Newcastle 1 - 2 Southampton Post Match euphoria

SNSUN

MotM vs Newcastle United (Away 2014/15)  

477 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Newcastle United (Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Clyne
    • Gardos
    • Fonte
    • Davis, S
    • Reed
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Elia
    • Pelle
    • Cork
    • Long
    • Targett

Koeman should be in the vote.

He clearly masterminded this victory. He worked with Newcastle rightback Daryl Janmaat last year and knew his weakeness would be defensively and following his man. It was very clever to instruct Elia to come deep inside as often as possible to get more space. Elia is not a type of player that does this often so these were clear instructions that got him 2 goals.

Very well done.

Wow what a week 3 tough away games 6 - points & next round of the cup. You can't ask more than that.

This is turning into a season to remember. Been at the hospital so only just in to see Elia score the second, but I thought

Reed looked like right little terrier from what I was able to see. Ella looks a real handful & will improve with games.

Voted for Reed as MOTM. Elia was very good but Reed was outstanding given the circumstances and the pressure to step up.

Also very happy after betting on Elia to score 2 or more goals...

elia.png

Good work fella! Anyone offering Manager Of The Year odds? I reckon Koeman has to be nailed on!

that handball was a fair shout for newcastle

you seen them given and I would have wanted one for saints had that been the other end

but then, who cares

Elia was very good, who was it who said in the paper that he wont have an impact in the prem?

I think we missed wanyama quite a lot, hopefully a couple of player will be back for the next prem game

Wow - we just won three back to back away games at Man U, Ipswich and Newcastle, all tough places to win. Calling MLG and Fitzhugh to the thread - when is the last time we won three away games in a row, let alone back to back?

Elia, Reed, Pelle superb, Fonte striding out from the back like Alan Hansen. Gardos great again, bit unlucky for goal. Koeman got subs just right although would use Seager and rest Long next week in the Cup if there's any risk to his groin.

Great week to be a Saints fan.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo fecking proud of this bunch of players, the manager and all the staff supporting them. Big shout to those making the journey to support as well.

It just goes on and on and on

Red Stripes being cracked open as I type.

And just seen Fonte & Elia interviewed after the game. Very impressive.

Not that it matters, but Forster at fault for the goal IMO.

Consistently camps too deep in his box and has to be more decisive.

The defenders know he doesn't come off his line so they don't want to take the chance of leaving it. Glad Gardos took responsibility, unlucky.

Bit of both, Gardos must have been able to see Forster coming as he's looking right at him and he has plenty of time to pull out of the tackle.

The defenders know he doesn't come off his line so they don't want to take the chance of leaving it. Glad Gardos took responsibility, unlucky.

Perhaps that's how he's coached ?

"WE ARE SOUTHAMPTON,WE'RE **** ON TV!"

What a week, to win back to back league games at OT and SJP is the stuff of dreams, particularly after the summer we had and all the uncertainty. The Champions League dream is starting to feel very real indeed.

Incredible week, incredible team spirit, incredible manager :)

I can see why Les Reed rates Harrison Reed so much, he looks the business, like he's been playing there for years.

Elia and Mane in the same team and both on form will be amazing, he looks like he is ready to take the chance Ronald has given him with both hands.

very very proud of this club :) :)

What he say?

"I heart Ronald"?

"my situation was bad, i was in terrible trouble, desolate and alone in a world of misery, wandering door to door, club to club, and no-one would help me, no-one would take me in, and then koeman, he was the only one! Koeman opened his door and he let me in to his club and his heart, the only man in the world who would believe in me, and i said to him, i will repay you, ronald koeman! I will repay you with the bloodied corpse of newcastle defenders!"

and then he broke down crying.

42 points by mid-January, what on earth is going on.

I'm used to being mighty pleased with that at the end of the season. Fantastic performance in the circumstances the belief and team spirit throughout the whole of the squad is something to behold. Ellia was MOTM for his goals but I thought Pelle was immense and how many times has he hit the woodwork, this season??

Amazing, we seem to have forgotten how to lose, this is unreal.

We are currently on 42 points. Top 4 should be achieved by getting 33 points from our next 16 games.

Home games: Swansea, West Ham, Liverpool, Palace, Burnley, Hull, Spurs, Villa

Away games: QPR, West Brom, Chelsea, Everton, Stoke, Sunderland, Leicester, Citeh

I can see 33 points from that lot.

Bloody hell, champs league is really on.

:o

"my situation was bad, i was in terrible trouble, desolate and alone in a world of misery, wandering door to door, club to club, and no-one would help me, no-one would take me in, and then koeman, he was the only one! Koeman opened his door and he let me in to his club and his heart, the only man in the world who would believe in me, and i said to him, i will repay you, ronald koeman! I will repay you with the bloodied corpse of newcastle defenders!"

and then he broke down crying.

I saw it, and that is word for word something that he could have said.

He's no Anti Niemi, that's for sure. Oh to have him back.

Great win all the same

Agreed Charlie fella. It can and will be coached out of him though, and he WILL become the perfect keeper IMHO.