Lallana reception?

robbie1717

Anyone who thinks that Adam will receive abuse because he decided he wanted to leave totally misunderstands the situation.

Yup, it's not about leaving, it's about sneakily manipulating the situation whilst trying to portray yourself as the good guy and basically outright lying once you'd decided to go, with a plan in place for your personal gain at the expense of the club.

Lambert has the excuse that Liverpool was his home town club, and we were looking at moving him on anyway. Lovren was as bad as Lallana and the hairdresser faux pas proved how long in advance he'd decided to go. Shaw was fine, if anything he was exceeding expectations, he didn't make anyone any promises, there was always the idea he was going to leave and we got a lot of money for potential that may not be realised. Chambers was similar, taking an opportunity to get himself to a regular CL team when it looked like the club was falling apart and without the calculated longer planned exit of Lovren.

Maybe not better but certainly no worse either. Tadic has more assists but less goals the Lallana. Lambert and Pelle are pretty much clones of each other (though one has better hair).

I rate Tadic and I've suggested he could help us break down sides that defend deep by being given more freedom to play in and around Pelle, notwithstanding his current drop in form. But Lallana offers more than Tadic in moving teams around. He moves the ball quicker and crucially can switch play in an instant because he is strong off both sides, both in passing and moving. Saints have struggled to do both of these things against the bus parkers.

Lambert has more to his game than Pelle. Lambert can be the target man like Pelle but he he has more mobility, he passes the ball generally with perfect weight and timing and there are the penalties and free kicks.

Imagine if we still had both Lambert and Lallana with the pace we now have available in the squad.

Lovren - ignoring his poor form for Liverpool, it was quickly apparent that Alderweireld is an upgrade.

Can't wait to give that little ***** lallana everything he deserves, plus he's the type of player that has no stomach for it so i'm pretty sure if we get on him as we should he'll buckle under the pressure which will help us win too.

Also i'd like to think the players that are with us now might take note that us 'Ampshire folks have a long memory and if you fu.ck us over we don't forget.

Where did the les reed phone call crop up from? Les wouldn't have brought that out in the public domain and i very much doubt adam would have either....sounds a little bit wishy washy to me:?

Our resident in the know forum football expert Crab Lungs basically spent three months openly weeping about Lallana not getting his phone calls returned all summer, working himself up into to a frenzy of fury over how despicable it all was.

The rest of normal humanity could see exactly what was going on, but poor old Crabster swallowed it whole.

The BBC (or was it the Telegraph?) piece describing how AL "flipped like a burger" summed the whole thing up rather nicely.

Our resident in the know forum football expert Crab Lungs basically spent three months openly weeping about Lallana not getting his phone calls returned all summer, working himself up into to a frenzy of fury over how despicable it all was.

The rest of normal humanity could see exactly what was going on, but poor old Crabster swallowed it whole.

The BBC (or was it the Telegraph?) piece describing how AL "flipped like a burger" summed the whole thing up rather nicely.

haveyouseen.png

If I feel strongly enough about it, I'll just turn my back on him.

The worst thing we can do is make an atmosphere that takes away from the game and the point of that game - getting three points. I personally refuse to let him get in the way of what could be one of the best ever seasons to be a Southampton fan.

We've done it before and not learnt from it - Redknapp has twice been in town and we've given him stick and lost one, scraped a win in the other. Don't make the game about people we don't like. Make it about the team of today trying to get a Champions League place.

From start to finish deserves nothing less than total abuse.

Players come and players go. However for someone like him to behave the way he did when the club stood by him through issues such as his heart op etc it deserved to br treated better.

What I hope is that in the build up the media don't talk about him leaving in a positive way. It has to be mentioned he went on strike and forced a move.

I don't think any player has left this club under such undignified and questionable circumstances, both in terms of what he said and did. Deserves to be roundly booed in my opinion. Lovren I would ignore, Lambert I would cheer.

Has the way that Kenwyne Jones departed been air-brushed from history then? I seem to recall a lot of ill feeling being generated when he threatened to go on strike to get his move and the subsequent bile he received was very well deserved. Was Lallana's behaviour worse, or is it that it is far more recent and therefore memories of the bad blood with K J following his disgusting behaviour have faded with the passage of time?

Has the way that Kenwyne Jones departed been air-brushed from history then? I seem to recall a lot of ill feeling being generated when he threatened to go on strike to get his move and the subsequent bile he received was very well deserved. Was Lallana's behaviour worse, or is it that it is far more recent and therefore memories of the bad blood with K J following his disgusting behaviour have faded with the passage of time?

It's worse for a few reasons, claimed to love the club, was the captain, hadn't long signed a new contract on undoubtably massive wages etc.

You do struggle with accurate comparisons don't you Les?

Adam Lallana's eight year stint covers coming through the ranks and seeing the club fall to its lowest low and then surge to great heights again. And a little matter of 235 appearances across three divisions of highs and lows. Team captain, one of our own and a massively significant player in the post-Prem-relegation era.

Kenwyne Jones played for us for a bit under George Burley. But, sure, every one of those 19 legendary goals he scored will live long in the hearts of every Saints fan. We'd have probably named a lounge or a stand after him if he didn't strop off on strike to go to Sunderland, such was his monumental import.

Anyone who thinks that Adam will receive abuse because he decided he wanted to leave totally misunderstands the situation.

No mate, it's just that the vast amount of good he did for us far outweighs his allegedly disappointing actions last summer. Epitomised a brilliant time to be a Saints fan - talent and hard work. There'll be applause from me

No mate, it's just that the vast amount of good he did for us far outweighs his allegedly disappointing actions last summer. Epitomised a brilliant time to be a Saints fan - talent and hard work. There'll be applause from me

Nothing alleged about it. Thankfully you will be in the minority and he will receive dogs abuse.

