Lallana reception?

robbie1717

From an thread earlier this season... based on a quote from an anon source from inside the club who said he "flipped like a burger" when he heard Liverpool were interested...

He flips to the left, he flips to the right

Adam Lallana

Makes McDonalds look sh*te

A

Many of you lot sound just like bitter ex-girlfriends who can't get over being dumped. Some other 'contributions' go beyond that and are perfectly vile.

I too wish Adam hadn't gone and yes he might have handled this matter better. But sooner or later a mature man really should reach a stage in life where there's nothing left in the game of football that could possibly make him hate another Human Being to this ridiculous degree.

Now feel free to heap some of this excess bile so many of you seem to be suffering from onto me for daring to disagree with you lot - I doubt I'll even bother to read it and I'm certainly not going to engage in another pointless argument with people who are clearly incapable of thinking rationally on this bizarrely emotive subject.

So if I understand you correctly you are criticising others for having a point of view different to your own and challenging them to have a go at you for having a different point of view to them. But it doesn't matter because you won't come back and read them. Just as a matter of interest - why did you bother posting that, or even reading the thread in order to make your point. The whole idea of a forum is to have different views. It would be pretty boring if everyone agreed with first post submitted.

By the way, lallana behaved like a world class ****** when he left. Notwithstanding, he is a very talented player who is unlikely to be affected by any abuse he gets. But if it makes people feel better, what the hell..... .....go for it.

Many of you lot sound just like bitter ex-girlfriends who can't get over being dumped. Some other 'contributions' go beyond that and are perfectly vile.

I too wish Adam hadn't gone and yes he might have handled this matter better. But sooner or later a mature man really should reach a stage in life where there's nothing left in the game of football that could possibly make him hate another Human Being to this ridiculous degree.

Now feel free to heap some of this excess bile so many of you seem to be suffering from onto me for daring to disagree with you lot - I doubt I'll even bother to read it and I'm certainly not going to engage in another pointless argument with people who are clearly incapable of thinking rationally on this bizarrely emotive subject.

good post hes gone and i thank him for his part of playing his part of our rise back to the premier league from league one ,unfortunely some of the sad cases fans need to move on as well from hate ,and get positive and roar us to win against liverpool rather than the negative mindset they seem to have.

The hate for Lallana is sad. I can understand it (in a way) but the guy was a MAJOR part in dragging us from League 1 into the Premier league top 8. I have always liked him and Lambert. Both club legends. Lallana still holds saints very much in his heart (as much as that annoys some of you lot). He watched our 1-0 win at United with his mates in the same boozer that my brother and his missus were watching the game in. They all cheered our goal.

The hate for Lallana is sad. I can understand it (in a way) but the guy was a MAJOR part in dragging us from League 1 into the Premier league top 8. I have always liked him and Lambert. Both club legends. Lallana still holds saints very much in his heart (as much as that annoys some of you lot). He watched our 1-0 win at United with his mates in the same boozer that my brother and his missus were watching the game in. They all cheered our goal.

Which it was why it was perfectly easy for him to leave the club to go to Liverpool with his head held high and the blessing and goodwill of the fanbase.

The fact he managed to co ck that up so spectacularly really is sad. But co ck it up he did.

Well bully for them - nothing to do with it being against Man U of course. The guy has more faces than a dodecahedron.

good post hes gone and i thank him for his part of playing his part of our rise back to the premier league from league one ,unfortunely some of the sad cases fans need to move on as well from hate ,and get positive and roar us to win against liverpool rather than the negative mindset they seem to have.

Agreed. Thankful for how much he contributed, disappointed that he left and the manner of it, still got very fond memories of his time here. He's rolled the dice and hoping he can be part of a great new era at Liverpool who could conceivably win the league at some point (plenty would have to change but they've come close twice relatively recently), rather than stay and cement a hero status here. I know what I'd rather he'd done but I do get it. The way in which he left is obviously another matter and he probably isn't proud of it but it just doesn't justify the personal hatred on display from some. My 'Lallana 20' shirt will still get a runout on occasion.

Did he cheer our victory against Man Utd because he still harbours some love for us, or because he is now a Liverpool player and they loathe United?

Hate is probably too strong a word to describe the feeling that many have for Lallana. Despise or loathe are probably closer. Those feelings are hardly anything to do with the fact that he left, but all to do with the way that he went about it.

So if I understand you correctly you are criticising others for having a point of view different to your own and challenging them to have a go at you for having a different point of view to them. But it doesn't matter because you won't come back and read them. Just as a matter of interest - why did you bother posting that, or even reading the thread in order to make your point. The whole idea of a forum is to have different views. It would be pretty boring if everyone agreed with first post submitted.

By the way, lallana behaved like a world class ****** when he left. Notwithstanding, he is a very talented player who is unlikely to be affected by any abuse he gets. But if it makes people feel better, what the hell..... .....go for it.

Well you'll be pleased to see I have changed my mind and returned to this thread. The reason I was initially reluctant to do so was because I've had precisely the same debate before, with the very same people in some cases, and the prospects for anything very new or interesting emerging from what we might call 'the Lallana haters' seemed slight indeed - a prediction that has been proved to be all too accurate alas.

But enough of me let's talk about you. To get to my post you (and others) will I assume have read the earlier post (#34) calling for Adam to have his legs broken on the pitch at St Marys at the next game. What a interesting insight it is into your personality Sir that you let that disgraceful post pass without comment, but saw fit to criticise me for daring to express my exasperation at the way this thread was going. So you tell me shipmate which is it - do you share in that opinion or are you just indifferent to it?

