Watched this for more than 15 mins for the first time in god knows how long

what an utterly dreadful show this has been (for a long time, no doubt)

apart from about 3 mins, it is totally unfunny in every single way

Weirdly enough, I also put it on yesterday morning, for about 5 minutes. Then realised why I haven't watched it for about 15 years. Awful.

I still watch SoccerAM if I'm around on a Saturday morning. The biggest sign from this week's episode that how out of touch/out of date the concept has become was how they were showing the LvG 'Queens Park Raisins' clip a week after everyone had seen it online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Craig David was just talking about saints on Soccer AM, saying he used to go to the dell and watch Tiss and Shearer!

Wasn't there a time when he distanced himself from being a fan in the dark days of the mid 2000s?

Seems that now we are back in the big time he's a fully fledged fan again :lol:

Craig David was just talking about saints on Soccer AM, saying he used to go to the dell and watch Tiss and Shearer!

Wasn't there a time when he distanced himself from being a fan in the dark days of the mid 2000s?

he has always been a fan as far as I can remember

Never go for a drink with Craig David on a Tuesday unless you have a free calendar and an open mind.

(He did distance himself a bit from us when we dropped into League One, saying he also supported Arsenal or something like that - like about 40 other people I know to be fair)

Anyone pointing to Lovejoy leaving as a tipping point is probably right, but it was already pretty tired before that. I haven't watched more than 15 minutes of it in the past 4 or 5 years, and the only thing ever worth watching was stuff like Showboat, the Crossbar Challenge or the fairly recent thing with Bullard doing drills against some lower league pro. Max Rushden just didn't work, and Fenners is on tv far too much for a bloke as boring as he is. The last entertaining stupid funny thing they did was the Away Days thing, which was just stupid enough to work.

As for the Rock, the guy's an incredible live entertainer, you can hardly credit Soccer AM for that.

Also fairly sure Craig David just ceased to exist in the media around the same time Saints did without actually disowning the club.

He was always fairly vocal on Twitter about us even in the dark days. He did Power in the Park the summer we were relegated and mentioned Saints a few times.

He wasn't exactly very relevant around our lower league days anyway. Pretty recent his comeback.

Never go for a drink with Craig David on a Tuesday unless you have a free calendar and an open mind.

(He did distance himself a bit from us when we dropped into League One, saying he also supported Arsenal or something like that - like about 40 other people I know to be fair)

He was a saints fan as a kid

Caught an episode a few months back after not seeing it since leaving England 10 years back.....Stones had just signed for City, was a sketch with some 'City' Fans that made me laugh. Thought I'd watch if for a bit longer...lasted about 5 mins before I changed channel.