If you're that keen on giving him stick before the game, then I suggest a drink in the Harbour Lights bar might be the order of the day, as when I lived in Ocean Village the Liverpool team would regularly park up there and take a stroll around the far side of the marina. Might be a bit cold so a boo and a hiss from inside where it's nice and warm would be my limit!!

PS I'll be giving him the John Bailey treatment in the ground

Edited by um pahars

He fucked off and left

He thought he was right

Adam Lallana

Made Liverpool shite

:thumbup:

Or:

Badge kisser but left,

Mark Clattenburg's right,

Adam Lallana,

He changed overnight.

But yeah... Bang up for giving him abuse, though I'd rather spend the majority of my energy roaring Saints on.

I wasn't over-impressed with his demeanour when he left but I think some of the reactions on this thread are way over the top. Yes - he left - but we got a decent wedge for him which has, on the whole, been well spent. So my position is indifference. I won't be abusing him but neither will I be applauding him. In fact I would prefer it if he did not play because I don't want to be bothered with him.

You do struggle with accurate comparisons don't you Les?

Adam Lallana's eight year stint covers coming through the ranks and seeing the club fall to its lowest low and then surge to great heights again. And a little matter of 235 appearances across three divisions of highs and lows. Team captain, one of our own and a massively significant player in the post-Prem-relegation era.

Kenwyne Jones played for us for a bit under George Burley. But, sure, every one of those 19 legendary goals he scored will live long in the hearts of every Saints fan. We'd have probably named a lounge or a stand after him if he didn't strop off on strike to go to Sunderland, such was his monumental import.

Fly, I realise that unless you are taking the medication, you can only see one side of the argument but the counter-argument is the one that the rat Lallana would use himself, is that he had served us well through thick and thin and deserved to see out his ambition to play on the biggest stage, Europe. Undoubtedly Lallana is the bigger loss, but then the point made by FF, was about the way that the departure happened, rather than the player's background. As far as I can recall, Kenwyne Jones was the very first Southampton player to actually threaten to go on strike, whereas I don't think Lallana ever actually used those words, and mumbled something about not wishing to play for us again.

He's a rat and deserves every piece of abuse he gets. Epitome of modern football players saying one thing and doing another, supposed to be our Captain and our leader but let us down in the middle of a shocking summer when we needed him to install some stability in the club he was Captain of. We aren't a bad club, the people that manage the clucb and work there are decent people. The silence when he left with no word of thanks for this time at Saints from a 12 year old said it all, he had clearly burned his bridges in the worst possible way. That patronising Echo ad' almost sent me over the edge actually!

Would happily contribute to a banner saying "£A££ANA - MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU LOVE".

Unfortunately this is very true......

Sorry, you are really saying that Lovern is better than Toby? All the evidence at Liverpool this season has shown that Lovern was really not very good, without Fonte, Morgan and VW he has been shown up as out of his depth (he was often shown up last season by Jose as well, especilly in second half of season). As for Lallana, well we have replaced, at times Tadic has looked as good, but not since end of last year.

Lambert, still a legend

Lallana, meh

Lovren, complete and utter c**t

Exactly my thoughts.

Lambert will get a great reception, no doubt about it.

Lallana - I guess he's going to get a fair bit of stick. On balance, I suppose it's justified, but he did a great job for us for many years and I just wish he'd had the foresight to stay put and be a true legend.

Lovren - I hope he gets absolutely slaughtered by the Saints fans. The way he behaved was a disgrace, and the fact he has been absolute toilet for Liverpool is all he deserves. Serves the t*** right!

Does Lallana still have his house down here? Wonder if he might come down with his missus instead of with the team and stay there. Would be an opportunity to kidnap him and hold him till the end of the game and deliver him to St Mary's in a barrel of sewage or horse dung.:)

Does Lallana still have his house down here? Wonder if he might come down with his missus instead of with the team and stay there. Would be an opportunity to kidnap him and hold him till the end of the game and deliver him to St Mary's in a barrel of sewage or horse dung.:)

Unfortunately ISIS have set the bar rather high in terms of what they're willing to do as publicity stunts, so everything else seems somewhat tame by comparison. If we go ahead with this perhaps we should include an image of a deity as that seems the necessary prerequisite for maximum offence?

I think at little red light has started blinking at the GCHQ internet monitoring division..........

Sorry, you are really saying that Lovern is better than Toby? All the evidence at Liverpool this season has shown that Lovern was really not very good, without Fonte, Morgan and VW he has been shown up as out of his depth (he was often shown up last season by Jose as well, especilly in second half of season). As for Lallana, well we have replaced, at times Tadic has looked as good, but not since end of last year.

I don't think he is. He's replying to my post about Lallana and Lambert, not Lovren. Aldereiweld is clearly a better player than Lovren.

If booing Lallana helps create a an atmosphere then I'm all for it!

I'd rather we played in an arena of passion than in a theatre of silence..... anything that gets the crowd going has to be a good.

Also when has TV allowed a viewer to clearly listen to the chanting, normally it's just noise. So it won't be cringe worthy as most folks will not have clue what we're chanting.

In some respects it might be a good idea to ignor him as if he is not there by giving him stick it might inflate his ego but by ignoring him might deflate his ego a bit.

He's expecting a decent reception (he said so in an interview a couple of months back) and just some "good natured banter". His ego won't be inflated, him getting a load of proper abuse will knock him for six.