Nathaniel Clyne Joins Liverpool - Official

Saint Garrett

You walked in here with a massive smile on your face. You said when you got the initial call up to England your mum cried. What was her reaction when you told her you were coming to Liverpool?
christ they really are up themselves aren't they.

That seems to be the worse part of that sentence, acting as if liverpool are in someway greater than England

I'm guessing it is chronological order rather than anything more sinister; although if you were to ask Saints fans they would prioritise Saints over England. As for Clyne going, not sure we have ever really warmed to him as much as others. He is a model professional and that includes his tactics for running his contract down, as he is entitled to do. Lets hope Cedric is as good, if not better!

I have been released from School Detention and have written a thousand lines re my previous and inappropriate comments about Liverpool

I think this is a fantastic opportunity for Nathan Clyne and wish him all the success with one of the finest clubs in the World. He is truly a gifted world class play who will ensure Liverpool reach the glory they richly deserve,

They have a fabulous manager in Mr Brendan Rodgers who is a class above his peer group.

I wish you had been our manager . You are such an inspirational and tactically aware soccer manager.

I hope you remain loyal to Liverpool FC for the remainder of your working life

That seems to be the worse part of that sentence, acting as if liverpool are in someway greater than England

It also happens to be the order in which events unfolded.

It's a daft question because his rise hasn't been meteoric. He was a good performer in Championship for several years and a good performer in the Premier League for two years before the national call-up and serious interest from big clubs.

Clyne: "Rodgers told me he can do one-on-ones with me if it helps and do individual training sessions. I'm looking forward to it."

CI07xa0WwAECKP-.jpg:large

Ah getting one on one sessions from the great former footballer Brendan Rogers! Much better than being coached by that nobody Ronald Koeman

Good signing for Liverpool for the money there.

F*ck Clyne and all those who "wish him well" now he's gone he's the opposition, simple as that and any success for him may be at our expense.

Hope that tough run of away games at the start of the season costs Rogers his job and a continued lack of form of all ex-saints within his squad.

Shame we didn't buy Trippier from Burnley, I liked what I saw of him last season.

:lol: Yeah definitely (x16)

Is that a media training thing? Because I swear just about everyone I see interviewed says that.

Clyne took it to an extra level of definitelyness!

I watched Jay Rod's interview a few minutes ago and he manages to avoid it :thumbup:

Goodbye Nat, you were a professional, you never pretended to be anything other than a paid footballer so good on you. Hope Rogers teaches you the same skills in one-on-ones as he taught Lovren. Looking forward to watching Mane run rings around you.

Good player, served us well, good transfer fee, moved to a far bigger club for far more money, we've signed a replacement BEFORE he left...Not much to see here IMO.

Not how much profit we made out of Clyne? And out of Liverhampton again?

Don't begrudge Clyne a move for more money but what gets me is that during his Liverpool interview he is asked about how he feels coming to a big club. What? Only finished one place above us in the table. Not a massive leap in standard of football I say. The level of arrogance at Liverpool is amazing. Living on their not so recent achievements. Also said that Lallana was tapping him up in the US where they met on Holiday. It's funny but don't feel anywhere like the same about our players who have gone to Arsenal. Is that because they at least show us some respect. AW often comments on our Club structure in a positive way. Good on him.

Don't begrudge Clyne a move for more money but what gets me is that during his Liverpool interview he is asked about how he feels coming to a big club. What? Only finished one place above us in the table. Not a massive leap in standard of football I say. The level of arrogance at Liverpool is amazing. Living on their not so recent achievements. Also said that Lallana was tapping him up in the US where they met on Holiday. It's funny but don't feel anywhere like the same about our players who have gone to Arsenal. Is that because they at least show us some respect. AW often comments on our Club structure in a positive way. Good on him.

what did you expect him to say? they are a miles bigger than us. Fonte said we were a big club when he DROPPED a league to come to saints

Don't begrudge Clyne a move for more money but what gets me is that during his Liverpool interview he is asked about how he feels coming to a big club. What? Only finished one place above us in the table. Not a massive leap in standard of football I say. The level of arrogance at Liverpool is amazing. Living on their not so recent achievements. Also said that Lallana was tapping him up in the US where they met on Holiday.

