Osvaldo to Boca Juniors - on loan...

DT

Like most Saints fans, really wanted him to do well here. Fits our profile of taking a gamble on a player. The gamble did not pay off, unfortunately. If Poch couldn't control him with a prior relationship to draw from, and no-one else seems to be able to handle him, can't do with him back here at such a crucial stage.

Pisses me off how this f*cker keeps getting exactly what he wants! I'd wish him a torrid time at Boca, but it would prob only secure him a move to Real Madrid.

I hope he sets the world alight, so there's more chance of someone coming in for him in the Summer.

Like most Saints fans, really wanted him to do well here. Fits our profile of taking a gamble on a player. The gamble did not pay off, unfortunately. If Poch couldn't control him with a prior relationship to draw from, and no-one else seems to be able to handle him, can't do with him back here at such a crucial stage.

The Club have certainly learnt from the 2 most expensive flops we've had in Osvaldo and Gaston.

From the start both players seemed loathe to join us, but due to lack of other suitors willing to pay as much as we were offering, they reluctantly came to us, and did little to earn their pay or respect from the fans who were willing them to live up to the expectations and be great players for us.

The latest batch of players have all seemed to be very keen to join us, and with many of them on loan to buy deals, no costly errors will be made. In fact one guy (Algerian?) got sent back within a month for not having the right attitude pre season saving 8 million or whatever there and then!!

The Gambles are now made with The Odds stacked very much on our side!! Only downside is if the loaning club is smart enough to put in a buy back clause as with Toby. Wonder how that one is going to pan out?

Elia with his tongue in cheek Tweet about his Balls still being intact shows he could well be a bit of a maverick still and a challenge to the club, but at least we get a trial period first (and 3 pts bonus v Newcastle)!!

The Club have certainly learnt from the 2 most expensive flops we've had in Osvaldo and Gaston.

The biggest lesson has probably been not to allow the CEO to get involved in (or indeed to take over) player acquisitions. That's something best left to Reed, his team and the Black Box.

I always thought River Plate was his dream but I guess he suits Boca much better, if he steps out of line there he'll be lucky if the fans don't tear him apart they take it pretty seriously! The Boca stadium has coca cola labels in black and white round the top as the Fans would not accept the more traditional red and white, it's not often Coca Cola don't get there own way!