SAINTS v Palace - Build Up

Batman

they are on fire at the min and gave west ham a lesson on their own patch earlier.

they have immense pace and trickery out wide and very good on the counter

I would go with.....

Forster

Clyne

Fonte

Toby

Bertrand

Morgan

Vic

Davis

Mane

Long

Djuricic

Pelle needs dropping now. he is basically a passenger is games

Edited by Batman

they are on fire at the min and gave west ham a lesson on their own patch earlier.

they have immense pace and trickery out wide and very good on the country

I would go with.....

Forster

Clyne

Fonte

Toby

Bertrand

Morgan

Vic

Davis

Mane

Long

Djuricic

Pelle needs dropping now. he is basically a passenger is games

Whats good on the country..lol:lol:

--------------------Forster--------------------

Clyne---Fonte-----Toby-----Bertrand

------------Morgan---Wanyama-------

----------------------Davis---------------------

Tadic-------------------------------------Mane

----------------------Long-------------------------

Not a Long fan but Pelle needs taking out. Elia not doing enough to start and would consider Djuricic over Tadic potentially.

Murray being sent off for them may be the lucky break we need. They will be missing Campbell, Sanogo , Chamakh and Murray upfront and Mutch limped off so hopefully their resources will be stretched upfront with Ameobi and Gayle their only striker options now.

Sometimes good fortune like this affecting the opposition could derail them and get us back on track. Can they win 6 on the trot away from home we couldn't!! Lets hope karma is on our side plus it is March so our luck will now hopefully change now we are out of dodgy February(clutching at straws!!)

Seems a bit ironic with all this talk about Pelle to score goals which is don't get me wrong is justified but we are still conceeding the sloppy goals to lose games at the other end now to me our bad form coincides with Toby's injury layoff, i'm not saying Yoshida was that bad when he played but Toby is the real deal at the back with Jose Fonte and I just feel the team has more confidence when he plays..... just hope to god if he does start Vs Palace he doesn't crock himself again and is out for another long spell

What happened to Owen Gole? He was our top scorer?

He joined Norwich on loan, then Millwall. :-)

I think we'll pick it up against Palace. We're almost second favourites for this game based on recent form and Palace won't sit back, they'll come at us. Which will suit us.

I can see 3 points for Saints. Weirdly confident.

West Ham had 2 lightweights up front today and Palace just sat deep and countered, and they weren't bothered at all until Valencia his a belter from 20 yards ( no one on our books looks capable of doing that ).

If we put Long in for Pelle they will do the same to us. I think Filip should start as we need someone to run at the 9 men that they will have in their Penalty box. Pace won't be an option , as they defend so deep that there is no space to run into.

I have very low expectations about this match and will go fearing the worst. Can we even manage a goal? I would certainly bring Reed back as he brings energy and passion - things we are currently lacking. As several reports said today we are too slow and dozy at the moment.

Surely we won't concede against them?

They're missing Sanogo, Campbell, Chamakh and Murray, and could also be without Jedinak....(Is there any chance he'll get a retrospective ban?)

Likely to play either Gayle or Ameobi up top.

On another note, how do they have 6 strikers, yet we have 2?

I somehow feel that 1-1 or 2-2 would leave people feeling less worried.

It would be nice to score. Sometimes, you just need to get an early goal to open up the floodgates. I am convinced Pelle needs a rest and the squad needs a confidence boost.

RK should instruct Long to 'run at their defence'. We continue to waste players by trying to pass the ball into the net.Palace are not the finished article yet so have a few weaknesses. Ours is our shooting boots.

PS. Why don't we leave someone in the centre circle for all corners? We had the opportunity three times yesterday to run at them from the half way mark but had to chase like madmen to get near their defence.

I'd prefer JWP to Tadic. He is like Pelle, sooner or later the dam will break and he will start scoring goals

I really don't know where JWP fits into the team. He isn't creative enough to be a no. 10 and isn't strong enough to be a holding midfielder.

For Tuesday I'd drop Gardos, Tadic, Pelle and bring in Toby, Long and Djuricic.

I'd also give Pelle a start in the next U21's match so he can bag a goal or two.

Will Jedinak be missing for them?

Surely he'll get a ban for that elbow yesterday?

Don't the FA have to charge him? Then he pleads guilty or not guilty? All gonna take time so he'll be available for the game at ours.

Unless he is charged on Monday, pleads guilty immediately and they hand out a 3 game ban immediately, I can't see how he can be banned by Tuesday. (Craig David song in my head now. "I was charged on Monday, got banned by Tuesday ....) :)

Shameful elbow. Winning the game easily. Just bullying. No need for that.

I really don't know where JWP fits into the team. He isn't creative enough to be a no. 10 and isn't strong enough to be a holding midfielder.

For Tuesday I'd drop Gardos, Tadic, Pelle and bring in Toby, Long and Djuricic.

I'd also give Pelle a start in the next U21's match so he can bag a goal or two.

Yeah, agree with ALL that. Djuricic looks lively. Long needs a run of games.

Yeah, agree with ALL that. Djuricic looks lively. Long needs a run of games.

Does Long need a run of games? I don't think he will ever be more than an impact sub for us really.

As we havent seen him for a while I fear people have forgotten how awful his first touch is and how bad he is in possession.

He runs and works hard, is useful at certain times but would only be a nailed on starter for lower half PL teams, which is pretty much what he has always played in.

Four year contract FFS!