guide dog refused entry at Sms

simo

I know the people that look after the blind very well at St Mary's and they're superb. The stewards are second to none in terms of how they handle and look after people and the effort they go to should be commended.

This type of thing smacks of publicity more than anything else and shouldn't take away from this people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The club offered everything else they could to accommodate him and he wasn't even taking the dog anyway. Lack of real news today then.

So in essence it's exactly the same as a West Ham fan who can't get a regular ticket because the game is sold out. Slow news day? Any slower and it wouldn't be moving.

Such a pathetic non-story from an attention seeking blind West Ham fan. There was no room for the dog (spaces sold out) then it transpires he didn't need the dog anyway. The club explained all the many things they offered to help him (very generous to be honest) then the report concluded by saying that the club "declined to comment" - even though they obviously already had otherwise we wouldn't know about the offers of help. Utter dog sh#t "news" article.

If you haven't got enough news to fill up the time, then finish the show early and fill in with some Tom and Jerry!

There was a blind guy next to me in the cinema last week. Every time a baddie came on screen his guide dog growled and bared his teeth, but when the good guy showed up the dog started wagging his tail and barking. After the film I said to the blind bloke "I can't believe your dog was enjoying the film." "Neither can I," he replied. "He hated the book."

Disabled Facilities at St Mary’s for Home Supporters

- 52 Upper Tier Wheelchair Spaces

- 104 Lower Tier Wheelchair Spaces

- 98 Seats for Visually Impaired* (radios and headsets are provided for full match commentary by Hospital Radio broadcasting).

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/fans/disabled-supporters/index.aspx#Yv2MbguWTzE2bqcS.99

The seats are apparently home supporters only anyway.

Having said that, I find it incredible that there are more than 98 blind people who want to go and watch Saints V West Ham.

EDIT - "watch"...

There was a blind guy next to me in the cinema last week. Every time a baddie came on screen his guide dog growled and bared his teeth, but when the good guy showed up the dog started wagging his tail and barking. After the film I said to the blind bloke "I can't believe your dog was enjoying the film." "Neither can I," he replied. "He hated the book."

:lol:

The seats are apparently home supporters only anyway.

Having said that, I find it incredible that there are more than 98 blind people who want to go and watch Saints V West Ham.

EDIT - "watch"...

Why? Have you ever followed footie on the radio? Listening to it, while being in the stadium and feeling the atmosphere would still be amazing. If I were blind, going to a football game would be exactly the sort of thing I'd want to do.

Why? Have you ever followed footie on the radio? Listening to it, while being in the stadium and feeling the atmosphere would still be amazing. If I were blind, going to a football game would be exactly the sort of thing I'd want to do.

Nothing to do with blind people wanting to go, I totally get that. I just didn't expect there to be THAT many blind people wanting to watch Saints V West Ham. I didn't think there was that high a ratio of blind people in the population.

Nothing to do with blind people wanting to go, I totally get that. I just didn't expect there to be THAT many blind people wanting to watch Saints V West Ham. I didn't think there was that high a ratio of blind people in the population.

There's far fewer than there was at the Dell, though that's probably to do with the fact that Cortese decided to start charging them. Something that never happened at the Dell as it was seen as a community service to provide free access to the local football club for people with disabilities such as blindness.

You've made me curious. A quick Google tells me there are 64,000,000 people in the UK and 360,000 registered blind. Who's good at maths?!

There's far fewer than there was at the Dell, though that's probably to do with the fact that Cortese decided to start charging them. Something that never happened at the Dell as it was seen as a community service to provide free access to the local football club for people with disabilities such as blindness.

We started charging them after we left the Dell? That has nothing to do with Cortese then. And to be honest, I don't see why they shouldn't pay. So much is made of disabled being given equal opportunities etc.

We started charging them after we left the Dell? That has nothing to do with Cortese then. And to be honest, I don't see why they shouldn't pay. So much is made of disabled being given equal opportunities etc.

Started charging in the second season in league one (if memory serves) not the Dell, and as for why they shouldn't pay i'd like to think the club are at the core of our community and if they can do something to improve the lives of people with disabilities then they should.