What is Forsters shot to save ratio?

OldNick

Wonder what it is in the last 4 games? I can't recall him making a save in that time. Liverpool had 2 today and scored both, Swansea had pretty much just the Shelvey goal. Neither QPR or West Ham got more than about 10 yards into our half.

Not saying he should have saved them all (the second today wasn't great) but it kills morale to have all the possession without looking like scoring and then concede practically any time the opposition shoots.

I remain unconvinced about Forster.

Sure, Coutinho's shot was a cracker but it was in as soon as he decided to go for it with the wrong (low) hand.

Could he have saved it with the high hand? Possibly, but that was his only chance.

i didn't notice which hand he went with but

He's living proof that white men can't jump. He barely got off the floor for that first goal which was a cracking shot of course but other prem keepers would have got closer. Pelle is also proof by the way. I'm 8" shorter and I reckon I'd do him in the air.

He's living proof that white men can't jump. He barely got off the floor for that first goal which was a cracking shot of course but other prem keepers would have got closer. Pelle is also proof by the way. I'm 8" shorter and I reckon I'd do him in the air.

Is your name Bret ? :)

lets be honest he doesn't offer anything that boruc didn't offer other than a better temperament, his clearances and decision making are shocking and overall he isn't a good shot stopper not been impressed so far but he will get better!

lets be honest he doesn't offer anything that boruc didn't offer other than a better temperament, his clearances and decision making are shocking and overall he isn't a good shot stopper not been impressed so far but he will get better!

I guess you haven't seen Boruc's howler yesterday?

FFS, surely nobody is blaming Forster for losing today?

I guess you haven't seen Boruc's howler yesterday?

FFS, surely nobody is blaming Forster for losing today?

not at fault for us losing but should have done better with the 2nd goal and his keeping doesnt inspire me with confidence in general

Forster is a strange one.

As someone who sh*t himself every time the ball was played back to Paul Jones, but had full confidence in Flowers, Beasant, Shilts etc and worshipped Niemmi, I'm afraid Forster troubles me.

But the England keeper coach works with him on a daily basis and he seems highly rated in media terms.

Maybe we just watch him too often !

not at fault for us losing but should have done better with the 2nd goal and his keeping doesnt inspire me with confidence in general

He doesn't inspire confidence full stop.. decision-making poor, slow to get down to shots, stands too close to his line and looks half asleep between the sticks. Thank god we have a superb defensive unit with Fonte orchestrating everything.

We need to bring in another top quality goalkeeper for next season to put him under pressure - then we might see Forster step up a level.

He doesn't inspire confidence full stop.. decision-making poor, slow to get down to shots, stands too close to his line and looks half asleep between the sticks. Thank god we have a superb defensive unit with Fonte orchestrating everything.

We need to bring in another top quality goalkeeper for next season to put him under pressure - then we might see Forster step up a level.

agreed cant see them getting anyone else though as we paid over 10 million and hes been told hes no 1

does not inspire confidence?

we have one of the best defences in the whole f-ing country

christ

Keepers need competition, they shouldn't be allowed to get too comfortable.

Mignolet and Hart getting dropped for a few matches in recent seasons seem to have had a positive effect on both of them.

We desperately need a decent backup keeper to push Forster.

Keepers need competition, they shouldn't be allowed to get too comfortable.

Mignolet and Hart getting dropped for a few matches in recent seasons seem to have had a positive effect on both of them.

We desperately need a decent backup keeper to push Forster.

good point.

You have to assume we will bring in another half decent keeper during the summer

Doubt it is that good, but still infinitely better than Gazzanigas.

Silly reply, Gazzanigga has not conceded a goal in the Premier League this season, nor has Kelvin for that matter. Fact of the matter is that Forster is not great at saves, but has a lot less shots to save than many other keepers. He did make 2 saves today, later on in the game, though neither were what could be termed moderately difficult. Still we are not allowed to criticise, he is after all the best keeper in the PL.

Silly reply, Gazzanigga has not conceded a goal in the Premier League this season, nor has Kelvin for that matter. Fact of the matter is that Forster is not great at saves, but has a lot less shots to save than many other keepers. He did make 2 saves today, later on in the game, though neither were what could be termed moderately difficult. Still we are not allowed to criticise, he is after all the best keeper in the PL.

I'd take ospina or vorm at this stage, Fraser stats are built on the defence rather than him being a wall. If they get it on target they've got a good chance of a goal

The 2nd should have been saved

Second deflected off Fonte's knee whilst going through his legs, in the wet. Though Forster got a hand to it which some keepers might say meant he should keep it out... No-one other than a defensive midfielder was stopping the first one.

