Football Manager 2009 - Southampton Save Game Thread

Matthew Le God

Started a new game because I got bored.

Signed Graveson, Appiah, Christanval, Yildirim on frees.

Got Hugo, Tordoya, Mascio and Rapnik as suggested on here.

FINALLY managed to get f*cking Carlton Cole on loan.

Also signed Chris Killen from Celtic (needed someone who was tall up front), Ian Walker in goal and Steve Foster at right-back.

You can't go wrong with Hugo, Tordoya and Mascio.

Looks like you will have a pretty decent squad, did you have to sell many to get all those?

Sold Skacel and Surman for £2million each, Davis, Euell, John, Thomas and released Perry.

My trouble is - I haven't got a clue about tactics. I've got a great squad but we'll probably end up 24th due to me not having a clue :(

I'm playing 4-1-3-2, attacking, little creative freedom, direct passing, quick tempo, always closing down and deep defensive line at the moment.

We just lost to Swindon in the league cup. :lol:

Graveson scored 11 goals and got 12 assists from CM for me, Chelsea came in with a £2.5 million bid in january, f*cking well happy. Took the money and he got injured within the week.

Stephen Appiah is a decent enough replacement, f'sure.

How the hell did you get Thomas Gravesen? He never signs for me! :(

In the Prem now, Hugo is my best defender and Mascio is out on loan (he won't get in the team ahead of Appiah or Binya so I wanted him to get some experience).

Tordoya had trouble settling but is quality now.

Team after promotion through the play-offs:

---------McGregor

James Hugo Helguera Sepsi

Yildirim Binya Lallana Convey

------Cole Roberts

McGregor from Rangers, Helguera from Madrid I think, Sepsi god knows.

Convey on a free, Jason Roberts for about £1million. West Ham went down so got Cole cheap.

Also signed Billy Jones from Preston as cover for defence and CM.

Dreading the start of the Prem season, but Wotte seems to think we will be OK.....

• 3 weeks later...

anyone starting a new game and in need of some cash, sell skacel for £2,700,000 and lloyd james for £1,200,000. Started 3 new games and each time hull have stumped up that price for skacel and reading have always bought james.

anyone starting a new game and in need of some cash, sell skacel for £2,700,000 and lloyd james for £1,200,000. Started 3 new games and each time hull have stumped up that price for skacel and reading have always bought james.

Doesn't make him a bad player. Just means you aren't getting the best out of him :p

Well what the hell are you supposed to do with him then? I've tried him on LM, RM, CM, DM and AM and he has been sh*t everywhere.

Perhaps he just doesn't suit my style of play. :cool:

just got promoted with us in 1st season, is possible if you sell every single one of the players we have at the start of the game bar Lallana and Spiderman

Its possible if you don't do that as well. James and Mills were two of my best players in my first season when I got promoted, and McGoldrick chipped in with around 14 goals as well.

The team you start with isnt actually that bad.

I played him mainly at centre midfield in a 4-1-3-2 foramtion with Spiderman sitting just in front of the defence :p

Davis/Bialkowski

James/Hatch Perry/Lancashire Emmanuel-Thomas Mills

Spiderman

Gillett

Lallana/Teixeira Skacel

Saga/Cole Stead/Chopra