England footballer 'arrested over underage sex allegations'

Twiggy

Not gonna guess if it is or isn't true or who it is but this bit got on my nerves a bit...

"Police also discovered a loaded gun at the mansion according to the report, however it's understood the player legally owned the firearm." - Well if he legally owned it and therefore had a license etc then there's no problem is there. I don't get why they felt the need to include that in the article. Just a lazy way of trying to rile the story up IMO.

The arrest comes ahead of England's planned European Championship qualifiers against Lithuania and Italy later this month.

Thanks for that, Daily Mail. You'd think the story was bad enough, without needing to puff it up with legally owned firearms & tenuous England angle. Less time sensationalising, more time deciding how old she is pls, Daily Mail! 14? 15? 14?

I know it's not the alleged serious offence.

However as someone who owns a shotgun certificate, the stupidity of keeping a loaded firearm, even if it is securely locked in its cabinet, perhaps I shouldn't find surprising, but I do.

Totally agree. Having a licensed firearm is one thing. But I can think of no legitimate reason as to why on earth it would be found to be loaded anywhere inside the house. Recipe for disaster and grounds to join the "America" thread in the lounge. Stupidity of the highest order.

Innocent till proven guilty. Also many permutations being suggested, that they found each other on tinder which is an 18+ app, that they met in a club...isn't there a section of the law that states if you have sufficient reason to believe they're overage it's not an offence?

Anyway, i don't think it's right that people get named before a trial process even begins, let alone before a verdict is delivered - even if found innocent he'll get horrific abuse and chanting for the rest of his career now.

If the girl is in a club... He's no reason to believe she's not 18? I'm sorry but I'm 22 and it could easily happen. She probably told a few people then her parents found out? I've not read the story yet. But people are calling this guy a paedophile and everything else on Twitter etc, might be slightly unfair and could just be a horrible situation for the lad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the girl is in a club... He's no reason to believe she's not 18? I'm sorry but I'm 22 and it could easily happen. She probably told a few people then her parents found out? I've not read the story yet. But people are calling this guy a paedophile and everything else on Twitter etc, might be slightly unfair and could just be a horrible situation for the lad.

I find those sort of excuses very tenuous. It's a bit like saying 'But she was drinking alcohol, so she must be 18'. He has a responsibility to uphold the law regardless of how he met her. I don't think any aspect of that responsibility can be transferred to anyone else in a situation like this.

That is, of course, assuming he has broke the law.

So your saying I'm in a club after having a few drinks and a girl approaches me I have to turn around and give it.. 'Have you got any ID?' Say she produces ID - how is he not to know any different. It's a perfectly good excuse. Shame because he will probably be hung out to dry and be made an example off.

So your saying I'm in a club after having a few drinks and a girl approaches me I have to turn around and give it.. 'Have you got any ID?' Say she produces ID - how is he not to know any different. It's a perfectly good excuse. Shame because he will probably be hung out to dry and be made an example off.

I'm saying that I am pretty sure I can tell the difference between a 14/15 year old and an 18 year old and the law asks you to as well. And if you are in any doubt you should ask and even then use your judgement to see if she is 16 or not. Otherwise you've broke the law and it's not worth it, is it?

I'm saying that I am pretty sure I can tell the difference between a 14/15 year old and an 18 year old and the law asks you to as well. And if you are in any doubt you should ask and even then use your judgement to see if she is 16 or not. Otherwise you've broke the law and it's not worth it' date=' is it?[/quote']

You'd be surprised. 15/16 years old isn't much difference in looks.. 18-20 is a different story. You can really tell difference. Your right she might of looked young but I've seen plenty of 18 year olds who looks young and plenty of 16 year olds who look far older than their age..

You'd be surprised. 15/16 years old isn't much difference in looks.. 18-20 is a different story. You can really tell difference. Your right she might of looked young but I've seen plenty of 18 year olds who looks young and plenty of 16 year olds who look far older than their age..

Yeah of course but I believe the law doesn't take into account how old someone looks, it's how old they are. And I am pretty sure 'she looks older than 15' doesn't stand up in a court of law - I don't think it is any defence whatsoever.

Yeah of course but I believe the law doesn't take into account how old someone looks' date=' it's how old they are. And I am pretty sure 'she looks older than 15' doesn't stand up in a court of law - I don't think it is any defence whatsoever.[/quote']

Bit unfair if you think about it. I mean how are you supposed to know if someone lies? Having said that though it does make me feel a bit sick and she is just a little younger than my sister.

