Nigel Pearson been sacked (or not)

ART

In recent weeks he's looked like he's been having a bit of a breakdown, a case of the pressure becoming a little too much I think.

More was expected of Leicester it has to be said. I liked Nigel when he was here, but I don't think he can have any gripes about being sacked. As well as having a poor record this season, he's acted like a bit of a mentalist.

Still the timing is tricky - not sure who Leicester think they can bring in now. They are a few weeks late I think.

Not only that bizarre behaviour at Leicester's game with Palace but his attitude and comments in his MotD interview made him look like someone not fit for a high profile role. Whilst that probably wasn't what got him sacked, if that is how he has been conducting himself in the club, it's understandable that Leicester would want shot of him.

In recent weeks he's looked like he's been having a bit of a breakdown, a case of the pressure becoming a little too much I think.

More was expected of Leicester it has to be said. I liked Nigel when he was here, but I don't think he can have any gripes about being sacked. As well as having a poor record this season, he's acted like a bit of a mentalist.

Still the timing is tricky - not sure who Leicester think they can bring in now. They are a few weeks late I think.

Probably trying to beat QPR to Sherwood.........................or maybe 'arry makes a remarkable medical recovery :suspicious:.

TBF they're isn't a lot of obvious managerial choices available of the top of my head...

good manager but usual first season problems coming up from the Championship....I'm surprised that Sean Dyche has lasted so long tbh.

The lack of spending from Burnley suggests, to me, they didn't expect to stay up this season (though I'm sure they'll take it if they do) but where happy to take the extra cash and the parachute payments and plan for an immediate return to the championship given that I doubt Dyche was under any pressure at all.

He could have been our Tony Pullis :(

It's all down to the club's apparent policy of hiring overachieving coaches, sadly. Perhaps the board contrasted its policy of taking a chance on smaller kids with Pulis' Stoke-era transfer activity, which he largely conducted with a tape measure. Perhaps the goals were different; bumpy relegation fights versus a genuine shot of getting into Europe via league qualification. As long as we beat Arsenal and remind the world we're not completely sh!t, eh?

I'm not saying you're wrong, btw. He could have been our Tony Pulis. However, I believe the correct way to express this is on a Friday night, with the people you talk Saints with, repeatedly.

He could have been our Tony Pulis. He could have been our Tony Pulis.

I don't want to labour the point, but you get the idea.

Well I'm guessing they're are looking for an experienced PL manager (ideally one who hasn't been relegated) I'm not sure Nigel really ticks that box.

Who could they get with that profile? A club in their situation should be looking at options which work longer term whether they stay up or not.

Leicester are definitely a more stable club than QPR, so could be a more enticing proposition for Sherwood, but seeing as a couple of his old coaching staff are already at QPR, I expect him to go there, I quite rate him and I think he could keep QPR up.

I'd put my money on someone like Neil Lennon, Chris Hughton or someone of that ilk taking the Leicester job.

Deserves all he gets after that touchline collision fiasco yesterday, the bloke is nothing but a thug and I for one will be glad that we don't have to listen to his ponderous whining drivel on MotD anymore. Not surprised he was sacked, an effing disgrace to football. Leicester had no choice after that bizarre behaviour and let's face it their results have been so crap that it is truly amazing that he wasn't given the big heave-ho long ago. Good riddance.

Deserves all he gets after that touchline collision fiasco yesterday, the bloke is nothing but a thug and I for one will be glad that we don't have to listen to his ponderous whining drivel on MotD anymore. Not surprised he was sacked, an effing disgrace to football. Leicester had no choice after that bizarre behaviour and let's face it their results have been so crap that it is truly amazing that he wasn't given the big heave-ho long ago. Good riddance.

Was circulating earlier ,SSN reported it then said he hadnt gone not on the BBC ,sky or Leicester Os I wouldn't get too excited just yet!

good manager but usual first season problems coming up from the Championship....I'm surprised that Sean Dyche has lasted so long tbh.

Really...? They are sat just above the relegation places - if they finished 17th, that would be a huge achievement given the investment. Leicester have spent a fair bit of money and look much, much weaker than Burnley. I think Dyche is doing a great job and so, I suspect, do the Burnley Board.

It seems it's a case of no smoke without fire. Someone, somewhere either jumped the gun or had an agenda. The fact they have a big match against Arsenal tomorrow may have gone unnoticed by the Leicester board. What is most odd is the time it took to deny the story.

Gary Cotterill@gary_cotterill 31m31 minutes ago

Clever. LCFC save cash. Don't sack Manager after all. Wait for FA charge. In meantime blame media for getting it wrong. Then get rid free.

Absolute bull. Not a chance that what happened on Saturday could be viewed as a sackable offence. Pardew didn't even get the sack for nutting an opposition player!

Cotterill trying to cover up Sky's embarassment for getting it all wrong.

The fanbase up here is fairly divided on Pearson at the moment. I think it's just about tipping in the direction of them wanting him to stay for now.

The fans wanting him gone have all mentioned what we did with Adkins but I do explain how lucky we were with that one and it doesn't always happen like that. I also feel that if they do go back down, Pearson is actually one of the better candidates for bringing them straight up again.

One thing is consistent though no matter which side of the fence they are on and that is how weird his display on Saturday was. He genuinly looks like a guy having a bit of a breakdown and possibly struggling with the pressure he is clearly under at the moment. his outburst from earlier in the season was another massive indicator of this.

The fanbase up here is fairly divided on Pearson at the moment. I think it's just about tipping in the direction of them wanting him to stay for now.

The fans wanting him gone have all mentioned what we did with Adkins but I do explain how lucky we were with that one and it doesn't always happen like that. I also feel that if they do go back down, Pearson is actually one of the better candidates for bringing them straight up again.

One thing is consistent though no matter which side of the fence they are on and that is how weird his display on Saturday was. He genuinly looks like a guy having a bit of a breakdown and possibly struggling with the pressure he is clearly under at the moment. his outburst from earlier in the season was another massive indicator of this.

What do they think of the owners? If true it's a bit strange that Pearson could be sacked by one board member and reinstated later. That's no way to run a club.

As for his reaction on Saturday it didnt look McArthur was that bothered by it so neither should anyone else be.