Nigel Pearson been sacked (or not)

ART

What do they think of the owners? If true it's a bit strange that Pearson could be sacked by one board member and reinstated later. That's no way to run a club.

As for his reaction on Saturday it didnt look McArthur was that bothered by it so neither should anyone else be.

Up until the weekend everyone would agree they were doing a good job. They've put a lot of money into the club and didn't panic when they missed out in the play offs so they seem to know what they are doing. I've not heard any complaints at all to be fair.

From what I have heard about Sunday evening, it seems the owner was ready to go ahead with it, even calling Pearson and his staff in for the meeting in the afternoon but was then talked down by his son somewhere between him making the initial decision and the actual meeting taking place.

And as for Saturday, it's more Pearson's reaction than anything else. The crazy almost demonic smile on his face and the fact that upon closer inspection he didn't actually say a word to McArthur. He put his hand around the player's neck then held onto his shirt and the whole time just looked at him with this weird smile. Then there is the post match comments about being able to look after himself, everyone is just a bit bemused as to what he was trying to do.

Credit to James McArthur though for not making a bigger deal out of the incident. A fact which I believe has lead to Pearson escaping any kind of punishment for it.

Up until the weekend everyone would agree they were doing a good job. They've put a lot of money into the club and didn't panic when they missed out in the play offs so they seem to know what they are doing. I've not heard any complaints at all to be fair.

From what I have heard about Sunday evening, it seems the owner was ready to go ahead with it, even calling Pearson and his staff in for the meeting in the afternoon but was then talked down by his son somewhere between him making the initial decision and the actual meeting taking place.

And as for Saturday, it's more Pearson's reaction than anything else. The crazy almost demonic smile on his face and the fact that upon closer inspection he didn't actually say a word to McArthur. He put his hand around the player's neck then held onto his shirt and the whole time just looked at him with this weird smile. Then there is the post match comments about being able to look after himself, everyone is just a bit bemused as to what he was trying to do.

Credit to James McArthur though for not making a bigger deal out of the incident. A fact which I believe has lead to Pearson escaping any kind of punishment for it.

Thats what my Leicester mates say as well, though I got the impression that many were upset with the news. Other than a few excited remarks in the summer, your owners have done a good job. They actually learned from the Sven experiment and have been remarkably patient with Pearson when they could have quite easily given him the boot after your mini-collapse in the second half of the 2012/13 season (you still sneaked into the playoffs, mind). Agree- would trust him to get you back up again should you get relegated.

As for his antics, isn't that pretty much par for the course? If anything, he's been remarkably restrained in front of the national media, compared to his treatment of local, admittedly s**t-stirring journos like Ian Stringer.

Edited by shurlock

Thats what my Leicester mates say as well, though I got the impression that many were upset with the news. Other than a few excited remarks in the summer, your owners have done a good job. They actually learned from the Sven experiment and have been remarkably patient with Pearson when they could have quite easily given him the boot after your mini-collapse in the second half of the 2012/13 season (you still sneaked into the playoffs, mind). Agree- would trust him to get you back up again should you get relegated.

As for his antics, isn't that pretty much par for the course? If anything, he's been remarkably restrained in front of the national media, compared to his treatment of local, admittedly s**t-stirring journos like Ian Stringer.

Think you've got me wrong guv!! Was just giving my thoughts on this due to my convenient location (I am actually sat roughly 50metres away from their stadium right now) and not due to my affiliation which is well and truly Saints!!

Apart from that though you make good points about them learning from the Sven experiment and also Ian Stringer is indeed a s**t!

Same here scotty. As I said previously, I think it's largely down to McArthur's reaction (or rather his lack of one either way) which has helped Pearson escape punishment.

Shouldn't make any difference how McCarthy reacted. Pearson ought to have been punished for that. He shouldn't have been in the player's way in any case, should have shifted when he saw the player slide in.

I guess you're right to be fair. I'm just trying to give the lad some credit for it really as you don't often see players not making a meal of every little thing these days. Same with the Sterling incident against Swansea a few months ago, I think they both should have had punishment and it shows some inconsistancy from the panel who decide on these things.

And I don't think he had time to move out the way as he was looking the other way up until the very last second from what I saw. He should have laughed off the situation as it looked like he was going to, then he just switched!

Got to say, having watched that McCarthy incident again, I'm astounded that Pearson got away without any sort of censure.

It's a bit weird isn't it? Van Gaal is going to get punished for saying the ref was against them during the FA cup game against Cambridge. Yet Pearson had his hands around a players throat and gets away scot free. The Message being what ? Moaning about refs bad but Physical altercations with players is Ok.............