200 tickets left for tommorow! Will it sell out?

Roger

The club will probably call it a sell out as single seats will be hard to shift. Every official "sellout" we've had in the past will have had some single seats unsold.

Is that the case with every club? I guess they don't add it on attendance figure tho.

Every sell out hasn't actually sold out?

Pretty much, yes.

In stadiums of many thousands of seats you are going to get single seats dotted throughout that are hard to sell. Most people go to matches with at least one other person. When a club says a game is a "sellout", it is effectively a sellout to anyone that wants to go to a game and not sit on their own.

Do you not think that is the case?

Pretty much, yes.

In stadiums of many thousands of seats you are going to get single seats dotted throughout that are hard to sell. Most people go to matches with at least one other person. When a club says a game is a "sellout", it is effectively a sellout to anyone that wants to go to a game and not sit on their own.

Why would the club state that it a a sell out days before the game if there were still plenty of singles left? How does that benefit the club? I bet there are quite a lot of people that would happily sit alone, or a few seats down from a mate.

Yes, saying it was a "sell out" after a match is fair enough, but logic would say to push the sales as much as possible if there are any tickets left.

Pretty much, yes.

No, I think a lot of 'sell outs' have completely sold out. Coventry at home, Championship promotion game, I don't think anyone was bothered if the ticket available was a single seat, do you?

Pretty much, yes.

No. You're talking sh*t.

Pretty much, yes.

I call BS too ... let's take 'Swansea' out of the equation (and substitute 'Liverpool') - are you really telling us there are 200 single seats available for the Liverpool game? But the club have shut up the ticket shop cos it's not cost efficient to sell £8k worth of tickets, despite the fact the box office is staffed and open pretty much every day and despite the fact the club could sell these 200 tickets 10 times over?

'Because people don't want to sit on there own' .... I call BS with a capital B and a capital S.

Pretty much, yes.

There has been nobody sat in the single seat next to me all season.

Pretty much, yes.

There has been nobody sat in the single seat next to me all season.

Which helps support my point.

No it doesn't at all you idiot. a mate of mine when done there the other day looking for ONE ticket for the Liverpool game but it was sold out, same thing happened for palace game. If there were single seats left they would have sold it to him. The fact someone doesn't turn up for games doesn't mean the seat is unsold.

One scandal this season is the family area where you have to buy an adult and child together so single seats get left there as unsellable under those conditions

You think that single seat has been available for sale every game this season and just not sold?

How many single seats do you reckon went unsold for the Coventry promotion home game, because fans just didn't want to buy single seats? How many single seats do you reckon are currently available for the Liverpool home game?

Pretty much, yes.

I think this is rather bizarre. You're telling us that the club would say that tickets were sold out before the event even though there would be people applying for tickets right up to the kick-off who would buy them if they weren't told they were sold out?

This is complete nonsense.

You think that single seat has been available for sale every game this season and just not sold?

How many single seats do you reckon went unsold for the Coventry promotion home game, because fans just didn't want to buy single seats? How many single seats do you reckon are currently available for the Liverpool home game?

I think this is rather bizarre. You're telling us that the club would say that tickets were sold out before the event even though there would be people applying for tickets right up to the kick-off who would buy them if they weren't told they were sold out?

This is complete nonsense.

Are you saying this is a lie...?

When the club announced Liverpool was sold out on Thursday morning, there were still single seats available. A mate phoned up and got three after it had been announced as a sell out, so what MLG is saying is right. Seems the club do announce a sell out whilst there are still single seats available, which I find a bit bizarre.

Whether the club say it or not, if I can go to the ground and buy a ticket then it is not sold out.

If you go to the shops to buy a paper and the shop assistant says "sorry sir, sold out of those", despite you seeing a pile of them on the shelf, would you just say "oh ok then" and go home?

Or would you point out that the shop assistant is an obvious moron?

When the club announced Liverpool was sold out on Thursday morning, there were still single seats available. A mate phoned up and got three after it had been announced as a sell out, so what MLG is saying is right. Seems the club do announce a sell out whilst there are still single seats available, which I find a bit bizarre.
The club get small numbers of returns and comps that are going to be unused that get put on sale, I used that for mates for Chelsea at home. Doesn't mean it isn't sold out when the club announce it.

The club get small numbers of returns and comps that are going to be unused that get put on sale, I used that for mates for Chelsea at home. Doesn't mean it isn't sold out when the club announce it.

I thought we were talking about 200 single seats? Are these all returns?

Pretty sure that they don't announce a sell out if they haven't. What they normally do is announce all standard seating gone then push the remaining hospitality. Ofcourse because of the anomlies of what and what's not available and how many aways have been sold. The attendance of a technically sold out game could in theory be lower than one that is not.

We may have sold out a number of games but we won't be getting over the magic 32,000 figure any time soon, which we have done in previous years. Much like last season, when our highest attendance was 31,659. The capacity of St Mary's has seemingly been downgraded from the previous 32,689 to 32,505 (or 32,363 if you believe google). Chuck in crowd segregation, corporate areas not selling out and what not, the days of the 32K attendance at St. Mary's are gone.

We may have sold out a number of games but we won't be getting over the magic 32,000 figure any time soon, which we have done in previous years. Much like last season, when our highest attendance was 31,659. The capacity of St Mary's has seemingly been downgraded from the previous 32,689 to 32,505 (or 32,363 if you believe google). Chuck in crowd segregation, corporate areas not selling out and what not, the days of the 32K attendance at St. Mary's are gone.

Time to expand?

Pretty much, yes.

If this is correct then it is bizarre! What benefit would the club have in saying a game is sold out if ther is 200 empty seats? Surely we are just throwing money away, people are not going to try for a ticket if it's annonced as sold out? The club have got this wrong if it's correct.

I think every available seat has gone for Liverpool, standard and corporate.

Pretty much, yes.

I'm with MLG, it's like restaurant, they will tell you it's fully booked even though not ever seat at every table is taken, and if you offer to go and sit with i.e. the hen party they will just look at you Funny