Jay Rodriguez - Any news?

SaintLondon

Apologies if there has already been a recent update... but does anyone have any info as to when he will be back in full training? RK said back in the middle of December that it would be Feb. Do you think that could have been a ploy to prevent other teams bidding during the January transfer window...?

My dad saw him at the Nuffield last week and had a chat with him. apparently when he went into see the consultant he wasn't even walking that well - sure it will be quite some time still. Poor kid I do feel sorry for him. the way we are playing at the moment would suit him down to the ground

My dad saw him at the Nuffield last week and had a chat with him. apparently when he went into see the consultant he wasn't even walking that well - sure it will be quite some time still. Poor kid I do feel sorry for him. the way we are playing at the moment would suit him down to the ground

Any transfer gossip;)

Any transfer gossip;)

Plenty of transfer gossip simply because lazy journalists need to keep filling the pages with fabricated and out-or-date stories. No club would bid anything like what JRod was worth before the injury, simply because they couldn't get insurance for him. There may be issues about what happens to his Southampton contract if it is coming to an end as the club will want to preserve as much value as possible but it may well be a tricky situation for both club and player.

Any transfer gossip;)

No , my dad didn't feel it was right to talk about his injury with him . Thought he would be royally ****ed off with fans talking about

nothing else and felt it wasn't really his business as they were in a hospital. Said he was a really nice chap. Surprisingly as they were talking Morgan came out of one of the rooms and waved a hello.

The last mention on the OS was on Christmas Day pre Palace away, when RK was asked about January acquisitions. "I don’t think we need a defender, I don’t think we need a midfielder. Only in front we have not a lot of options. When we started the season I was waiting for Jay Rodriguez to have him back in January and he isn’t back now. Sam Gallagher has an injury and we have to wait how he comes back after his injury and that makes it a little more difficult. That’s the reason we look outside to bring in a new attacker." Doesn't tell you much but I think we can assume his return is not imminent.

some posted the other day that Rodriguez was due for a run out in the U21 by the end of the month. That came from the player himself??

Yes, but I notice the Premier League Injury list has moved his return date from 31st Jan to Feb 7th.. assume that came from the club.

I was told by a Saints fan at Sheffield, that things weren't good, which had in turn come from his wife who worked at the hospital.

Can't say how true it is or not, as I don't know the bloke outside of away matches, but he has been going for years and can't think why he would lie.

That seemed to be at odds with a tweet from Jay Rod in the last week or so, but from how it was explained to me (And I'm sure there could be some Chinese whispers through the food chain) his whole career is at stake.

It does seem strange that the club have gone very quiet on it all, considering now would be the time when he would start he come back in earnest.

Sincerely hope this has all been blown out of proportion.

I was told by a Saints fan at Sheffield, that things weren't good, which had in turn come from his wife who worked at the hospital.

Can't say how true it is or not, as I don't know the bloke outside of away matches, but he has been going for years and can't think why he would lie.

That seemed to be at odds with a tweet from Jay Rod in the last week or so, but from how it was explained to me (And I'm sure there could be some Chinese whispers through the food chain) his whole career is at stake.

It does seem strange that the club have gone very quiet on it all, considering now would be the time when he would start he come back in earnest.

Sincerely hope this has all been blown out of proportion.

I was told that he is unlikely to play football again. I hope this isn't true but it came from a source within the hospital.

Wouldn't expect anything from Jay this season. Based on not tittle tattle other than its a serious injury and if he were anywhere near an U21 game then he would have been training for weeks and you would imagine the club would have tweeted the odd photo of him doing so.

Surely the stuff about him not walking well is bull****.

Edited by Saint Charlie

This is very sad if true, but you do have to ask why things have been so quiet on his progress. At first I thought it was for some sort of transfer pending etc, but it's oddly quiet which makes you wonder what's going on. The club were always quite keen to tell us how JWP was getting on.

I've seen worse injuries though. Aaron Ramsey was horrific, he came back ok - albeit it took him a bit of time.

Nuffield Theatre or Nuffield Hospital? I thought the theatre at first as that's the one I usually go to and I quite liked the idea that our players go to independent theatres, but then if Morgan was hanging around as well then maybe it's the hospital?

Backs up what I was told by club physio - unlikely to see him get many (if any) first team minutes this season. Keeps having set backs.

Thought for a while now that he'd end up retiring due to this. Crikey. It was from nothing as well, not even contact from another player.

Such an innocuous incident. Would be much better if it had been a bad challenge from Joey Barton, or someone like that, and we could be all Angar & Self-Righteous, like Arsenal fans are with Stoke

Such an innocuous incident. Would be much better if it had been a bad challenge from Joey Barton, or someone like that, and we could be all Angar & Self-Righteous, like Arsenal fans are with Stoke

Or run over by a drunk ched evans. On his way to church.

Arsenal learned from that. They booted seven shades of sh*t out of us at the emirates, if they hadn't hacked us off the pitch and down to 10 players we'd be two more points ahead of them than we are now.

Rodriguez dad on Twitter under an hour ago...

As much as what his dad says on twitter is believable, do you really think he'd come out and announce it on twitter if JR was struggling and his career was in doubt?

If that were the case he could just stay quiet.

Equally why would Rodriguez agent say this 7 days ago if things weren't looking good...?

Stephen J Harrison@StephenHM56

A lovely evening with @JayRodriguez9 & his fiancé. Excited about his return @england @SouthamptonFC @BeswicksSports pic.twitter.com/gYz3soa8fh

A busy day beginning at @SouthamptonFC home to clients @JayRodriguez9 and #DusanTadic #TeamBeswicks pic.twitter.com/zO3ANGRw8X

If that were the case he could just stay quiet.

Equally why would Rodriguez agent say this 7 days ago if things weren't looking good...?

A lovely evening with @JayRodriguez9 & his fiancé. Excited about his return @england @SouthamptonFC @BeswicksSports pic.twitter.com/gYz3soa8fh

A busy day beginning at @SouthamptonFC home to clients @JayRodriguez9 and #DusanTadic #TeamBeswicks pic.twitter.com/zO3ANGRw8X

The agent thing means nothing, also his Dad could be throwing up a smoke-screen. I hope not but don't take everything you see on twitter as gospel.

The agent thing means nothing, also his Dad could be throwing up a smoke-screen. I hope not but don't take everything you see on twitter as gospel.

I didn't take it as 100% true, what I did is I asked for what reason would they be lying? No-one has given an answer to that yet. A smoke screen for what reason? If his career was over what reason would there be for not making it public and lying about it instead?

No point in saying that he will be come back stronger if his career was really in doubt.

I m with Matt Le God on this, if he was really struggling he would keep quiet and not say anything.

Now if you choose not to believe it you are entitled to as everyone can have an opinion. Time will tell who was right.

I for one prefer to believe his dad than ITKs on here who might have info from a secondary source.

There is still hope.

Equally, don't take everything you read on twitter as part of some conspiracy or cover up.