SAINTS v Palace - Build Up

Batman

We were doing well when we didn't make changes every game, got for what worked at the start of the season:

Foster

Clyne

Fonte

Toby

Bertrand

Morgan

Wanyama

Davies or JWP

Mane

Pelle

Tadic or Long

Yes, I think we have absorbed too many changes at once, nothing beats a settled team. Of course, we did have a rush of injuries to contend with.

We were doing well when we didn't make changes every game, got for what worked at the start of the season:

Foster

Clyne

Fonte

Toby

Bertrand

Morgan

Wanyama

Davies or JWP

Mane

Pelle

Tadic or Long

I'd play that, with Davis over JWP and Long over Tadic. Have Mane and Long playing close to Pelle to give him some support - hopefully he can bag a goal.

If we do play Pelle and I am sure RK will,the CAM needs to be close to him,same goes for Mane and Elia out wide,we can't lump the ball up to him all the time when nobody is within 20yds of him,he gets the **** kicked out of him every week by defenders and with no support from the others its little wonder he looks a broken man

Another draw or loss to contend with I reckon. They are a decent side now with good attacking options. We on the other hand can't score a goal, largely because the front line has not been coached properly - too many free spirits and not enough drilled discipline is my take on things. I so want us to score and win this game...it's been a very long time since we last had to endure 'the losing habit' - it's not nice.

Don't worry Guys and Gals, I have been away for the last 5 weeks so have not been at any of the dismal matches but I'm back for tomorrow !

Hoping that my presence will spark us into a winning performance :)

COYS

And furthermore I will not be able to attend @dubaisaints viewing of the match either.

A combination of until Dec, Be In Sports not being able to show Sat 1500 KO's and work / leave committments I've only been able to attend 7 games at our Barasti meeting haunt this season.

This has yielded a paltry return of 1 win and 6 defeats :scared: The one win over QPR was on my birthday, but even then it took a 93rd min goal and still time for QPR to have a goal disallowed :rolleyes:

I'm still living on the glory of being at Old Trafford when we won ... but it's not looking good for me!! Get your money on a Saints win!!

And furthermore I will not be able to attend @dubaisaints viewing of the match either.

A combination of until Dec, Be In Sports not being able to show Sat 1500 KO's and work / leave committments I've only been able to attend 7 games at our Barasti meeting haunt this season.

This has yielded a paltry return of 1 win and 6 defeats :scared: The one win over QPR was on my birthday, but even then it took a 93rd min goal and still time for QPR to have a goal disallowed :rolleyes:

I'm still living on the glory of being at Old Trafford when we won ... but it's not looking good for me!! Get your money on a Saints win!!

Does DOC still no to your meets ups?

If we fail. To win and again fail to score against palace what happens? We accept its just one of those things?

Probably won't happen that way anyway, can't go on for ever, we have to score sooner or later, perhaps a punt from long range, haven't had one of those for a while. If Toby is fit eough to play I expect to see a lot more composure at the back again and our wingbacks getting forward far more.

If we fail. To win and again fail to score against palace what happens? We accept its just one of those things?

Yep, just put it down to some of our players having "a bit of a dip in form" and wait for the next game and the next one and the next one ad nauseum. Sadly we don't have many options anyway because of the lack of action in January, but then we all know as well that is because no-one can name a striker that could have been brought in to help out.

Sadly we don't have many options anyway because of the lack of action in January, but then we all know as well that is because no-one can name a striker that could have been brought in to help out.

Spurs filching our head of recruitment must have really helped though. It's not only players that get knicked from us, head of injury management, head of recruitment, video analysts...all has changed in not so much time.

Spurs filching our head of recruitment must have really helped though. It's not only players that get knicked from us, head of injury management, head of recruitment, video analysts...all has changed in not so much time.

I thought we were just going to replace him with someone better? He was only a glorified FM player too according to some here.

Pretty obvious Koeman has had a massive say in recruitment and by the looks of it will do too in the summer.

Jedinak set to be charged by the FA for his elbow on Saturday.

Wonder if this will happen before Tuesday eve?

It won't.

FA now waiting for Ref's report to see if he saw the act of savagery. If he didn't, they MAY charge him. The player, if charged, has 48 hours to respond. We are looking at Thursday before any sanction is imposed.

Unless Jedinak calls the FA and says "I did a stupid thing on Saturday, I'll take my ban immediately" then the games to miss will be after our match.

Yep, just put it down to some of our players having "a bit of a dip in form" and wait for the next game and the next one and the next one ad nauseum. Sadly we don't have many options anyway because of the lack of action in January, but then we all know as well that is because no-one can name a striker that could have been brought in to help out.

Irrelevant, I'm sure I would find loads of options if it was my job to find players to sign. It's their full time job.

Probably won't happen that way anyway, can't go on for ever, we have to score sooner or later, perhaps a punt from long range, haven't had one of those for a while. If Toby is fit eough to play I expect to see a lot more composure at the back again and our wingbacks getting forward far more.

They should give Pelle a rest and play a different formation to break the pattern

If we play the same formation we are just putting more pressure om Pelle.

He and Long were never first rate strikers they were always average strikers they both need multiple chances to score that's the way they have always been. It's unrreasonable to expect them to up their ratio of chances to goals now they are in the premiership

Goodness knows somebody shoukd shoot from outside tge box. Corners and free kicks are dire too.

They should give Pelle a rest and play a different formation to break the pattern

If we play the same formation we are just putting more pressure om Pelle.

He and Long were never first rate strikers they were always average strikers they both need multiple chances to score that's the way they have always been. It's unrreasonable to expect them to up their ratio of chances to goals now they are in the premiership

Goodness knows somebody shoukd shoot from outside tge box. Corners and free kicks are dire too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31693872

Irrelevant, I'm sure I would find loads of options if it was my job to find players to sign. It's their full time job.

whoosh!! :) Apparently there was no-one available, I know because some clever people on here have said that unless strikers available can be named by us then it means no-one was available and therefore we were not able to sign anyone. The people on this forum to whom I refer are so all-knowing that I cannot believe this is incorrect.

Sounds like you think like me that that is bull****.

we should pack the defense for at least the first 5 mins this match ! Esp that bit at the edge of the area !!!!

There were plenty in defence when Berahino scored, just that one of them was way way too slow to close him down, 6 million £ totally wasted and still costing us.