James Ward-Prowse

Roger

No one asked your opinion veggy face.

Sorry that was uncalled for, i didn't read your post fully and just expected some lame rubbish dismissing his performances. I applogise. Sorry Cabage face.

But yes playing as a forward, JWP would be bad, but on the right of the midfield he creates just as much as any one else in the team.

He has played well last two games, sadly I don’t think he will get in over Hoj, Armstrong or Lemina. But we shall see. Myself, like most haters want him to come good, really do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has played well last two games, sadly I don’t think he will get in over Hoj, Armstrong or Lemina. But we shall see. Myself, like most haters want him to come good, really do.

I agree with you on Armstrong and Hoj, but sadly do not agree with Lemina, On his day Lemina is better than JWP, but he severely lacks consistency and passion for me and has no drive to push when we are up against it and is not aplayer who you would see getting the rest of the team pushing and tyring harder and organizing or even just defending the lines, as a DM JWP is better than Lemina.

Lemina ain’t a DM for me, his injury is really setting him back. Personally I think he will do well under Ralph.

DM his main position though but I think he will in a more advanced position ( be better than he has been ), but in the DM spots, OR Hoj and JWP are the ones. when we do end up playing 4222 as ralph wants i think it will be OR + hoj as dm's ( JWP back up ) Lemina Armstrong as AM's ( Obi back up ) and Redmond and Ings are the strikers ( Austin and long as back ups would like to see obi here too ) , think that would be are best team as well ( i didn't include defenders as i really cant decided who is better than who )

Edited by Mosin
missed half my sentence, dopnt knwo what happened it vanished

Quite happy with our squad when fit. Bertrand, Vesterguard, Benarek, Hojbjerg, Lemina, Redmond, Ings all good enough for an upper mid table side. Need a new right back, new forward/winger for sure.

I like how you include Lemina, but not JWP who has proved in the last 4 games he is as good as Lemina if not better and 100 % more consistent than that fool too.

Is this for real?

Yeah, how many times can you say Lemina has played good? not ok, or alright or bad, but good or awesome? I count only 4 - 6 times since he has been here, so 2 seasons with maybe 4 - 6 good performance's, and you think he is better than good performance every game JWP?

when up against a none top 4 team, so 16 / 20 teams we can expect a poor performance from Lemina, against the top sides, if we are on top, he plays well, when under pressure, he is being carried ( Take note he is a defensive midfielder so being under pressure should get the best out of him ) . rather JWP any day, even if he lacks the physical presence Lemina does his overall game is better than Lemina's

It's entirely consistent with this guy's posting history.

I'm thinking he must be related to JWP in some way, because the way he constantly blows sunshine up his arse is quite embarrassing.

No, I give credit when credit is due. rather have a player who will play good every game than a good game once in a blue moon.

Yeah, how many times can you say Lemina has played good? not ok, or alright or bad, but good or awesome? I count only 4 - 6 times since he has been here, so 2 seasons with maybe 4 - 6 good performance's, and you think he is better than good performance every game JWP?

when up against a none top 4 team, so 16 / 20 teams we can expect a poor performance from Lemina, against the top sides, if we are on top, he plays well, when under pressure, he is being carried ( Take note he is a defensive midfielder so being under pressure should get the best out of him ) . rather JWP any day, even if he lacks the physical presence Lemina does his overall game is better than Lemina's

I cant remember JWP having 4-6 good games, im not bashing jwp but he has never kicked on, maybe the fault of poor management/coaching, he is just an average player just hyped up when he was younger, ive no problem when he's in the 11 but he nevers really offers anything, Lemina has class, again probably nullified by poor management/tactics, maybe he isnt as dedicated to sfc as JWP but and a big but if Ralph can get him firing then what a suberb player we will have, has he a attitude? Is he still injured? None of us know and yes his last 2 games hes been poor but i feel more positive if he's in the team over JWP

I cant remember JWP having 4-6 good games, im not bashing jwp but he has never kicked on, maybe the fault of poor management/coaching, he is just an average player just hyped up when he was younger, ive no problem when he's in the 11 but he nevers really offers anything, Lemina has class, again probably nullified by poor management/tactics, maybe he isnt as dedicated to sfc as JWP but and a big but if Ralph can get him firing then what a suberb player we will have, has he a attitude? Is he still injured? None of us know and yes his last 2 games hes been poor but i feel more positive if he's in the team over JWP

No, cause I have seen Lemina play with OR and we sit in relegation zone, ive seen him play with HOJ and got us in relegation places, ive seen HOJ and OR play well, ive seen OR and JWP play well and help drag us out of the relegation zone...……………….. think of that as you will, we play better when JWP plays.

