Post-Match Reaction: SAINTS 0-2 Liverpool

Saint-Armstrong

Poor referee but the only papers over the cracks. A brilliant goal and a dreadful one, we were okay until we got near the penalty area then it all went to pieces. JWP doesn't deserve his place at the moment, Pelle lacking confidence and frustrated, we didn't do enough and very annoyed at the way the players threw the towel in the last 10.

Targett sadly isn't good enough at the moment, feel a bit for him slipping for the 2nd goal. First goal was class - no keeper in the world would have stopped that.

we just look so abject going forward, 3 home league games without scoring, not enough support coming from midfield.

New guy looked decent, as did Clyne.

Anyone who genuinely believes we can make the CL needs to see a doctor.

Given where we were in the middle of the transfer window, not recruiting another central striking option was either cavalier or foolhardy, either way I think it's going to haunt us for the rest of this season. Players looked tired today, and towards the end disinterested, and it does feel rather like last year when we started to tail off. That's three games now where the earlier incarnation of this side would have wiped the floor with them. Koeman needs to ring the changes...

Hope the 'Liverpool coaches' back to Torquay, Dover, Cardiff, Oxford etc all explode. Bunch of glory supporting c#nts the lot of them.

To any scousers who actually traveled down from Lpool on the train then here's to you enjoying many a replacement bus service on your trip home.

Coutinho and the referee won them the match.

Why on earth did Mane not start?

Forster isn't as bad as people make out.

We're not scoring any goals because we don't shoot and our set pieces are abysmal

The over-reliance on Pelle/no plan B has cost us a Champions League spot.

Our formation isn't working.

Djuricic looks good but we needed a poacher.

They didn't defend well because they didn't need to defend well to win that match.

We were appalling and Koeman has a lot to answer for with that shocking team selection.

Agreed, I was really puzzled by the decision to play Davis deep and JWP forward, when neither have done that much in those positions. Mane on the bench was baffling. If Morgan wasn't fit enough for the whole game, Reed is by far and away his best replacement.

Pelle had yet another poor game.

I think if anybody decides we should replace Koeman / have a real issue with him (and I suspect it's top trolling), that they should buy some videos of old Saints teams under Poortvelt, Wigley, Stuart Gray and dare I say it, Branfoot...

Our final 3rd play was poor - no confidence to shoot. At the back we were ok again with the exception of the 2nd. Shooting practice all week I think.

Hope the 'Liverpool coaches' back to Torquay, Dover, Cardiff, Oxford etc all explode. Bunch of glory supporting c#nts the lot of them.

To any scousers who actually traveled down from Lpool on the train then here's to you enjoying many a replacement bus service on your trip home.

What at a shame you have a Lemon stuck in your mouth. We were poor, nothing to do with their (or our) fans.

I think we've pretty much f'd our entire good work this season these last 4 games... Should have had at least 9 if not 12 points, with the games we've had... Instead we've been lucky to get 3 and scored once and looked poor.

Doubt we'll get into Europe. All the regular contenders are stepping it up when it matters and we're flapping around.

The ref not giving the penalty early on was a major factor.As with the Swansea game if we had got our noses in front they would have had to play differently.

Targett needs to have a look at his studs, the Chelsea game he slipped and nearly cost us and again today at a vital time.

The two centre backs haven't put a single foot wrong and we've lost 2-0. We've played worse this year and won (QPR, Hull, Swansea)

This...always fear the worst when I see Yoshida in the starting XI but didn't do anything wrong today....unfortunately, the referee had a massive influence on the game today. You simply cant get that many big decisions wrong at this level. That said, we were slow and predictable in the final third and that's why we're not scoring. All fart and no **** again....

Unspeakable refereeing in the first half, but a brilliant goal which allowed Liverpool to play a back five and an inexperienced youngster slipping on a greasy pitch, doesn't hide the fact that we cannot score a goal against a packed defence. Pity that at the end it sounded like a Liverpool home game though.

I use the phrase "unspeakable refereeing" advisedly as my real thoughts might be libellous, even though the truth is a defence!

Making the Champions League looks unlikely and realistically we aren't ready anyway.

The two centre backs haven't put a single foot wrong and we've lost 2-0. We've played worse this year and won (QPR, Hull, Swansea)

Thought Fonte and especially Yoshida had excellent games today - we didn't defend badly aside for a few errors for their second goal. Just toothless up front atm, so defending well doesn't count for much if you can't go up the other end and score.

Bit of a non-event really, as per the last 2 home games.

Ref was a nightmare, but that 2nd half was dead from us. Totally and utterly dead.

We had no idea, no innovation, no imagination. Zilch.

In that first half Liverpool were there for the taking. They had a winger as a left wing back, clearly out of his depth there, and we did not test him near on enough. We didn't make the most of the disjointed start Liverpool made, and their subs improved them, whereas ours just did the same as the ones they replaced.

You just expect more from the home team in an attacking sense. We just do not look like working the GK, let alone scoring. Really frustrating, lots of thinking to do for Koeman. We seem to have totally lost our way.

I think if anybody decides we should replace Koeman / have a real issue with him (and I suspect it's top trolling), that they should buy some videos of old Saints teams under Poortvelt, Wigley, Stuart Gray and dare I say it, Branfoot...

Our final 3rd play was poor - no confidence to shoot. At the back we were ok again with the exception of the 2nd. Shooting practice all week I think.

Who on Earth has said we should replace Koeman. The man is a superb manager. Doesn't mean that he will never make mistakes though.