Is finishing second place last year not a recent enough achievement then?

Get over it, Clyne has taken a step up to a far, far bigger club.

Can't really say a bad word about him obviously I'd of felt better him going elsewhere (except spurs) , I'll just mark him down as another lured away by the bright lights of "Club England"!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/451281/Liverpool-Adam-Lallana-persuaded-Nathaniel-Clyne-switch-Southampton

"He said the team is good and a good bunch of lads. He told me I'd be made to feel welcome if I joined.

"Knowing a few of the players at the club is good. I can join in with the lads and I reckon I'll settle down easily."

A little strange that he can't make his own mind up about where he works, yet has to have reassurances from Lallana. Maybe it was reported wrong but he comes across as being somewhat naive.

So were Blackburn and Leeds not that long ago.

Over the last 20 years. If that's your timescale then Liverpool have finished second several times, been in the CL final twice, winning it once and have been in multiple domestic cup finals winning several.

So whats your point?

Over the last 20 years. If that's your timescale then Liverpool have finished second several times, been in the CL final twice, winning it once and have been in multiple domestic cup finals winning several.

So whats your point?

These other clubs have had their day and have been replaced by others. Maybe this will happen to Liverpool?

Let's not turn this into another big club debate.

Thank you Clyne for the past three years when we never had to worry about the RB spot whenever he was fit. Won't wish him well since he's no longer our player.

So.. Liverpool have now signed a third of our starting line up two seasons ago. Who's next? Unfortunately for them, Boruc chose bmouth!

These other clubs have had their day and have been replaced by others. Maybe this will happen to Liverpool?

Liverpool "having their day" seems to involve finishing in second place like last year, or sixth place and two domestic semis and being in the Champions League in the season just gone.

If we achieved any one of those things it would virtually open top bus time.

Let's face it....

Lallana says Liverpool is great and that Clyne should join = people getting over excited (and let's face it, Clyne knows exactly what Liverpool is like and also what £90k per week will look like in his bank account)

Fonte says Saints are great and Cedric should join = people not getting over excited.

Totally agree. Clubs have to earn the right to be called big. Man City we could argue are much bigger than Liverpool and not so long ago they were also languishing in the First Division if you remember. Just making the point that history is not a criteria for being called a big club. You are only as big as your recent results. Athletico Madrid were also in the Spanish 2nd tier and now we would consider them as a big club based on their most recent achievements. That's all I am saying. I get fed up with people brandishing the term "We are a big club" around.

Totally agree. Clubs have to earn the right to be called big. Man City we could argue are much bigger than Liverpool and not so long ago they were also languishing in the First Division if you remember. Just making the point that history is not a criteria for being called a big club. You are only as big as your recent results. Athletico Madrid were also in the Spanish 2nd tier and now we would consider them as a big club based on their most recent achievements. That's all I am saying. I get fed up with people brandishing the term "We are a big club" around.

History is the only thing that makes you a big club to be fair - lots of money doesn't and you can't be called big on the basis of what might happen in the future either.

I think it's fairly clear which clubs are and are not big. The main issue is that people confuse big with good. Or in Liverpool's case, big with relevant.

Liverpool are a big club - huge in fact. But they are also irrelevant domestically and in Europe. Big and irrelevant.

Atletico Madrid have won the Spanish League 10 times, coming first or second at least once pretty much every single decade since the war. Plus cups, plus European success.

The idea that they are some tiny club who have recently only just been successful is yet another Saints forum myth.

Unfortunately, CB Fry is on my ignore list so I only have the repeats of his posts by others to be aware of his contributions. The original CB Fry was a genuine sporting legend who, over a century ago, chose Southampton as the professional club to play for; sadly, the imitation, in talking up a northern club does little service to the original.