Now I assume he author of post 34 to be some foolish youth who hasn't got the brains he was born with, but I must express now how very disappointing it is that people I respect on here haven't bothered to disassociate themselves from the more extreme element who consider that a badly handled transfer is now apparently grounds to see a decent young man - a young father who has served this club well for many years - physically harmed.

There are opinions, there are strong opinions, and then there is going too far. What a pity it is that so many on here don't know where those lines are drawn.

He stood at nearly 6 ft 3

Rickie Rickie

He left us for his childhood team

Rickie Rickie

He wore the shirt of Matt le Tiss

He won our hearts and didn't take the ****

Adam lallana though is a self interested **** who deserves feaces thrown at him

Last line doesn't scan as well as I'd like

The test I apply to someone like Lallana (after his departure) which is entirely "values driven", is would you like someone like him as a mate to have a couple of ales with or discuss the ways of the world. Lambert, yes; Fox, yes, Guly, yes, Jos, yes. Our former Captain......NO THANKS.

Well you'll be pleased to see I have changed my mind and returned to this thread. The reason I was initially reluctant to do so was because I've had precisely the same debate before, with the very same people in some cases, and the prospects for anything very new or interesting emerging from what we might call 'the Lallana haters' seemed slight indeed - a prediction that has been proved to be all too accurate alas.

But enough of me let's talk about you. To get to my post you (and others) will I assume have read the earlier post (#34) calling for Adam to have his legs broken on the pitch at St Marys at the next game. What a interesting insight it is into your personality Sir that you let that disgraceful post pass without comment, but saw fit to criticise me for daring to express my exasperation at the way this thread was going. So you tell me shipmate which is it - do you share in that opinion or are you just indifferent to it?

Now I assume he author of post 34 to be some foolish youth who hasn't got the brains he was born with, but I must express now how very disappointing it is that people I respect on here haven't bothered to disassociate themselves from the more extreme element who consider that a badly handled transfer is now apparently grounds to see a decent young man - a young father who has served this club well for many years - physically harmed.

There are opinions, there are strong opinions, and then there is going too far. What a pity it is that so many on here don't know where those lines are drawn.

:lol: it's a forum mate. If someone breaks his legs deliberately in the real world then I'll join your condemnation. Until then you need to chill out a bit.

He's a bit of a precious flower which makes me think that a bit of grief would affect him but at the same time I think that he has a bit of an ego too which could thrive on that sort of reception and the thought of him giving some back in celebration is incredibly annoying. Would rather we get behind the lads at this stage - if we're winning comfortably and in no danger of throwing the game away then I would be tempted to have some fun.

WOW aren't you just the precious one..........a right Charlie :)

BTW thank you for assuming I'm a youth just shows that you know sweet FA. LOL

I'm still annoyed at the way he left, but pleased to hear he's still cheering on the Saints :)

Isn't his wife and half his mates Saints fans?

A Lovren OG, a Gerrard penalty miss (because, even though he did miss his first ever one with them...lol...Lambert should be on the pitch and taking them), A Lallana dive and a booking, plus goals for Tadic, Pelle and Alderweireld to make it 4-0 would be great, thanks.

Oh, stuff it. 4-1 with Rickie scoring a 93rd minute consolation. Now THAT would be perfect :)

Lallana makes two bookable offences for diving and so is sent off, and on the long walk off the pitch, Saints fans starting to unanimously applaud him until Lallana starts to applaud them back. At that point, everyone stops clapping, and lets rip with all the vile abuse they can muster. Lallana walks off crying.

That'd do.

That would be funny as . :)

Isn't it time to lock this petty divisive thread...it's just an inconsequential footnote in this incredible season and makes everyone who whines at the other look equally small.

Lighten up. Part of of the fun of football is giving dogs abuse to ****tish opposition players etc. Even more so when they are rat faced traitors.

Close this thread and give Lallana a good reception? Next you'll be saying we should shake the hand of Harry Redknapp if we happen to bump into him, and thank him for a job well done at Saints.

Lighten up. Part of of the fun of football is giving dogs abuse to ****tish opposition players etc. Even more so when they are rat faced traitors.

Close this thread and give Lallana a good reception? Next you'll be saying we should shake the hand of Harry Redknapp if we happen to bump into him, and thank him for a job well done at Saints.

I couldn't be lighter.:)

Im with you on this one- nobodys perfect and he may have said a few things out of context but to stick with us through relegation when he could have jumped ship in my eyes deserves some respect. He still has southampton in his blood and i really don't think he deserves the stick that i know he will receive on Sunday. I for one will NOT be jeering Lallana, Dejan on the other hand spent a season with us before deciding that his head was at Liverpool due to the money he was offered, I'm not going to tar Adam with same brush that Dejan fully deserves....

I'm still annoyed at his choice to go and play 2nd fiddle at Liverpool over being the main man in this new upwardly mobile Saints.

Don't think he's ever going to be played to his best effect in Rodgers team as he's down the pecking order.

I guess it's part of modern football i've got to learn to get used to, there won't be another Le Tissier.

Personally i think Saints should just blank him. Not sure i see the point or value in jeering him, on making anti-Lallana chants.

The biggest insult we can land is through support of the current Saints, ensuring Saints finish above Liverpool.

Leave it to the mods to sort out. No need to get all worked up over one post.

What, Liverpool cheering when Man Utd's opponents score? Who would have thought that!!!?

Personally, never think it worthwhile motivation the opposition, so giving him a whole lot of **** might be counter-productive.