Ryan Bertrand Signs 4.5 Year Deal

Imants Bleidelis

Great news! Wasn't sure about Ryan when he initially joined because he's had a fairly patchy record with other teams but he's shown what a good player he can be in his time with us so far. With Targett coming through as well it looks like we have our LB slot sorted for years to come!

Good price for a very good English player, strange Chelsea normally don't sell cheap :)

Well they need the money, and still made a tidy 9 million pound considering he came from their academy.

However, some of the prices they have received have been ridiculous: Luiz, 50million, Lukaku, 28 million, Mata for 37 million and today, Andre Schurrle for 24!

Very good buy from us!

Good price for a very good English player, strange Chelsea normally don't sell cheap :)

Wasn't a price agreed pre-loan? Not sure how these options to buy work. Is it a bargain? I find fees so difficult to keep track of that I don't know what's what. Looking at B'mouth offering £5m for an 18yo from Brum, suggests that it is.

Clever move...they needed to sell.

8.75m is a total bargain.

Is this so? With the FFP requirements on Chelsea for the expensive purchase they made - great work by SFC if the case. Been a great player for us this season; love his runs down the flank and he really has a good cross in his kit bag.

Is this so? With the FFP requirements on Chelsea for the expensive purchase they made - great work by SFC if the case. Been a great player for us this season; love his runs down the flank and he really has a good cross in his kit bag.

And he has great attitude.

Decent price for a very capable player. With him and Targett LB is starting to look good for the forseable future.

As weird as it sounds, I'm glad Ryan isn't 'too good' for us. By that I mean I can't see Liverpool chucking a desperate£25m at him any time soon, so he should stick around a while.

Means that Ryan can play in the away game at Stamford Bridge, too!

Unless the transfer agreement specifically prohibits this which is allowable under the rules.

Also, if we qualify for European football this fills one of our four association trained slots with a good player.

Edited by Redslo

Unless the transfer agreement specifically prohibits this which is allowable under the rules.

Also, if we qualify for European football this fills one of our four association trained slots with a good player.

You sure that it is permitted under the rules, as I was led to believe that it was strictly against the rules.

You sure that it is permitted under the rules, as I was led to believe that it was strictly against the rules.

Rule V.7.3:

if during the period of a Temporary Transfer the Player’s registration is transferred

permanently from the Transferor Club to the Transferee Club, the two Clubs may

agree in writing (to be copied to the League) that the Player shall not play against the

Transferor Club for the remainder of the Season;