Saints' future success may be coming from.. the class of 95.....

david in sweden

whereas Man U used to boast about their Academy successes who graduated 1993 (or was it '92?) and included; Beckham, the Neville brothers, Scholes, Giggs, Butt (amongst others) these gave Ferguson the basis of his 20 years of success at Old Trafford, but now we see that most of the Saints' Academy group (born around 1995) have seemingly all come on line together and many of them have got longer contracts in the last 12 months. We may be looking forward to new signings, but here is part of the 50% ....which is planned to be the mainstay of our future squads.

The latest..(U21 captain Jason McCarthy) gave a very good impression in his interview after havíng signed an new contract until 2017. He joins Jordan Turnbull and Matt Targett who have both signed extensions in the last few weeks, and it's breathtaking to hear these lads saying..... I've known Matty, Prowsie or Harry Reed....since I was 7 (!) . Talk about a side ...."gelling" :proud:

A closer look at the list from back then is even more impressive, and the U21s are at the top end of their U21 Premier League and have lost only one of their last 11 games.

Despite having sold Shaw and Chambers from that era, the existing group also includes; Dominic Gape, Jake Hesketh, Lloyd Isgrove, and Ryan Seager who have already clocked up first team match minutes this season, whilst Ward-Prowse and Harrison Reed are now familiar names on the team sheet.

Whilst " the media" is still coming to terms with the past successes from Saints' Academy, we might well say ....." you 'aint seen nothing yet !

whereas Man U used to boast about their Academy successes who graduated 1993 (or was it '92?) and included; Beckham, the Neville brothers, Scholes, Giggs, Butt (amongst others) these gave Ferguson the basis of his 20 years of success at Old Trafford, but now we see that most of the Saints' Academy group (born around 1995) have seemingly all come on line together and many of them have got longer contracts in the last 12 months. We may be looking forward to new signings, but here is part of the 50% ....which is planned to be the mainstay of our future squads.

The latest..(U21 captain Jason McCarthy) gave a very good impression in his interview after havíng signed an new contract until 2017. He joins Jordan Turnbull and Matt Targett who have both signed extensions in the last few weeks, and it's breathtaking to hear these lads saying..... I've known Matty, Prowsie or Harry Reed....since I was 7 (!) . Talk about a side ...."gelling" :proud:

A closer look at the list from back then is even more impressive, and the U21s are at the top end of their U21 Premier League and have lost only one of their last 11 games.

Despite having sold Shaw and Chambers from that era, the existing group also includes; Dominic Gape, Jake Hesketh, Lloyd Isgrove, and Ryan Seager who have already clocked up first team match minutes this season, whilst Ward-Prowse and Harrison Reed are now familiar names on the team sheet.

Whilst " the media" is still coming to terms with the past successes from Saints' Academy, we might well say ....." you 'aint seen nothing yet !

I can't believe Giggs, Beckham and co. are only 3 years older than our crop.

I believe the name Class of '92 actually refers to the season they won the FA Youth Cup with a side containing Beckham, Butt, Giggs, G.Neville, P.Neville and Paul Scholes amongst others.

Scholes was not amongst the players that won the Youth Cup in 92, despite this he is considered part of the Class of 92 for some reason. They gloss over the fact that another member was Lily Savage (or was it robbie?)

I can't believe Giggs, Beckham and co. are only 3 years older than our crop.

they're not. Those MU players were Academy graduates and began playing in their first team after 1992 .......

.......most of our lads that I wrote about were born around 1995. Some of them graduated 2013-4 (JWP / Shaw amongst the first), but others have only just started to come into the side.