Saints vs West Ham Post Match

Mr X

0-0 Not good enough against 10 men. Forward players lost their confidence in front of goal, Pelle a shadow of the player he was at the start of the season. Don't understand why we took Mane off, Davis would have been a better swap for Djuricic. So frustrating. 1 point from 6 at home against sides we should be beating.

Wasteful in the final third. West Ham came to frustrate us and succeeded. Lots to work on for Koeman. We're great at the back and in the centre of the park, but we're not putting chances away like we were earlier in the season. Still, another clean sheet and another point on the board.

Disappointing, that result is definitely in the '2 points dropped' category. West Ham came for a point and stuck to their plan superbly, so it's not like this was an easy game to win but still very frustrating.

Pelle seems to have lost his mojo, I really don't get why we didn't get another striker in in January. Perhaps we went for someone and didn't get him but there is definitely space for another striker (literally) on our bench.

Most frustrating game of the season thus far. 2 points dropped but.....still in 4th place after 25 games. Just need to beat Liverpool now!

Fonte MotM

agreed.

why will take points off teams this season, they're not a bad side, they're well organised.

i reckon they'll be 8th this season- so the best of the sh*t teams, but the sh*ttest of the best.

As my school reports used to say: Not Good Enough.

Need to beat 10 men mid table cloggers at home if we were to have any hope of Europe.

Think this might be the midweek that we finally proved the doubters right and slipped. We will be 7th come the start of March.

Edited by Pancake

And all the stats look good except for the most important one. Still not the end of the world or our CL challenge.

Plenty of other teams will come to us and set up like that. The Swansea game and tonight have proved we are simply not good enough at breaking teams down. Pelle's really lost his shooting boots too. One point from two home games is not CL form, sadly. The dream has ended. Massively disappointing.We just have to try and grind out a few more wins to make the Europa League

Disappointing but still in the top 4.

Think the Liverpool game will be very different, however. The 10 day break will help us I think

Take the team away somewhere for a week!!!! Let's face it, they are 4th in the premier league, they deserve it.

One point at home from two games against a demoralised Swansea and 9.5 man West Ham. Simply not good enough. :x

Pelle doesn't look like ever scoring again - Tadic can't get the ball out of his feet half the time. And why are we trying to walk the ball into the net? Just fckin shoot FFS.

Don't think its a reason to panic however disappointing the result. Plenty of opportunities v Hull, Villa, Palace, Burnley at home. Players just need to loosen up, going forward it looks like we're tense and it comes across as lacking in imagination. It's not, they're just anxiety ridden. Just need one or two goals in the next home game...

Too many players are not willing to take the responsibility of taking the shot, they shirk the responsibility and take an extra pass or move into a congested area instead of moving into space. Time to up the goal bonus, and JWP should stop his floaty passes into the box and dribble an extra 10 yards and shoot, more chance of the keeper spilling it than us winning a header in the box.

As my school reports used to say: Not Good Enough.

Need to beat 10 men mid table cloggers at home if we were to have any hope of Europe.

Think this might be the midweek that we finally proved the doubters right and slipped. We will be 8th come the start of March.

highly doubt it.

anyways, 4 points out of 9, when you consider we got 7 out of 9 in the games vs arsenal, chelsea and united. ffs.

we struggle with these park the bus teams, and we have no game changer. someone like aguero or hazard was needed there.

gutted.

We're at the business end of the season now and beginning to choke. 2 home losses and a strained win against a very poor qpr side would suggest that we are beginning to fall away. Meanwhile the usual suspects are coming on strongly. Pellet has contributed, but has been woeful I'm front of goal, and as confidence drains nobody else seems to want to take responsibility. I noticed in a recent interview RK spoke about finishing sixth or seventh, perhaps preparing people for a more realistic league position. Ultimately, very disappointing, I fear we are on the down.

Never should have removed Mané. He'd have scored in the way the game panned out towards the end. An immense 3 points lost to add to those lost against Swansea who couldn't beat West Brom tonight. No goals and we'll soon lose our position in the coming weeks.

Very good bus-parkery by Wham. Pele has lost his confidence. I just hope we can get another front man before the January window closes.

Plenty of other teams will come to us and set up like that. The Swansea game and tonight have proved we are simply not good enough at breaking teams down. Pelle's really lost his shooting boots too. One point from two home games is not CL form, sadly. The dream has ended. Massively disappointing.We just have to try and grind out a few more wins to make the Europa League

:mcinnes:

I'll keep dreaming if you don't mind. 20 shots on goal most blocked or saved. West Ham doing what SA is good at. Also I try to look at the points tally from both games not just the last compared to this. So four points from a possible six against West Ham.

Crikey, might as well not bother checking the results for the rest of the season judging by the reactions here tonight!

Not a great result and we should have done better and we need another striker but we're 4th...still leaving the dream and enjoying it. People are starting to talk like those big teams we hate, acting like we deserve to win and should win every game.

Chill out.

We're at the business end of the season now and beginning to choke. 2 home losses and a strained win against a very poor qpr side would suggest that we are beginning to fall away. Meanwhile the usual suspects are coming on strongly. Pellet has contributed, but has been woeful I'm front of goal, and as confidence drains nobody else seems to want to take responsibility. I noticed in a recent interview RK spoke about finishing sixth or seventh, perhaps preparing people for a more realistic league position. Ultimately, very disappointing, I fear we are on the down.

Chelsea were very fortunate tonight to win against a team parking the bus, all teams struggle especially with our depth of squad