Former Norwich City player Craig Fleming to join the coaching staff

Saint-Armstrong

.as coach for the U18's ? ...and what about Anthony Limbrick, then ?

Limbrick is well regarded as a coach but the concern is that he's not a football man and is not best placed to help the youngsters make the transition to young pros. Dodd's influence on the youngsters has been missed and Fleming will fill a void.

Which begs the question...why did we sack Jason Dodd?

I've never asked but sadly loose lips never seem to extend to the true reasons behind sackings.

My guess, and it's only a guess based on snippets, is that it was due to coaching ability. The club have been concerned about a lack of talent in the 16-18 group (a throwback to a lack of investment in the administration era) and I suspect that the club felt that a better coach was needed to get the best out of that group. Limbrick is well rated in that respect

It'll be interesting to see where Fleming fits in with Limbrick and Hunter.

I was asking about Limbrick's lineage...does anyone know ?

I must have missed that when he joined. What is his background?....his accent sounds Aussie to me ....or ?

Limbrick joined Saints in 2010 and is from...

[video=youtube;2PuKM-oZxLk]

He had already worked with a lot of the Saints players as he was lead coach for the 13 to 16 years olds.

Edited by Matthew Le God

:scared: Yorkshire born and bred.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Fleming

Only worrying thing in Wiki is the last line:

"Fleming is currently studying for his UEFA A Licence."[/quote

......thanks Vectis, but I was asking about Limbrick's lineage...does anyone know ?

In that case, yes he's from Tassie, Riverside High School (Launceston) according to LinkedIn. Holds UEFA A Licence

• 3 years later...

Club promoting from within on the cheap. imo he didnt do that much for u18's has been supporting radhi in u21 yet has now been moved up to work with seniors alongside "Token". Ralph has been forced to accept these two as assistants instead of being allowed to bring in his own personal. Exactly what has Davis done since being giving a made up job to keep him around that merits his rise to first team?

Club promoting from within on the cheap. imo he didnt do that much for u18's has been supporting radhi in u21 yet has now been moved up to work with seniors alongside "Token". Ralph has been forced to accept these two as assistants instead of being allowed to bring in his own personal. Exactly what has Davis done since being giving a made up job to keep him around that merits his rise to first team?

Oh crikey. Thought things were going well

Told there was serious surprise at this promotion. Davis chose Fleming ahead of Radhi for the first team and nobody knew why apparently. He has a rep as a bit of a bully, long ball into the channels as well, so maybe as long as stays away from tactics, the stronger than necessary approach will work at first team level.

Told there was serious surprise at this promotion. Davis chose Fleming ahead of Radhi for the first team and nobody knew why apparently. He has a rep as a bit of a bully, long ball into the channels as well, so maybe as long as stays away from tactics, the stronger than necessary approach will work at first team level.

What was the view on Butterfield?

U18 results really picked up after he joined.

Ralph doesn't seem like anybody's fool so I'm sure he will let the board know soon enough if he is really unhappy about any of his coaching staff. I would be more concerned if the club hadn't allowed him to bring in Danny Rohl as assistant manager.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ralph doesn't seem like anybody's fool so I'm sure he will let the board know soon enough if he is really unhappy about any of his coaching staff. I would be more concerned if the club hadn't allowed him to bring in Danny Rohl as assistant manager.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He only asked for DR. As for the other two - it’s up to them. Do as I ask or do one - simple really.

Oh s*** we are down guys :(

We probably have spent a lot of coaching staff/manager severance pay recently so its a little understandable.

Maybe its only temporary till the end of the season, if Ralph keeps us up then come the summer other coaches might be out of contract etc. and easier to approach.

Plus its very clear he is a hands on training ground manager, plus has the guy he brought in so really anyone else is just running drills he is setting up and instructing.