Scousers or Spurs?

shurlock

Tottenham by some distance, for the reasons given above plus Pochettino. Good coach though he is I disliked how he aligned himself with Cortese rather than the club, the way he left which turned out to be dishonest, his disingenuous comments about Southampton before the away fixture, his recent ridiculous comments about Koeman having a ready made team.

Tottingham without a doubt.

Lallana, Lovren, the biggest knob of a manager to ever grace the game, that stupid Sturridge celebration, the delusions of grandeour, the Kop, YNWA, the sob mentality.... Yeah, Liverpool.

Can't disagree with any of the above reasons for wanting to beat them, but the yids have managed to overtake them by some distance. Have had a loathing of spurs for some years (old Division 2 days,Rosthental, El Spiv as manager, rooking us over Ruddock at a tribunal,Hoddle, Bale, Forecast, 'Arry etc) but Poch has raised it to a new level. My son even said the other day that he prefers the skates to them.

Lallana, Lovren, the biggest knob of a manager to ever grace the game, that stupid Sturridge celebration, the delusions of grandeour, the Kop, YNWA, the sob mentality.... Yeah, Liverpool.

This. Plus the Hillsborough crap they inflict on the rest of the Premier League. There have been plenty of tragedies, why is theirs the only one thats highlighted.

Liverpool. Because if Lallana, Lovren and Rodgers but also...

Guildford/Southampton/Yeovil based Liverpool fans: just because you've won pretty much nothing in the last two decades doesn't not make you a glory hunter. You are. You still are.

Would just love it if we could rip a new ass in both of them :)

Unlike so many others who hope we only win one. And it's @rse not ass. Stop trying to fck up our language Yankee.

Oh Liverpool just for me. They are starting to get cocky and be extra sweet to do them on the main TV game with ten world watching.

Spurs I think. Liverpool fans are deluded idiots, but Spurs fans are deluded and smug. I also hate their chairman, and the way the club exploited our dire financial situation to do us out of the Bale sell-on clause years back. And then there's the manager …

This. Plus the Hillsborough crap they inflict on the rest of the Premier League. There have been plenty of tragedies, why is theirs the only one thats highlighted.

Utterly disgraceful comment.

The right thing to do is accept that it was worse than the Bradford City fire, the Munich air disaster, Heysel, 9/11, The Holocaust, the slave trade and both world wars put together.

Unlike so many others who hope we only win one. And it's @rse not ass. Stop trying to fck up our language Yankee.

Oh Liverpool just for me. They are starting to get cocky and be extra sweet to do them on the main TV game with ten world watching.

Canadian EH!?! Just stay in your little world :)

Liverpool. I am surprised this is even a topic for discussion.

Why?

Have no great love for scousers but don't feel we've been stitched by them. We sold Lovren and Lallana for very good money and they've largely disappointed. We typically do well against them and their fans, harking back to a golden age that's long gone, engender mirth more than anything. They have plenty of plastics, though push come to shove, they know their place and won't try their luck. On the whole, their fanbase has been very complimentary about the football we've played -indeed, Anfield is one of the few grounds I've been to where fans don't begrude a result.

Going to WHL is a completely different experience - their essexboy support is mouthy, fickle and pigs**t ignorant (I had a cabbie moaning to me the other week how Arsenal always scored at the death). They've nicked results against us in recent years, despite us playing the better football. Add the crass opportunism of Levy who thought it would be clever to put in a lowball offer for Schneiderlin, hoping to exploit the summer turmoil -and above all, a manager who led us up the garden path for months, even though recent interviews would lead you to believe that our current position is all down to him. And yeh I would say it is a topic for discussion.

Edited by shurlock

I'd rather we beat Liverpool based on their general scouseness, not really bothered about Spurs any more other than making sure we finish above them, but I'd really rather we beat both...

...hopefully they'll both stay in the Europa League for a good while yet, without actually winning anything.

Going to WHL is a completely different experience - their support is mouthy, fickle and pigs**t ignorant, as close to the Talkshîte demographic as you'll find. We've lost to goals at the death in recent years, despite playing the better football. Add the crass opportunism of Levy who thought it would be clever to put in a lowball offer for Schneiderlin, hoping to exploit the summer turmoil -and above all, a manager who led us up the garden path for months, even though recent interviews would lead you believe that our current position is all down to him. I would say it is a topic for discussion.

That is all true. I hate Spurs.

I believe Saints have never finished higher in the league standings than Liverpool, would be nice to put that right in the season when a few of our key players joined them in acrimonious circumstances.

However, after last year's heroics, this season has been somewhat disappointing for Liverpool, even if they put on a good run and finish in the top 4. As much as I don't like them, Lovren's spectacular fall from grace has been highlight - any success they now seem to be enjoying is coming in spite of him rather than because of him.

Therefore I have to go with Spurs. I felt bitter about Pochettino's departure, but trying to look at it objectively, he did do a good job with us, and we've gone on to improve further. A bit like getting dumped by a girl only to meet someone new who you prefer anyway - you're never going to overly happy to see pictures of her new boyfriend, but as long as you can look back with good memories, that's the important thing... Unfortunately though, Pochettino has been extremely smug of late, particularly his disparaging comments about our current success. Whereas Liverpool finishing fourth would not be an improvement for the scouse defectors, 4th for MP would be a huge success, and I cannot bear to witness such smugness and revelry at Spurs.

Don't even get me started on their efforts to prise away Morgan for £10m. If Tottenham try to sign him we should just offer him to Arsenal for less money just to spite them.

The Harry Kane 'he's one of our own chant' irritates me just as must as their theft of 'oh when the...' Some teams have been producing many of the best young players in the country for years and don't feel the need for something similar. But Rodgers, Lovren and AL swing it to self-pity city for me.

I keep changing my mind on this every day. I can't decide, I want to win both games so much! Particularly as I had gloating friends over the summer from both clubs. So it's turned into a question of who of my friends would I like to Lord it over the most. Which means a win against Spurs and Pochettino.

But we can win both, c'mon Saints!!