No, cause I have seen Lemina play with OR and we sit in relegation zone, ive seen him play with HOJ and got us in relegation places, ive seen HOJ and OR play well, ive seen OR and JWP play well and help drag us out of the relegation zone...……………….. think of that as you will, we play better when JWP plays.

:lol:

Because everything else is equal, right pal.

play good every game, you can’t be on about ward prowse then. Nowhere near on par with Lemina.

if you say so, that is your opinion, you are entitled to one, does not mean you are right when statistics back my claim up and dismisses yours.

Shooting, tackling, ball retention, ability to manoeuvre in tight crowded spaces, strength

Tackling yes, shooting? no, Ball retention? no, ability to move in tight areas? no JWP has is better technically than Lemina. JWP gets disposed less too, sorry.

that it? that all you can think of? Wow such a list man

No it’s not pal. But those are the type of skills that separate ordinary or moderately good players from very good players and true game changers. The ability to exploit space, create an overload, drag an opponent out of position is the essence of the game. I thought you knew that pep :lol:

No it’s not pal. But those are the type of skills that separate ordinary or moderately good players from very good players and true game changers. The ability to exploit space, create an overload, drag an opponent out of position is the essence of the game. I thought you knew that pep :lol:

not really, cause he gets tackled 9 / 10 so ends up being out of position and out numbered and end up conceding goals, did you not watch how bad defensively we was under MH playing just Hoj and Lemina??? guess not. season ticket cost to much for you?

Tackling yes, shooting? no, Ball retention? no, ability to move in tight areas? no JWP has is better technically than Lemina. JWP gets disposed less too, sorry.

Move in tight areas. Lemina pîsses all over JWP. JWP’s idea of moving in tight space is to pass the ball sideways 5 yards or back to the CB.

Move in tight areas. Lemina pîsses all over JWP. JWP’s idea of moving in tight space is to pass the ball sideways 5 yards or back to the CB.

Obviously that's why JWP is 2nd currently on are chances created this season, you need to take them broken glasses off mate, make you see things that didn't really happen.

Mosin has to be a relative of or is ****ging JWP. He’s paid a fiver to sit and watch the forum all day waiting for someone to bring JwP up so he can defend him. Odd man.

Lemina is a much better player than JWP. There’s not a great deal in it between Lemina at his worst and JWP at his best, imo. And FWIW I don’t think we’ve seen the best of Lemina yet.

JWP has played okay in the last few weeks. He deserves a start, but for me that should be ahead of Armstrong. Imo hes still our 4th best CM.

not really, cause he gets tackled 9 / 10 so ends up being out of position and out numbered and end up conceding goals, did you not watch how bad defensively we was under MH playing just Hoj and Lemina??? guess not. season ticket cost to much for you?

No pal. I was at WHU when he made a costly error for a goal; similarly I remember his error at Newcastle. There’s a time and a place to take risks but he’s ironed out that part of his game and is taking risks further up the pitch.

Where’s your evidence that he gets tackled nine times out of ten? Stats please.

I see your English hasn’t improved much - are you still maintaining that you’re French and an Arab despite living in Northampton :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Mosin has to be a relative of or is ****ging JWP. He’s paid a fiver to sit and watch the forum all day waiting for someone to bring JwP up so he can defend him. Odd man.

Lemina is a much better player than JWP. There’s not a great deal in it between Lemina at his worst and JWP at his best, imo. And FWIW I don’t think we’ve seen the best of Lemina yet.

JWP has played okay in the last few weeks. He deserves a start, but for me that should be ahead of Armstrong. Imo hes still our 4th best CM.

as I asked Sh!tlock, in what way? in what way is Lemina better than JWP.

I want stats too, not just opinion crap. cause we all knows opinions are not FACT.

No pal. I was at WHU when he made a costly error for a goal; similarly I remember his error at Newcastle. There’s a time and a place to take risks but he’s ironed out that part of his game and is taking risks further up the pitch.

Where’s your evidence that he gets tackled nine times out of ten? Stats please.

I see your English hasn’t improved much - are you still maintaining that you’re French and an Arab despite living in Northampton :lol:

has he? in what game? I have seen no improvement with Lemina this season, even after Ralph come in.

JWP’s shooting has been a constant let down over the years. With all his ability yada yada. He’s a neat and tidy average player.

Lemina has the potential for so much more. Would love him to be on the train.

Love to know who your statistician is, mate.

Ok chances created stats ready?

Redmond https://southamptonfc.com/first-team/nathan-redmond 1st on chances created with 27 1.6k mins played

JWP https://southamptonfc.com/first-team/ward-prowse 2nd on chances created so far with 26 in 569 mins

Lemina https://southamptonfc.com/first-team/mario-lemina in his 1.4 k mins so far he has created just 8 chances.

