West Ham fan here in peace.. Wednesday night in Southampton

london

Firstly, it honestly is a fresh of breath air to see you lot doing so well instead of the usual "big clubs".. I really hope you can finish in the top 4 season...

It's going to be a really tough evening for us on Wednesday and I would bite your hand off for a draw..

The reason i'm here is to ask a few questions about Southampton in gerneral....

Coming down for the game on Wednesday and staying the night.. is there much to do on a Wednesday night in Southampton?

I know there is two universities so I'm guessing there is a good chance something will be happening after the game?

Thanks in advance.

Only three years ago that both of our clubs were in the Championship so it has been good to see that teams like ours can compete despite the hugely unfair financial advantage given to the wealthy 5 or 6.

As for what to do after the game on Wednesday, one of the Wetherspoons pubs is a good place to drown your sorrows in quality beer at low prices, and they do food, if you can call it that, until 11pm. The nearest to St Marys is the Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis by Ocean Village. If you go back to the City Centre you won't get there until after 10.00pm. If you want a night spot, there are several to choose from, as Google will show you.

Bedford place is okish, if you want a decent night head to oxford street around dock gate 4, so much of a better night out

Bedford is full on students.

Maybe, but Oxford Street will be dead on a Wednesaday night.

There's half priced steak night at both Coco Rio and Marshals on a Wednesday!

Only three years ago that both of our clubs were in the Championship so it has been good to see that teams like ours can compete despite the hugely unfair financial advantage given to the wealthy 5 or 6.

As for what to do after the game on Wednesday, one of the Wetherspoons pubs is a good place to drown your sorrows in quality beer at low prices, and they do food, if you can call it that, until 11pm. The nearest to St Marys is the Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis by Ocean Village. If you go back to the City Centre you won't get there until after 10.00pm. If you want a night spot, there are several to choose from, as Google will show you.

Can't believe that is a 'Spoons! Was down a few weeks ago and saw it, thought it was the most ridiculous name for a pub I had ever seen and found myself taking a picture of the sign. Would never have guessed it was a Weatherspoons!

Can't believe that is a 'Spoons! Was down a few weeks ago and saw it, thought it was the most ridiculous name for a pub I had ever seen and found myself taking a picture of the sign. Would never have guessed it was a Weatherspoons!

The Admiral Curtis is quite a good place for a pre-match drink, being a short walk to the SMS, although as you'd expect it gets very busy. You get home and away fans mixing happily there and there is reasonably priced parking behind the pub or on nearby streets.

Don't wear any colours. We have a notorious firm out on a Wednesday and they will chase you pit of the city if they recognise you as an outsider.

I'd echo this. Ever since the Battle of Whitechapel underpass when 15 saints routed 60 West Ham relationships have been strained between the two firms. Saints top lads are angry that the scene was deleted from Rise of the Footsolider and there was no mention of this in the ICF book. Since then Saints boys have been looking to shut the loud mouth cockneys up once and for all but West Ham have never shown since, no doubt paralyzed with fear and the memories still fresh of their last hiding. So yes, take my advice, dont talk like Billy Mitchell, keep your nut down and you'll be alright. If anyone asks you if you know any of the ICF say no, or you can forget about Blue, you'll just be covered in your own claret.

I'd echo this. Ever since the Battle of Whitechapel underpass when 15 saints routed 60 West Ham relationships have been strained between the two firms. Saints top lads are angry that the scene was deleted from Rise of the Footsolider and there was no mention of this in the ICF book. Since then Saints boys have been looking to shut the loud mouth cockneys up once and for all but West Ham have never shown since, no doubt paralyzed with fear and the memories still fresh of their last hiding. So yes, take my advice, dont talk like Billy Mitchell, keep your nut down and you'll be alright. If anyone asks you if you know any of the ICF say no, or you can forget about Blue, you'll just be covered in your own claret.

I'll bear that in mind, thanks :lol:

Are you for real? Not sure I can ever take you seriously again.

What quality beer exactly do Weatherspoons serve up?

It hasn't been my experience in the past.

We have students from all around the world working on projects for a few months, then heading back to their uni; almost all of them comment on what a shiiitehole Southampton is for night life / things to do.

They are here for 6 months at a time, and spend their weekends in other towns (Brighton, Bath, Bournemouth etc)

Unless you are down here to count how many student flats we have in the city, don't expect a great night out. Especially after letting 4 in....;)

I went to St Marys for the first time in ages this year and walked past teh Frog and Frigate - sad to see it boarded up - real sawdust on the floor pub, no chairs and blokeplaying guitar in the corner behind a wooden cage

fun nights

Don't even get me started on the loss of the Canute :(

I've heard this is the kind of place that you ought to have on a pair of shoes that you don't mind getting ruined if you're going!

Yep, my last housemate had a pair of Jesters' shoes - £2 from Primark, replaced every month or so. Turns out vomit, urine and unknown beverages is a tough combination to wash out.

I went to St Marys for the first time in ages this year and walked past teh Frog and Frigate - sad to see it boarded up - real sawdust on the floor pub, no chairs and blokeplaying guitar in the corner behind a wooden cage

fun nights

Don't even get me started on the loss of the Canute :(

Think Frog & Frigate has reopened

If you're looking for a market to trash Green Street style then head to the one on St Mary's Street. The lads drinking in the Kingsland Tavern won't mind some propa nawty Hammers fans acting up on their manor.

Used to drink in the Tavern before games, some nawty geezers in there. Think I saw more fights in there in a year than in the rest of my life combined..