SAINTS v Palace - Build Up

Batman

Would go with:

---------------------Forster-------------------------

---------Fonte------ Toby-------- Yoshida-------------

Clyne----JWP-----Wanyama----Schinderlin---Bertrand

--------------Long------------Mane--------------------

-----------------------Pelle------------------------------

Clyne / Bertrand as wing backs to counter Palace on the flanks. Would drop Pelle but who else can play up top?

Would go with:

Clyne / Bertrand as wing backs to counter Palace on the flanks. Would drop Pelle but who else can play up top?

We might do well with 12!

Would go with:

Just drop Pelle so you have 11.

Seriously though. no more 3-5-2. Clyne and Bertrand are going to go forward regardless. having a third CB just takes away a player we could use up front.

--------------------- Forster-----------------------

Clyne---------Fonte--------Toby--------Bertrand

----------Wanyama---------Scheinderlin--------

----------------------Djuricic-----------------------

----------Elia---------Pelle---------Mane----------

They should give Pelle a rest and play a different formation to break the pattern.
this might work. :D Southampton 9 - 0 CP

-----------------------------Forster--------------------------------

-----------------------Fonte--------Toby--------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Clyne-Elia-Wanyama-Djuricic-Long-Scheiderlin-Mane-Bertrand

this might work. :D Southampton 9 - 0 CP

-----------------------------Forster--------------------------------

-----------------------Fonte--------Toby--------------------------

Clyne-Elia-Wanyama-Djuricic-Long-Scheiderlin-Mane-Bertrand

Bit too defensive for my liking.

It's hard to think who else could anchor the team at centre forward bar Pelle, but do we actually need someone to do that? We'd have to adapt our tactics a little, but I think we have the players to play a slightly different way, with more focus on player movement up top. Mane and Long could interchange playing through the middle and playing wide.

Have been so pumped up for so many games this season but this one feels a bit flat. Hopefully will be like Everton game where expected little and we did brilliantly. Palace win 9/2 seems over generous though

Just drop Pelle so you have 11.

Seriously though. no more 3-5-2. Clyne and Bertrand are going to go forward regardless. having a third CB just takes away a player we could use up front.

--------------------- Forster-----------------------

Clyne---------Fonte--------Toby--------Bertrand

----------Wanyama---------Scheinderlin--------

----------------------Djuricic-----------------------

----------Elia---------Pelle---------Mane----------

I'd change the top 3.

Drop Pelle, insert Long. Pelle on the bench until 65th minute (at least).

Pelle's confidence is shot, he's half a yard off the pace. Got to be rested and eased back in.

I'd change the top 3.

Drop Pelle, insert Long. Pelle on the bench until 65th minute (at least).

Pelle's confidence is shot, he's half a yard off the pace. Got to be rested and eased back in.

Agree with this, but if you are starting the 3 players who will run and defences, you need someone on the pitch who can deliver a decent dead ball for when they get fouled. JWP is the best we have (which isn't saying much on recent form), so who do you drop from the Middle for him?

Agree with this, but if you are starting the 3 players who will run and defences, you need someone on the pitch who can deliver a decent dead ball for when they get fouled. JWP is the best we have (which isn't saying much on recent form), so who do you drop from the Middle for him?

One positive thing to come out of the WBA game through my eyes was the decent dead ball delivery from corners and free kicks, courtesy of Morgan mainly with help from Tadic/Davis. I would be disappointed if JWP was recalled because the rest of his game just isn't up to scratch.

Morgan will do. JWP's set piece ability is a bit overhyped IMO.

We've got block 43 so Palace haven't got the full allocation then. Looking like a p*ss poor attendance tonight. Awful considering we're 6th. No idea what's happened to our support this season, been the worst I've known it.

We've got block 43 so Palace haven't got the full allocation then. Looking like a p*ss poor attendance tonight. Awful considering we're 6th. No idea what's happened to our support this season, been the worst I've known it.

i was just thinking the same mate, block 43 was put on sale weeks ago but virtually completely unsold, as it blocks 1,2 and 3 of the Itchen North, tons of empty seats. Looks like the fans have quickly turned their backs just when the side actually need their support.

it is easy to go along and cheer when winning every week - this is when real support actually counts and unfortunately our fanbase it short in that respect. Used to love the good old night game battles at the Dell when you felt the Archers actually gave the players a lift, and as much as i don't like Palace's ultras got to say they have a real impact at Selhurst park.

i reckon crowd of about 27-28k tonight.

One positive thing to come out of the WBA game through my eyes was the decent dead ball delivery from corners and free kicks, courtesy of Morgan mainly with help from Tadic/Davis. I would be disappointed if JWP was recalled because the rest of his game just isn't up to scratch.

Morgan will do. JWP's set piece ability is a bit overhyped IMO.

Have to say I didn't see any of the West Brom game so happy to bow to this. If MS can do then fair enough.

Haven't the last 9 previous home games been a sell out? Surely it's been the best season in years for attendances.

Confirmed that he's not appealing

does that rule him out for tonight? all helps - apparently they are missing quite a few forwards with Murray being suspended as well as Chamakh / Sanogo being injured, our record against Palace seems to be fairly good over the years so fingers crossed this game will be a turning point to get some more points on the board.

get behind the lads tonight.

Be nice to see us come out before the game and practice shooting - we never seem to do that, but the opposition always do at the Northam.

And you never see the lads shooting at the goal in the training videos; at the end of the day its all about smacking the ball in the net, practice makes perfect.

If I remember Rickie Lambert always warmed up with target practice...

"Mile Jedinak has until 6pm today to appeal the FA charge he was handed yesterday, if he doesn't he will miss the next four games, starting tonight"

I don't see why whether or not Jedinak is playing matters so much

He's their captain, one of their best players, a goal threat and he is their main defensive shield in front of their defence.

Can only be regarded as good news from a Saints perspective and should hopefully increase our chances of winning.

He's their captain, one of their best players, a goal threat and he is their main defensive shield in front of their defence.

Can only be regarded as good news from a Saints perspective and should hopefully increase our chances of winning.

Just like it did in the cup game.

Source?

(other than the previous posts on this thread) ;)

Thanks chaps, although maybe I should have added a 'tongue-in-cheek' emoticon to the winky man one to make it more obvious that it was a rhetorical question ;)

Edited by trousers