Like Lemina creates far far more than JWP obviously :lol:

Stats don't include cup games.

Redmond https://southamptonfc.com/first-team/nathan-redmond 1st on chances created with 27 1.6k mins played

JWP https://southamptonfc.com/first-team/ward-prowse 2nd on chances created so far with 26 in 569 mins

Lemina https://southamptonfc.com/first-team/mario-lemina in his 1.4 k mins so far he has created just 8 chances.

The stats from whoscored.com give a slightly different impression. I'm not one for stats but as you seem pretty obsessed with them I'll indulge you.

Their total key passes stats reads:

Redmond 29

JWP 20

Armstrong 19

Targett 17

Bertrand 16

Ings 15

Elyounoussi 14

Hojbjerg 13

Cedric 12

Lemina 9

What's interesting is that of JWP's 20, 13 have come from set pieces. Remove the set piece stats from all of the above and JWP is actually bottom. Even when it's worked out as an average per appearance he is still behind all of them except Cedric and Lemina, and it's very tight with both of them too.

If you want to make the argument that JWP should be in the side for his set piece ability alone then by all means make it (although any set piece taker's key passes stats are going to be artificially inflated), but the stats seem to suggest he isn't good for much else. At least with Lemina there are plenty of other things he brings to the table: significantly more interceptions, tackles, successful dribbles.

Lemina has already had, and will continue to have, a far more successful career than JWP., because he's a far better all round player

Shooting, tackling, ball retention, ability to manoeuvre in tight crowded spaces, strength
Shooting - no

Tackling - certainly not

Ball retention - you are joking?

Ability to manoeuve - probably yes

Strength - little in it

Accuracy of passing - no

Awareness - no

Commitment - very questions

Improvement under Hasenhüttl - no

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Can I point out that you were telling us that JWP was better than Redmond and that JWP should be playing in front of him. Now you have moved to Lemina, I suggest in a few weeks it will be in front of Foster.

I want JWP to flourish but it is slow in coming. Against Derby he drove through the centre and was going in on goal but lost his nerve and passed to Long who had drawn the defenders away. He rally does need to take his chances and become 1st on the team sheet for his position. Take a leaf out of Redmonds book, I have always seen Redmonds ability but many did not, he has now in the main proved those doubters wrong and so there is not Reason JWP can do the same if he starts being a positive player instead of a very safe dull footballer

The stats from whoscored.com give a slightly different impression. I'm not one for stats but as you seem pretty obsessed with them I'll indulge you.

Their total key passes stats reads:

Redmond 29

JWP 20

Armstrong 19

Targett 17

Bertrand 16

Ings 15

Elyounoussi 14

Hojbjerg 13

Cedric 12

Lemina 9

What's interesting is that of JWP's 20, 13 have come from set pieces. Remove the set piece stats from all of the above and JWP is actually bottom. Even when it's worked out as an average per appearance he is still behind all of them except Cedric and Lemina, and it's very tight with both of them too.

If you want to make the argument that JWP should be in the side for his set piece ability alone then by all means make it (although any set piece taker's key passes stats are going to be artificially inflated), but the stats seem to suggest he isn't good for much else. At least with Lemina there are plenty of other things he brings to the table: significantly more interceptions, tackles, successful dribbles.

Lemina has already had, and will continue to have, a far more successful career than JWP., because he's a far better all round player

you sure? cause I got different stats on who scored here ill show you " brings up picture to back up my statement not just words)

new.jpg

If u cant see the picture follow this link https://www.whoscored.com/Players/105172/Show/James-Ward-Prowse go to detailed filter it to key passes, go to subcategory Type then go to tab Accumulation Total

from open play JWP has 12 from crosses ( Open play ) 10 from corners, 3 from free kicks and 7 other that makes 19 open play chances created compared to Leminas 9 ( I like how you included Leminas " Others " but not JWP's LOL in less than 40 % of the mins Lemina has had, with most of JWP mins in the EPL coming from big games eg Chelsea / City x 2 / Leicester and Everton 450 mins of his 569 mins against those teams ) so in total JWP has created the same as Redmond so joint top creator, thanks for clearing it up for me. Don't care if from set piece or open play, its still a chance created.

Can I point out that you were telling us that JWP was better than Redmond and that JWP should be playing in front of him. Now you have moved to Lemina, I suggest in a few weeks it will be in front of Foster.

