Lallana reception?

robbie1717

Fair enough give him a bit of stick when he has the ball (if he plays, this might be all academic as he might find out he has a strained wallet or something and can't play) but we should be cheering on our players more than getting on his back - we want a positive atmosphere in the ground not a negative one. If booing him gets him all nervous so he ****s up his game I'm all for it, I'd do it to Lambert if it means he doesn't score, it's all about winning the game.

You're a rude and ignorant piece of work aren't you..typical keyboard warrior. Wouldn't have the balls to say that to me in person.

Dude I am sorry to cross the line. No insult to your wife intended. Neither am I a keyboard warrior, not that smart or interested.

Just have know idea why you would want an opposition player to score at SMS. Don't understand in the slightest.

I would have said that face to face as I don't tend to talk/drivel on here any differently to normal life.

Adam Blackmore @bigadamsport

My interview with #LFC and former #saintsfc star Adam Lallana on coming back to St Mary's on BBC website & @BBCRadioSolent in the morning

Trying to diffuse the situation no doubt and say how much he loves everything Southampton, bricking it probably.

Trying to diffuse the situation no doubt and say how much he loves everything Southampton, bricking it probably.

I'm happy to hear him out.

I would quite like to like him and see him do well, esp for England. If he is more circumspect and understands where he went wrong then good.

He certainly deserves some agro because he was causing allsorts of schit at the end of the season and then seemed to think Saints should let him leave at any price. Reed rightly ignored all his crying and got the best deal when they decided and not his agent. Booing him and calling him a 'southampton reject' is exactly what he deserves.

Adam Blackmore @bigadamsport

My interview with #LFC and former #saintsfc star Adam Lallana on coming back to St Mary's on BBC website & @BBCRadioSolent in the morning

"Loved my time there, fans were always amazing to me. Great to see them doing so well. I had to move as I wanted to play CL football. Saints will always be in my heart" and all the other clichéd lines people bring out when they leave a club and come back to play against them.

The difference is Adam acted like a spoilt brat and threw his toys out the pram when he couldn't get his own way. I am more then happy to read what he has to say, doesn't mean I will believe any of it.

"Loved my time there, fans were always amazing to me. Great to see them doing so well. I had to move as I wanted to play CL football. Saints will always be in my heart" and all the other clichéd lines people bring out when they leave a club and come back to play against them.

The difference is Adam acted like a spoilt brat and threw his toys out the pram when he couldn't get his own way. I am more then happy to read what he has to say, doesn't mean I will believe any of it.

Christ I thought you had heard the interview before it was released. That's virtually word for word what I expect to hear him say. Blackmore would have done better talking to Rickie to be honest.

This. It will be cliched ******** that nobody will believe, and the fact that they've got Adam Blackmore (a big defender of his last summer) to do it tells you all you need to know. Doubt a single serious question about his behaviour was put to him

Dude I am sorry to cross the line. No insult to your wife intended. Neither am I a keyboard warrior, not that smart or interested.

Just have know idea why you would want an opposition player to score at SMS. Don't understand in the slightest.

I would have said that face to face as I don't tend to talk/drivel on here any differently to normal life.

Fair enough. If that's an apology, then it's accepted.

As for being pleased to see the other team score against saints - I guess I just appreciate good (and exciting) football. Would you rather see Saints win 1-0 or 3-2?

At least we agree that Lovren and Lallana should be given plenty of stick :)

"I'm not stupid enough to think the way I left didn't leave a sour taste in a few people's mouths,"

"The way I left I regret, I regret bits and pieces of how it happened and it got nasty. It was sad the way it happened.

"Not for one second did I say I wouldn't play for the club again. I'm man enough to say it was my choice and my decision for me to move on."

"Deep down I hope Saints fans appreciate the times we had at the club together," he said.

"Football is a fickle game - if I do get the jeers and the boos I'm just going to take it as them missing me playing down there because I miss Southampton.

"I miss the fans and I miss the good times we had down there. Of course I do."

And he's still a ****end I see.

No doubt he'll get the boos and jeers and worse, but we should chuck in "we're just too good for you" as well, especially if we're winning and preferably after Wanyama has knocked him on his backside for the 3rd or 4th time.

Doesn't sound like he's settled in Liverpool very well at all in that beeb article :lol:

He's probably thinking that his chances of Champions League Football next year are fading and wishes he stayed put. I hope he has a torrid time on his return. No one is bigger than the club and unfortunately for Adam he was beginning to believe his own hype. Good riddence that's what I think.

Audio: https://audioboom.com/boos/2909849-listen-liverpool-s-adam-lallana-reveals-his-thoughts-to-bigadamsport-about-his-impending-return-to-st-mary-s-lfc-saintsfc

Blackmore: "What kind of reception do you think you'll get?"

Lallana: "I'm not on social media and don't read a lot of the press......"

Then, a few seconds later....

Blackmore: "Do you regret the way you left?"

