U21s QF vs Watford

richard

Strange the Gazzaniga seems now to be employed as u21s goalkeeper. Must be weird for him at 23 with first team experience.

There's nowhere else for him to play for SFC. He's never first team material, but he does still have a contract extending to Summer 2016.. I think(?).

Even those first team games were only because Nigel Adkins didn't sign (someone like) Boruc from Match no.1 after our promotion. (failed with Butland offer (no great loss)..but got PG instead).:uhoh:

However, " young goalies " are very rare at this level, perhaps the one of the few exceptions being the Chelsea lad, (who had a great season in Spain ....before coming back to the Bridge).

.....they like to be called " assistant referees " these days. :rolleyes:

Dustmen like to be called Waste Disposal Operatives. The Rose Bowl ought to be called the Ageas Bowl. If we sold naming rights to St Mary's Stadium, I would still call it that. I never called it the Friends Provident Stadium. Like Richard, I prefer to call things what I have always called them.

There's nowhere else for him to play for SFC. He's never first team material, but he does still have a contract extending to Summer 2016.. I think(?).

Even those first team games were only because Nigel Adkins didn't sign (someone like) Boruc from Match no.1 after our promotion. (failed with Butland offer (no great loss)..but got PG instead).:uhoh:

However, " young goalies " are very rare at this level, perhaps the one of the few exceptions being the Chelsea lad, (who had a great season in Spain ....before coming back to the Bridge).

Just for info we have some very good young goalies coming through the academy now. u16's especially.

My impressions from last night:

1. Not many there bearing in mind v low admission cost

2. Much colder than the night before!!

3. Difficult to work out the identity of players without the benefit of a programme or named shirts

4. Both teams had players with potential and it will be interesting how some of them, who possess more refined skills, will progress when they mature

5. Djuricic was the stand out player

6. Jason Mccarthy is a natural leader

7. Gallagher obviously still a bit rusty and, rather worrying, had to come off with a knee problem which had to be ice packed

8. Decent game though