Cup tickets - were any posted out to ST holders?

Jackie@home

When I ordered our Ipswich tickets on-line, I received them in the post. I assumed the Palace ones were the same because I only saw the options to post or collect. However, just seen the Smartcard Activation on my confirmation. Unfortunately, I've already lent my brother our season tickets because we're away for the Swansea game. Just wondered if they were likely to turn up in the post tomorrow, or I have to drive to Somerset to retrieve my Season Tickets - great!

Strange that they posted the Ipswich tickets out then, as we had our own seats. Otherwise I wouldn't have handed over my season tickets so quickly! Hopefully, with so many people now being able to print at home or already having queued up, the queues won't be quite as bad as they have been in the past before Cup matches.

Strange that they posted the Ipswich tickets out then, as we had our own seats. Otherwise I wouldn't have handed over my season tickets so quickly! Hopefully, with so many people now being able to print at home or already having queued up, the queues won't be quite as bad as they have been in the past before Cup matches.

I used my ST cards for the Ipswich home game. I had paid cash at the ticket office.

Would imagine you'd be able to get duplicates printed at the ticket office. The only posted tickets would have been for those not sitting in their season ticket seat, and general sale tickets.

You will be able to get duplicates, I've left my season ticket behind a couple of times and had to do it. There is an admin fee though, think it's a fiver.

When I ordered our Ipswich tickets on-line, I received them in the post. I assumed the Palace ones were the same because I only saw the options to post or collect. However, just seen the Smartcard Activation on my confirmation. Unfortunately, I've already lent my brother our season tickets because we're away for the Swansea game. Just wondered if they were likely to turn up in the post tomorrow, or I have to drive to Somerset to retrieve my Season Tickets - great!

So am I right in assuming that as I have bought tickets for the game in my season ticket seats and it says smart card activation on the confirmation that I just use my season ticket card to enter the game on Saturday?

So am I right in assuming that as I have bought tickets for the game in my season ticket seats and it says smart card activation on the confirmation that I just use my season ticket card to enter the game on Saturday?

Yep. I bought my season ticket seats for Ipswich game and just used smart card. Have done the same for Palace game too.

For the Ipswich match I purchased my ticket online and well in advance - the same seat as my ST. I received a confirmation email saying my ticket would be posted to me and a ticket duly arrived through the mail a few days later.

For the Palace match I purchased my ticket the day they went on sale and in exactly the same way as above. As before I received an email saying my ticket would come in the post ... but so far nothing.

For the Ipswich match I purchased my ticket online and well in advance - the same seat as my ST. I received a confirmation email saying my ticket would be posted to me and a ticket duly arrived through the mail a few days later.

For the Palace match I purchased my ticket the day they went on sale and in exactly the same way as above. As before I received an email saying my ticket would come in the post ... but so far nothing.

Yes, exactly the same as me. The e-mail confirmation actually states that tickets will be posted to your address, provided they are ordered by 3pm 3 days prior to the fixture, unless you have selected Print@home. I couldn't see anywhere that I was given this option. I couldn't see anything on the Ticketing section of the website that states that the tickets would be added on to your ST. If it is, it must be well hidden!

Really weird that ST holders aren't all being treated the same. We bought cup tickets for Ipswich over the phone and our ST cards were activated. In fact the woman who dealt with us made me feel daft when I asked if they'd be posted and she had to explain about the smart ST card.

Bought Palace tickets also over phone and again the ST card has been 'charged'.

Both times we bought tickets for our usual seats.

Yes, exactly the same as me. The e-mail confirmation actually states that tickets will be posted to your address, provided they are ordered by 3pm 3 days prior to the fixture, unless you have selected Print@home. I couldn't see anywhere that I was given this option. I couldn't see anything on the Ticketing section of the website that states that the tickets would be added on to your ST. If it is, it must be well hidden!

Your reply above and post at the start of the thread has prompted me to check my incoming email again and although the email clearly states the ticket will be posted to me, the words "SmartCard Activation" appear underneath the details of my seat number. So I shall take my ST with me on Saturday.

Phoned them today and they said it would be added to my smartcard, but my receipt says they'll be posted out. Also no ticket tax on my purchase so no idea what the hell is going on. Won't be able to get to the ground until shortly before kickoff so guess I'll have to phone them in the morning to confirm as queues will be mental for pickup. Complete balls up...

Phoned them today and they said it would be added to my smartcard, but my receipt says they'll be posted out. Also no ticket tax on my purchase so no idea what the hell is going on. Won't be able to get to the ground until shortly before kickoff so guess I'll have to phone them in the morning to confirm as queues will be mental for pickup. Complete balls up...

You will go straight in on your ST. It's not really a balls-up - it's actually very good (once you realise that "being posted" bit doesn't apply to smart card activation purchases).

Ipswich - they sent a paper ticket !

Palace - they put it on my smartcard !

Not sure what the policy actually is but would prefer if they stuck to one system for the sake of clear understanding !

Did you buy your Ipswich ticket in the "General Sale" period? Last year if you didn't get it during the initial period of ST only, it had to be a paper ticket.

Ipswich - they sent a paper ticket !

Palace - they put it on my smartcard !

Not sure what the policy actually is but would prefer if they stuck to one system for the sake of clear understanding !

Exactly the same for me. Both were bought in the season ticket holders window.

Did you buy your Ipswich ticket in the "General Sale" period? Last year if you didn't get it during the initial period of ST only, it had to be a paper tickets

.[/quote

Both tickets bought as soon as they became available!

I hope that the TO people read this thread and adopt one simple system and stick with it !

I am still confused.

I bought my own seat on my season ticket last Saturday. The guy behind the counter said my ticket would be sent. That confused me. I got an e mail but no attachment and it did NOT state my card had been activated. Nothing in the post.

I phoned this morning and got a vague response that it SHOULD be OK!

I am going to have to arrive early just in case I have to dash to the ticket office. At this moment I am not happy.