Hampshire CCC - 2015 Season

Halo Stickman

Warwickshire Kent just abandoned. Hampshire will now be in QF but away from home unless they can beat Notts. Inspection at 8pm. At present we will be away to Gloucester

Now confirmed. Gloucester v Hants at Bristol next week, date to be confirmed

Edited by Weston Saint

Warwickshire Kent just abandoned. Hampshire will now be in QF but away from home unless they can beat Notts. Inspection at 8pm. At present we will be away to Gloucester

A good draw for us I think. Rather them than Yorkshire, Surrey or Durham.

I do wish Vince would bat first when winning the toss. I think we're better at defending a total

Next Wednesday. 10.30am start, which is a bit of a pis ser as I'll be en route to Legoland.

I see Mark Footitt has rejected a new Derbyshire contract. I'd definitely hope, if we stay up, that the club are looking at offering him one. He's exactly what we need.

Whether he would accept, I'm not sure, as inevitably the likes of Surrey and Notts are hawking around

David Willey being rumoured to leave Northants. Probably go to Man U or Chelsea.

Cricinfo are reporting we've signed Reece Topley, and he could join on loan before the end of this season. Very good addition as he's got some pretty impressive stats, hopefully it wouldn't impact on Wood's progress though.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2015/content/story/915959.html

Wood will not likely progress as he has degenerative knee issues. I spoke to him the other day and although he is fine for 1 day games the longer form at 1st team level is a long way off. Massive shame but the signing of Topley will be a great addition and a coup by the club.

We are still in talks with Fidel Edwards as well or were when I talked to Giles White a couple of weeks ago

Would be a great signing. I was actually concerned that if we went down would any players be looking to leave to enhance their England career ?(i.e. Vince) Not basing this on anything, but it seems more and more common for players in Div 2 to seek employment at Div 1 clubs.

Would be a great signing. I was actually concerned that if we went down would any players be looking to leave to enhance their England career ?(i.e. Vince) Not basing this on anything, but it seems more and more common for players in Div 2 to seek employment at Div 1 clubs.

I think that seems to be more to do with the bigger (i.e. Test-hosting) counties generally being in Division 1 these days, and therefore more able to pay the bigger salaries commanded by players on the fringes of the England setup but not quite good enough to get a central contract.

I think that seems to be more to do with the bigger (i.e. Test-hosting) counties generally being in Division 1 these days, and therefore more able to pay the bigger salaries commanded by players on the fringes of the England setup but not quite good enough to get a central contract.

Could be true. If i'm honest I'm surprised that we can offer big wages I just presume (and again this is just a gut feeling) that we are not in great financial position. Although we must have so many revenue streams by now (Hotels.....Gigs..I also believe we stage cricket matches) I could be wrong.

Could be true. If i'm honest I'm surprised that we can offer big wages I just presume (and again this is just a gut feeling) that we are not in great financial position. Although we must have so many revenue streams by now (Hotels.....Gigs..I also believe we stage cricket matches) I could be wrong.

We cannot pay big wages. We are on a tight budget. We lost money on the recent "gig" much to the clubs dismay. We took all the risk and Boys Own were paid no matter what the situation. We do have revenue streams but......

119 for 6, effectively 81 for 6. Definitely do not want their tail to wag as it looks like anything above 150 could be a tricky chase here! Durham's wicket never seems to be questioned despite games like this being a fairly regular event.

I came to post the same thing. I'll never forget the game at the Agesa bowl about 5 years ago when all three results were possible off the last ball of a four day game, it ended in a draw, and Hampshire got docked points for having a pitch that took too much spin!! I agree anything over 150 will be tough BTW.