Stadium Screens

Wiseone

Extract from the PL Handbook.

SECTION K - Giant Screens

K . 37. Except with the prior written consent of the Board, giant screens or the like at a Club’s Stadium shall not be used to relay to spectators closed circuit pictures of the League Match at which they are present.

K.38. Any consent given under the provisions of the above Rule shall be subject to the following conditions:

K.38.1. the screen shall be located so that it does not interfere with the League Match at which it is used or distract the Players and Match Officials;

K.38.2. it shall be operated by a responsible person who is fully aware of the conditions governing its use;

K.38.3. the screen may be used to show:

K.38.3.1. live action;

K.38.3.2. when the ball is not in play, action replays of positive incidents;

K.38.4. the screen shall not be used to show:

K.38.4.1. action replays of negative or controversial incidents;

K.38.4.2. any incident which may bring into question the judgment of a Match Official;

K.38.4.3. the area of the trainer’s bench;

K.38.4.4. until substitute boards have been displayed, pictures of any substitute Player warming up or preparing to enter the field of play;

K.38.4.5. any pictures which may tend to criticise, disparage, belittle or discredit the League, any Club or any Official, Player or Match Official or to bring

the game into disrepute.

Is it a case of not showing live action in the stadium if the match is being broadcast long TV? I seem to imagine a correlation but I don't have any real evidence.

I thought that might be the case but we haven't shown games when they haven't been televised and Everton definitely had theirs on last night.

We always showed the games in real time on the big screen up until this season, don't know why we stopped as other teams are still doing it so presume it isn't a rights issue. Like others on here though I only look at them for replays and the clock, if I wanted to watch the game on the screen I may as well do it at home.

Um, we do. Don't we? Everything bar contentious replays (as is case at other stadiums)

WHY is this the case with most stadiums. Why do they hide away any contentious decisions?

Most sports have gone with some sort of replay umpire, I know there isnt an efficient/effective way to include this in football yet, but why wont they show replays of potential PENS or OFFSIDES etc on the screens in the stadium??!!

I know the answer is probably crowd behaviour etc, but isnt that a bit of a copout/embarrassing??!!