Lallana: "I regret bits and pieces of how it happened.....but to this day I've read so much false stuff in the media off the back of when I left. It was sad the way it happened in the end"

An interesting contradiction perhaps? Does he read much press/media or not....?

Edited by trousers

Audio: https://audioboom.com/boos/2909849-listen-liverpool-s-adam-lallana-reveals-his-thoughts-to-bigadamsport-about-his-impending-return-to-st-mary-s-lfc-saintsfc

Blackmore: "What kind of reception do you think you'll get?"

Lallana: "I'm not on social media and don't read a lot of the press......"

Then, a few seconds later....

Blackmore: "Do you regret the way you left?"

Lallana: "I regret bits of pieces of how it happened.....but to this day I've read so much false stuff in the media off the back of when I left. It was sad the way it happened in the end"

An interesting contradiction perhaps? Does he read much press/media or not....?

He can't read or write and has never sent a text either, just like Arry.

I'm happy to hear him out.

I would quite like to like him and see him do well, esp for England. If he is more circumspect and understands where he went wrong then good.

I'm not sure he believes he did wrong. He jumped ship and left us in the lurch. Ok so far we have come out well but we could have been well and truly in the mire now if it hadn't been for Koeman

I may be in a minority here but I did appreciate the years he was with us and especially during our return from obscurity. I can`t just lightly dismiss the 12 years he gave us and, yes I know, he did very well out of us during that time. However, I agree that the manner of his departure was disappointing and his attitude at the time distasteful. As these conflicting sentiments have a degree of balance to them, I will view his return to SMS with almost total indifference. We march on.

Its all panto, give him hell. I'm sure he won't be crying himself to sleep on Sunday night...

He doesn't strike me as someone who will particularly enjoy any agro he gets. Although there is a cautionary tale in when David Nugent came to St Mary's a few seasons ago (Championship Season IIRC) whne we gave him a load of stick and he absolutely revelled in it...

I'm not sure he believes he did wrong. He jumped ship and left us in the lurch. Ok so far we have come out well but we could have been well and truly in the mire now if it hadn't been for Koeman

Let's be honest, if we hadn't done as well as we are doing now it won't have been Lallana's fault would it? Players leave for other clubs and we accept it and move on, it's just the way he engineered a move and lied is what irks people, not leaving us in the lurch.

Sometimes we go about things the wrong way. He is human and he needs to be loved, just like everybody else does. (Smiths)

I don't think he owes Southampton anything. He made us a lot of money.

At the same time I don't think we owe him anything.

Just treat him like any other player visiting St Mary's.

We don't need to find ways of making players, play better against us.

"Football is a fickle game - if I do get the jeers and the boos I'm just going to take it as them missing me playing down there because I miss Southampton.

he's admitted he left like a ***t so why would he take the boos as us missing him, idiot.

decent interview on blackmore's part anyway at least he didn't pander around the issues

predictable answers though

Having listened to it, I haven't really changed my mind on him.

The two interesting bits that I'd like to know a little more about (but obviously we'll never get the whole story) are how he left and what it was that he regrets, and also I find it interesting that the club didn't give him any reassurances about what they would be doing in the future (not that I think it would have made much difference to his decision).

Like I said, give him hell, don't feel bad about it. Lets see how he reacts, perhaps it'll affect his performance (hopefully for the worse)...

All in all, I think the biggest shame is that all he had to do was stay with Saints and he'd have been concidered a legend until the day he died. I suppose it depends where you point your ambitions. It would seem your average footballers aspirations are somewhat different from your average fans...

Let's not forget this:

Having watched Liverpool from afar and seeing the success Liverpool had last season, how much does that excite you to be part of it going forward?

Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started.

'You're not dreaming anymore' would be good if we were winning.

he's admitted he left like a ***t so why would he take the boos as us missing him, idiot.

Its a strategy to deal with something he won't like. Its nothing to do with arrogance. Having a strategy in mind to deal with it also indicates he really isn't an idiot. Hopefully the boos etc will not last long, it would be better to ignore him.

I don't have a problem with what of most he's said there but too much water under the bridge one suspects. Can see him being a pantomime villain for a few seasons and then it gets resolved when he finishes his career. I don't like what he's become at all but would rather support OUR players during the game although if Lovren features you can revise that!

Someone also made a fair point about Nugent - booing affects some players negatively but spurs others on, that was probably the goal he's scored in his career.

Sometimes we go about things the wrong way. He is human and he needs to be loved, just like everybody else does. (Smiths)

Having now had How Soon Is Now floathing round my head, the lunchtime challange was to rewrite it a bit....I struggled with the last two lines, you have to squeeze it in a bit too much, so suggestions welcome.....

You were the son

and the heir

of a team that would flourish under Koeman

You were the son and heir

and now, you're nothing in particular

You shut your mouth

thrown it away

You go about things the wrong way

We've got Koeman and a European Bus

you've got Dejan, head stuck up in his ar$e