Mane missing Southampton

doddisalegend

I’m missing them, because it’s my team,’ said Mane after the 2-1 win over Ghana in Mongom. ‘But I’m happy because I’m watching them every, every game, and I’m happy for the team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2917306/Sadio-Mane-keeping-touch-Southampton-boss-Ronald-Koeman-text-Africa-Cup-Nations-Senegal.html

I’m missing them, because it’s my team,’ said Mane after the 2-1 win over Ghana in Mongom. ‘But I’m happy because I’m watching them every, every game, and I’m happy for the team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2917306/Sadio-Mane-keeping-touch-Southampton-boss-Ronald-Koeman-text-Africa-Cup-Nations-Senegal.html

Ah, sweet. We do always seem to have such a nice welcoming team - I'm sure that's played a big part in our quick success this year. And means a lot to me too!

At last we have players who seem to believe it to be a privilege to play for Saints. Pochettino's legacy was a squad of mercenaries who couldn't wait to jump ship thus devaluing the club in the eyes of the world, now we have a guy in charge whom players are queuing up to die for. What a contrast and what a change.

From the BBC

South Africa 0-0 Senegal

Posted at 4 mins

Senegal's Sadio Mane makes a good driving run from midfield and Thulani Hlatshwayo does really well to intercept his attempted through-ball.

Posted at 27 mins

Sadio Mane has be industrious for Senegal so far, and it looks like South Africa are doubling up on him.

Is head to head valued over GD in this tournament or did the commentators just not know the correct standings?

When Algeria went 2-0 and Ghana was 1-1 Ghana were ahead on GD but not going through?

Yup, it's head to head, although academic now. Group D tomorrow is the interesting one. They've all been draws so far.