I want JWP to flourish but it is slow in coming. Against Derby he drove through the centre and was going in on goal but lost his nerve and passed to Long who had drawn the defenders away. He rally does need to take his chances and become 1st on the team sheet for his position. Take a leaf out of Redmonds book, I have always seen Redmonds ability but many did not, he has now in the main proved those doubters wrong and so there is not Reason JWP can do the same if he starts being a positive player instead of a very safe dull footballer

I have NEVER said JWP is better than Redmond, different types of players, Redmond is a dribbler, JWP a passer, different types of player, one plays as a forward, the other CM / DM / RM, so cant compare them, although I don't think Redmond would be a very effective DM and JWP wont be a very effective forward, so the comparison don't matter.

you sure? cause I got different stats on who scored here ill show you " brings up picture to back up my statement not just words)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2777[/ATTACH]

If u cant see the picture follow this link https://www.whoscored.com/Players/105172/Show/James-Ward-Prowse go to detailed filter it to key passes, go to subcategory Type then go to tab Accumulation Total

from open play JWP has 12 from crosses ( Open play ) 10 from corners, 3 from free kicks and 7 other that makes 19 open play chances created compared to Leminas 9 ( I like how you included Leminas " Others " but not JWP's LOL in less than 40 % of the mins Lemina has had, with most of JWP mins in the EPL coming from big games eg Chelsea / City x 2 / Leicester and Everton 450 mins of his 569 mins against those teams ) so in total JWP has created the same as Redmond so joint top creator, thanks for clearing it up for me. Don't care if from set piece or open play, its still a chance created.

Why don't you just Watch the game you Wally! JWP's contributions , if any come from corners and free kicks - he can't doesn't run or drive forward with the ball, and by any observed evidence his passing isn't as good as you're claiming. He doesn't tackle or intercept in the way that Romeu, Hoj and Lemina do. If you just stuck to a line of him being a neat and tidy squad player who Ralph has encouraged to step up in the wake of injuries and suspensions, most people would agree with you. You have however put him up as a better player than Redmond and now Lemina - probably our best two players along with Romeu this season. Give it a rest.

Why don't you just Watch the game you Wally! JWP's contributions , if any come from corners and free kicks - he can't doesn't run or drive forward with the ball, and by any observed evidence his passing isn't as good as you're claiming. He doesn't tackle or intercept in the way that Romeu, Hoj and Lemina do. If you just stuck to a line of him being a neat and tidy squad player who Ralph has encouraged to step up in the wake of injuries and suspensions, most people would agree with you. You have however put him up as a better player than Redmond and now Lemina - probably our best two players along with Romeu this season. Give it a rest.

I watch the games, every game, either attend or on tv ( seeing as I am ill atm I have not been attending games ) but If you say so, go look at the games he has played more than 15 mins in so games he starts, you will see he matches them on tackles / interception ( in one game JWP had 11 clearences against City for instants while Lemina had 0 tackles 0 interceptions and so on and was dragged off at half time... ) right here goes, tackles made ( Totals btw cba to do it game by game, am doing it from games he started in and played more than 20 mins ) right tackles 14 tackles, interceptions 7, 22 clearances, pretty good defensive stats for just 6 games no?

Quite interesting reading some of the comments.

I actually believe JWP has improved quite a bit in the past few games.

That said he isn't playing as amazing as someone is trying to portray. He has the same opta rating as Mo, and he has been a huge let down so far.

The thing I think he needs to work on is his longer ball ability passing. As his stats show he doesn't even average 1 successful longer ball a game. Even Hoedt was averaging 5 longer passes a game. Maybe it is just something he doesn't feel comfortable with.

Lets just trust our new manager, he seems to know what he is doing, if JWP gets game time then he probably rates him and that is good enough , maybe Ralf will be the making of JWP, maybe he will be the end of him, but we'll get to see.

IMO every player in our squad started with a blank slate when he took over and gets a chance to prove themselves under the new manager in a new era.

We already know that a few have already been written off by Ralph, Gabbi is gone, Hoedt is sidelined, Cedric is likely to go.

Players regularly criticised on here like JWP, Austin, Long, etc. have, for the time being at least, seem to have made an impression on the manager.

Whilst others like Redmond and Romeu, who IMO were not doing enough over the last year to 18 months to deserve a place in the team now have under the new manager.

Probably the player who flatters to deceive the most is finally coming of age.

Maybe it’s the new found confidence and direction RH is giving him but he’s starting to look like the player who we saw flashes of all too infrequently. The quick one touch swivel cross-field pass with stunning accuracy, the improved upper body strength and a strong drive forward and finally (!) the utilisation of his much maligned shooting skills.

I’m someone who had thought he’d his chance with us - I am so happy to be proved wrong

I've been a big critic of JWP and felt his Saints career was coming to an end but he has been fantastic since coming back into the team.

Much of this is due to increased aggression which has been missing from his game for ages. By not picking him at the start Hasenhuttl has gotten a great reaction.

If he can keep it up then fantastic.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Interest in JWP - Signs new 5 year contract
  • Lighthouse changed the title to James Ward-Prowse
  • Lighthouse locked this topic
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic