La Plagne Ski bob run

mightysaints

Has anyone done this, we are going to La Plagne in March and have booked to do the 4 man bob. £58 each with an Olympic driver to scare ourselves silly. Cant wait but the wife's not to happy about it, thinks I mad to give it a go http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=la%20plagne%20ski%20bob&qs=n&form=QBVR&pq=la%20plagne%20ski%20bob&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&mid=274B6A7B775493D797E7274B6A7B775493D797E7

I did the cheapy one in the bath tub for €40 about 3 years ago. It was pretty good although from what the chalet staff told me the Olympic one is next level intense. Basically don't put your head down as you wont be able to lift it up again until the end of the run, due to the high g-forces involved.

I wouldn't worry about it from a safety point of view. To an ex-Olympic driver it will be a walk in the park and he wont get close to Olympic levels of performance. Kind of like if you did a super car driving experience with Damon Hill.

Incidentally where about in La Plagne are you staying? I was there two weeks ago.

I have done the olympic one at Whistler - if you have a bad back DO NOT do it - I thought the warning was a bit like you get in a theme park ie ass covering. It isn't.

The pain first started half way down the run and just keeps on building until you get to the bottom at which point I was in agony. I have never been so glad for something to end.

That said, my missus who hates rollercoasters, absolutely loved it. If you don't have a bad back - go for it

I've done it twice - 2008 and 2010. Second time didn't seem quite so bad, maybe because of knowing what to expect. It'll be the longest minute of your life and you'll absolutely sh** yourself - unforgettable experience though, well worth it. I concur with Lighthouse, you really do need to keep your head up due to the g-forces - I didn't the first time and nearly passed out!

Oh, and make sure you get the video "evidence" afterwards

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk