Saints v Swansea

NickG

With no Morgan and Vic (i assume) but Maya back, I would go for the 3-5-2.

--------------------Forster--------------------

------Fonte-----Gardos-----Yoshida----

Clyne----------------------------------------Bertrand

-----------------------Reed----------------------

------------------Davis-----JWP-------------

------------------Pelle-----Elia/Tadic-------

KD, Targett, Cork, Tadic/Elia, Seager, McCarthy, Isgrove/McQueen

With no Morgan and Vic (i assume) but Maya back, I would go for the 3-5-2.

--------------------Forster--------------------

------Fonte-----Gardos-----Yoshida----

Clyne----------------------------------------Bertrand

-----------------------Reed----------------------

------------------Davis-----JWP-------------

------------------Pelle-----Elia/Tadic-------

KD, Targett, Cork, Tadic/Elia, Seager, McCarthy, Isgrove/McQueen

Yep, this. (Tadic on the bench for me). Would like to see McQueen given some game time too.

Good time to play them, but we've got to be a lot better than yesterday.

------------Forster

Clyne - Fonte - Gardos - Bertrand

---------Cork-----Reed

Davis--------JWP----------Elia

--------------Pelle

Defensive solidity and a clean sheet please.

We will not get a better chance to beat them, given the sale of Bony, loss of players to tournaments, injuries and suspensions. They really are on a poor run of form and without Siggurdson its difficult to see where their goals will come from.

Dont slit wrists after the Palace game. Remember the Arsenal, United and Newcastle games. The team will be fully focused on the game and desperately want to achieve top 4. This game can and should take us one step closer.

Never mind dropping Tadic, Cork or Gardos....I trust in Ron to manage them in the right way to make sure they are ready for Swansea.

They don't look in a good place and having sold Bony could potentially have sold Gomis as well - well we can hope

Personally I think they are going through a 'difficult' period so may help us with our injury list.

As I said a while back only to gain some serious derision, Monk is on a tightrope, couple of defeats and he'll be gone.

They don't look in a good place and having sold Bony could potentially have sold Gomis as well - well we can hope

Personally I think they are going through a 'difficult' period so may help us with our injury list.

I think Oliveria is a better striker anyway so losing Gomis would probably work in their favour.

There's something in Gomis' contract, apparently, that if they sell him before his contract runs out they would have to pay up all the remaining bonuses and clauses to him, which I think IIRC amounts to about £6m at the minute as he only recently signed. Can't see them wanting to pay that when they need to keep hold of him now Bony is gone.

I'm taking my friend to her first Saints game for this one, so hopefully we can beat a weakened Swansea team as it's always nice to see a win at your first game!

No Sigurdsson or Bony does make them significantly weaker, but I imagine after two bad losses in a row they won't want to make it three and still have a fairly decent team and are capable of giving us a really good game! Would like to see Reed start, as he seems to get everywhere and would really break up their passing play. Hoping this one goes similar to the Everton game when we were in a similar position with injurys!

--------------------Forster

Clyne-------Fonte---------Gardos------Bertrand

-------------Reed----------Davis

Elia----------------Cork----------Tadic

------------------Pelle

Subs: K Davis, Yoshida, Ward Prowse, Targett, McQueen, Seager.

Cork in advanced midfield role like v Newcastle at home to press Swansea :smug:

I think Ronald needs to make it plain to the players that anything less than 100% effort will not be tolerated, and on that basis I would drop Tadic for this game as he looked totally disinterested on Saturday. Same for Gardos. I would cut Corky some slack as he is just coming back from injury and struggled to get on the pace of the game.

------------------Pelle

ugh, with Long, Mane, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, and Alderweireld all unavailable that bench is not very inspiring.

I feel like we are treading some water here until West Ham. If we can grind out, six points from Swansea and QPR that would incredible.

No we won't it was Ivory Coast who went out, not Senegal.

Since when ?

They play Cameroon on Thursday in a group where all teams have 2 points after drawing both matches.

Citeh have their private jet standing by to go and fetch Bony and Touré if they're losing at HT or something similar.

Don't think Senegal can be eliminated this week under anything but exceptional circumstances so I doubt we're lining up the tandem to go for Mané.

Since when ?

They play Cameroon on Thursday in a group where all teams have 2 points after drawing both matches.

Citeh have their private jet standing by to go and fetch Bony and Touré if they're losing at HT or something similar.

Don't think Senegal can be eliminated this week under anything but exceptional circumstances so I doubt we're lining up the tandem to go for Mané.

Oh.

I was listening to TalkSport on the way to work and they said they expected Yaya Toure to start against Chelsea. Looks like I misunderstood!

------------------Pelle

ugh, with Long, Mane, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, and Alderweireld all unavailable that bench is not very inspiring.

And only has 6 on it. Unless we have signed a Ward and a Prowse by then. One of them may be able to score.

We could always play Swedish Dave's favourite 3-5-1 formation though. :smug:

And only has 6 on it. Unless we have signed a Ward and a Prowse by then. One of them may be able to score.

We could always play Swedish Dave's favourite 3-5-1 formation though. :smug:

that's purely because of the injury situation, and having a man carried off after we'd used all three subs.:lol:..but maybe Ronald can get himself international clearance and play in the back four....?

After yesterday I would not start with Cork, Gardos or Tadic.
Who starts in their place?

Yoshida for Gardos.. ok

Cork for Reed.. ok

Tadic pretty much has to play. who do you replace him with?

forster

clyne fonte yoshida Bertrand

reed davis JWP

tadic elia

pelle

I'm hoping the Palace fiasco does not signal an unravelling of our style of play and a decline in performance. The ease with which we were sliced open by fast running forwards was scary to watch as we've been so rock solid up until now. There may be a tendency for the coaches to over-react to that defeat and change things around unnecessarily this week to plug the perceived short-comings of last Saturday but it's a different situation and different team.

For sure Swansea will come at us out of the blocks knowing that we will be in a pensive frame of mind until we settle into our routine. If we go 1-0 down in the first 10 minutes, it is not easy to see how we will score and get back into it especially if they then park the bus.