Thank god I am done with the dating game. It seems that these days if you want to avoid getting nicked after pulling a bird, you need to ask to see photo Id, get them to sign a consent form and crash damage waiver and ask if she has a latex allergy.

Thank god I am done with the dating game. It seems that these days if you want to avoid getting nicked after pulling a bird, you need to ask to see photo Id, get them to sign a consent form and crash damage waiver and ask if she has a latex allergy.

You've managed to turn a report about a man being arrested for having sex with a 15 year old, but with little other information about how that came about, into a moan about the dating scene and needing to "avoid getting nicked after pulling a bird".

That's pretty gross. Can this thread be moved somewhere else?

I haven't read about this specific case, but thought I'd add my take on the subject. I saw a 12 year old girl get chatted up at a resturant by a guy who thought she was in her late teens/early 20s (I know the girls family). Physically she easily looks 19 maybe 20 but the 30 year old guy made her feel very uncomfortable as she is still 12 from a mental point of view. The waiter was keeping an eye on her as her parents were sat across the room on another table. The waiter told the 30 year old guy to sit back at his table as she was only 12 and the poor guy nearly fainted.

It's difficult as part of me says she shouldn't be allowed to wear makeup at 12 but all secondary school girls do nowadays. Part of me says she shouldn't be allowed to have her hair done but all secondary school girls do. Part of me says she shouldn't wear grown up clothes, but she's 5ft 9" and can't fit into childrens clothing. Even if she could get into kids clothing and didn't do her hair and makeup she'd still look 16/17...

Girls in general seem to want to dress and act older. When I was 14 I knew dozens of 14 year old girls who would dress up to look 20, get drunk at a pub or club and go home with a random bloke in their 20s. Some of the girls would use their older sisters IDs and some would just flirt with the barman. If you locked up every guy who'd slept with an underage girl (who lied about her age whist drinking alcohol and dressed to look older, or even had a fake/older sisters id on her) then we'd need a lot more prisons. Not to mention most guys are drinking alcohol at pubs and clubs which makes things even more complicated. The whole things messed up but underage girls who drink at pubs/clubs with fake ID's, hair and makeup done, high heels and dressed like uni students chatting up guys have to take most of the blame.

You've managed to turn a report about a man being arrested for having sex with a 15 year old, but with little other information about how that came about, into a moan about the dating scene and needing to "avoid getting nicked after pulling a bird".

That's pretty gross. Can this thread be moved somewhere else?

it wasn't intended To give offence, apologies if it did.

it wasn't intended To give offence, apologies if it did.

That's OK, CB. I feel bad for calling you gross (you're not really). It was just how this thread quickly turned in to guys getting all anxious about not being able to recognise a 15 year old in a nightclub. We don't even know the circumstances of this event.

That's OK, CB. I feel bad for calling you gross (you're not really). It was just how this thread quickly turned in to guys getting all anxious about not being able to recognise a 15 year old in a nightclub. We don't even know the circumstances of this event.

All I see is a lot of "Waaahhhhhh, why can't I put it anywhere without worrying about the consequences. Womens are so evil, it's all their faults!!!"

All I see is a lot of "Waaahhhhhh, why can't I put it anywhere without worrying about the consequences. Womens are so evil, it's all their faults!!!"

Behave, if a girl looks 18, is in a club, and says she is 18 then although guilty of sleeping with an under 16 year old, the intent is not there, and they'd be found not guilty.

Behave, if a girl looks 18, is in a club, and says she is 18 then although guilty of sleeping with an under 16 year old, the intent is not there, and they'd be found not guilty.

Read some of the posts above, people talking about 14/15 year old girls saying they are to blame.

Like us blokes are these big horrible monsters incapable of any control and simply following our penises wherever it points. It's utter crap.

Read some of the posts above, people talking about 14/15 year old girls saying they are to blame.

Like us blokes are these big horrible monsters incapable of any control and simply following our penises wherever it points. It's utter crap.

I don't think it's to those extremes though, although I am sure *some* girls lie about their age to sleep with older men.

I don't think it's to those extremes though, although I am sure *some* girls lie about their age to sleep with older men.

I'm sure some will. They are young girls, young people do silly things all the effing time.

Again, these older men are capable of saying no. Just because a young girl might dress up and try and sleep with an older guy, it doesn't mean he has to. He could maybe, you know, use his experience to think it might not be wise?

The idea that men will simply put their cock anywhere it will go is a pretty grim way to think about guys.