Hampshire CCC - 2015 Season

Halo Stickman

Who is this lad Stevenson? Just seen he's 23 and been plucked from Devon in recent weeks, how come he's been thrown straight into the first XI? Seems to have done pretty well, mind you...

For once I'm genuinely ITK. Ryan moved from Totnes & Dartington to Torquay to play in the Devon League. After a handful of games where he wreaked havoc, Devon selected him for Minor Counties and Hampshire spotted him. Had a two week trial last month, was invited to stay and all of a sudden he's making his First Class debut!

Think he's been signed until the end of the season and they must rate him highly, expect him to get at least a one year deal in the autumn.

He's 6 foot 4 or 5 and certainly got it through here in S Devon although no speed guns to be certain! He's a very decent batsman as you've seen today, was rated as an all-rounder but probably an 8 in a first class order. He's known as a very good golfer and went to Uni out there to try and develop a pro career in that so this is his first real season trying out in cricket.

Real story and he's making a great start - good on him.

Great win. Also some talk of Hants signing Shane Watson perhaps for next season in some capacity.

Hants Championship record with Fidel Edwards must be miles better than without. Thats the value of wicket taking bowlers.

Indeed. He played in all of the three wins I think (and not many of the other matches).

Reports that he withdrew today with a hamstring problem. :(

Good win. Shame about his hamstring injury. I do not know how bad it is at the present but he is a big doubt for Somerset next Wednesday. Still we will have Tomlinson, Briggs and Crane available to us.

Tomlinson has been offered a lead bowling coaching role with Hampshire over the winter and is delighted. He has a year left on his contract but I can see him moving more to coaching with Topley coming in.

Nothing more on having Edwards next season. I suppose it depends on what division we are in for the clubs point of view

Rumour that Adams will not be playing next year. I was with his Dad for the early part of the England Australia game but the rumour came later so I did not get chance to ask him

Another rumour (Echo) doing the rounds is that Watson might be are overseas next year. Wait to see on that one but it might make sense. He is still a class player.

Another rumour (Echo) doing the rounds is that Watson might be are overseas next year. Wait to see on that one but it might make sense. He is still a class player.

At first-class level, yeah, I'd agree. Past it on the Test stage these days, but that works in our favour as his availability increases - I wonder if the Aussie selectors might do away with him in the ODI side over the next year or so as well, you wouldn't expect Watson to still be in the side come the next World Cup.

Might have to get some special small pads manufactured for him though :o

Yes I was there, Taunton is a homely and welcoming ground and we were allowed on the playing area to view the wicket and for kids to play with a tennis ball in the intervals (unlike Rose Bowl) but the Hampshire performance was lame and without heart or soul, what has happened to my county?

Yes I was there, Taunton is a homely and welcoming ground and we were allowed on the playing area to view the wicket and for kids to play with a tennis ball in the intervals (unlike Rose Bowl) but the Hampshire performance was lame and without heart or soul, what has happened to my county?

Any idea why Mason Crane only bowled 1 over? Was he injured?

Well done to Carberry who passed 1,000 championship runs for the season in this game and that without a century this season.

Well done to Edwards who took his 300th first class wicket in this game

Well done to Adams who got a big century, his first of the season

Shame we had such a disaster on the first day on a very flat wicket.

If only we could have put that second innings batting performance on in the first innings, the bonus points we could have got (and limited Somerset's bowling points) might prove to be the difference between staying up and going down.

I see the Yorkshire game is on TV this week... :uhoh:

We deserve to go down, and we will go down. Sorry to say that, I've followed them ever since the war and I've never felt the leadership on and off the field to be so weak. I wouldn't go buying in more players, i would examine our own structure and staffing.

I know what the answer would be from the management and coaching staff (media trained codswallop) but I do wonder what their aims and objects for the club really are. Do they really care about CC position and status or is it actually all about limited over c cricket? Honestly...

One hell of an effort in the last 15 overs or so, got to 400 with nearly 2 overs to spare!

Maximum batting bonus points, I think for the first time this season. Very timely as well considering Sussex also got maximum points - is there an argument for wanting a Sussex win in their game against Somerset so we've got one target in reach rather than two slightly further away going into the final game?

If Somerset were bowled out below 200 and lost, they'd be on 149 points, while 3 bowling points for us and a draw would leave us one point adrift of them. Not over yet, by any means...

One hell of an effort in the last 15 overs or so, got to 400 with nearly 2 overs to spare!

Maximum batting bonus points, I think for the first time this season. Very timely as well considering Sussex also got maximum points - is there an argument for wanting a Sussex win in their game against Somerset so we've got one target in reach rather than two slightly further away going into the final game?

If Somerset were bowled out below 200 and lost, they'd be on 149 points, while 3 bowling points for us and a draw would leave us one point adrift of them. Not over yet, by any means...

Somerset losing would be extremely handy, however they seem to be scoring quite freely and them losing isn't looking very likely.