I'd say having his top hand in line with the crossbar is "getting off the ground", he did unfortunately get there a fraction of a second after the ball.

His technique was wrong on the 1st. Looked like he barely tried to save it. Most keepers wouldn't save it but it would be nice to see him give 100% effort on it and actually dive and use the better-reaching hand.

2nd goal you'd expect a keeper to save more often than not. He got a good hand to hit but was under the ball. The ball was well inside the post.

The shots to save ratio flatters him because of how many shots come from outside the box. Lovren was part of an amazing backline last season, those around him made him look better than he is. Same deal with Forster imo.

His technique was wrong on the 1st. Looked like he barely tried to save it. Most keepers wouldn't save it but it would be nice to see him give 100% effort on it and actually dive and use the better-reaching hand.

2nd goal you'd expect a keeper to save more often than not. He got a good hand to hit but was under the ball. The ball was well inside the post.

The shots to save ratio flatters him because of how many shots come from outside the box. Lovren was part of an amazing backline last season, those around him made him look better than he is. Same deal with Forster imo.

The only keeper who would have saved that is one who was woefully out of position in the first place.

i am staggered that people can suggest that he could do more/anything at all about what is one of the best strikes we have seen at SMS this season.

So what colour was **** Fosbury, the guy who revolutionised high-jumping and whose style is still used today? I thought he was white.

I don't know what people expect from Forster, do they expect him to be the best keeper in the world or sumink?

I would say he is the 4th or 5th best keeper in the league. That's good enough for me.

I just find it laughable that many find any reason to knock him, to talk about incorrect technique etc or apportion any blame for the first is plain daft. It was an incredible strike that he did well to get anywhere near !

The second, yes he may have done better, he got a hand to it, but Im not expecting much from a shot that took a deflection and was obscured by nearly 3 players.

If you really wanted to point fingers then Davis failed to close Coutinho for the first (like he failed to close Shelvey) and Morgans poor pass and Targetts panic caused the second.

At the game I was sat right behind forster and in line with the first shot. I thought he was slow to react it and saw it coming even before he hit it... but no it is just a worldy.

The second one is clearly deflected making a tough save. Despite that he tracks the ball and almost gets it. You can't praise him for the QPR reflex save and then moan at him for the second goal yesterday. He does his best in both cases... sometimes that is good enough, other times it isn't.

We didn't lose yesterday because of Forster. We did not score from open play and we created only half chances. The current system, with Pelle off form, is not working. Koeman needs to sort it out. Likewise we didn't lose because of the ref. although he certainly gave the game to liverpool for my money and should probably be investigated. Should have been 2 pens and 2 red cards but meh.

I just find it laughable that many find any reason to knock him, to talk about incorrect technique etc or apportion any blame for the first is plain daft. It was an incredible strike that he did well to get anywhere near !

The second, yes he may have done better, he got a hand to it, but Im not expecting much from a shot that took a deflection and was obscured by nearly 3 players.

If you really wanted to point fingers then Davis failed to close Coutinho for the first (like he failed to close Shelvey) and Morgans poor pass and Targetts panic caused the second.

There has to be a scapegoat though SS, there has to be.

I don't know what people expect from Forster, do they expect him to be the best keeper in the world or sumink?

I would say he is the 4th or 5th best keeper in the league. That's good enough for me.

I'd place Lloris, de Gea, Cech, Courtois, Begovic, and Hart ahead of him. So 7th, for me.

Iam not against him and prefer hm to many but there are many things to his game that really need addressing. In my opinion he doesnt read the game and yesterday he is still in the 6 yard box when through balls were coming into the area.I was watching it on the box and thought the keeper will be there in a second and waited until he eventuaslly did com and collect the ball.He does not sweep like you expect the modern keeper.

Anyway i dont blame him for yesterdays result but do feel his stats are good because the defence is doing so well

We've conceded 18 goals this year, that would not have been possible if Fraser is as **** as some on here are suggesting.

You can analyse every, single, goal if you want. I'm sure Lloris wouldn't be too happy with the goals he's let in in recent weeks, but it's clear he's still a good keeper. It's clear Forster is still a good keeper as well, you don't get to this stage with only 18 goals conceded with a **** GK between the sticks. Fact.

We're just over-analysing something which doesn't even need to be analysed. And will some people please get out of Boruc's arse? He wasn't that good.