England footballer 'arrested over underage sex allegations'

Twiggy

Can you expand?

It was a glib comment Jeff but what I am saying is that blokes need to take more responsibility before getting it on with a girl. She may well have looked older but we all know that young girls do try and make themselves look older. I don't know the details of this case but it is not an issue of a 15 or 16 year old classmate getting it on with her. A guy knocking on 30 should be more aware.

It was a glib comment Jeff but what I am saying is that blokes need to take more responsibility before getting it on with a girl. She may well have looked older but we all know that young girls do try and make themselves look older. I don't know the details of this case but it is not an issue of a 15 or 16 year old classmate getting it on with her. A guy knocking on 30 should be more aware.

Yeah, I agree, Soggy, but maybe thats because I am SOG in the making. Can't judge by appearances only. Heck, teenagers have to produce ID to buy a lambrusco. I don't buy a defence of "well she looked 18". Caveat Emptor.

But I had this discussion earlier in the thread with KRG. Is it the case that if the girl looks 20 or under we have to ask her for ID then?

Yeah, I agree, Soggy, but maybe thats because I am SOG in the making. Can't judge by appearances only. Heck, teenagers have to produce ID to buy a lambrusco. I don't buy a defence of "well she looked 18". Caveat Emptor.

Exactly, so if she got in a club, where most challenge women with ID under 25, then surely he doesn't need to perform any further checks.

But I had this discussion earlier in the thread with KRG. Is it the case that if the girl looks 20 or under we have to ask her for ID then?

A girl might look 20 but behaving like a 20 year old is something else. I have had three daughters all go through that age group and not one of them could pass as a 20 year old behaviour wise.

As for asking for ID. There is a phrase buyer beware. The is also a condition that says ignorance of the law is no defence. What I am trying to say is just because someone is tarted up and up for it it doesn't mean that they guy has no responsibility as to what happens. I would say any man of 27 would know the difference between a made up 15 year old girl and a 20 year old girl.

Lots of talk on here about 15 year old girls. Anyone know what it's like to be one? In case not, this will help:

No matter how much make up any of these was wearing I think we could all tell the difference between them and a 20 year old woman.

A girl might look 20 but behaving like a 20 year old is something else. I have had three daughters all go through that age group and not one of them could pass as a 20 year old behaviour wise.

As for asking for ID. There is a phrase buyer beware. The is also a condition that says ignorance of the law is no defence. What I am trying to say is just because someone is tarted up and up for it it doesn't mean that they guy has no responsibility as to what happens. I would say any man of 27 would know the difference between a made up 15 year old girl and a 20 year old girl.

You say that, but Bearsy thought a 25 year old was 15 earlier in this thread, so I would say not.

Lots of talk on here about 15 year old girls. Anyone know what it's like to be one? In case not, this will help:

It's a very affirmative vid. The only thing I would say is that the girls involved are clearly the 'elite' - ie at posh schools, where they're encouraged to think and speak their minds. It doesn't include anyone who aspires to **** footballers whilst 15, and probably thought it was a good idea when they were much younger on account of the images and messages they were getting from their family and social media.

As an owner of a nearly 16 year old girl, I am so relieved she doesn't aspire to that kind of behaviour, but also doesn't think Bunty is the what the world is like. I am talking about Bunty from the 70's, if it still exists, it may well have turned into something as outrageous as Smash Hits or Just 17.

• 1 month later...

It's been brought up before on this thread, but the law in this country really is an absolute arse. The alleged victim gets her identity kept secret for life; and rightly so. But the alleged perpetrator is announced to the general public long before the trial has begun.

There's still every chance that Johnson is actually innocent, yet he'll be on the front pages of the newspapers until the trial is finished and a decision made.

If he is guilty then he deserves all he gets and more. But if he's actually innocent in all this? The whole process is a joke.

It's been brought up before on this thread, but the law in this country really is an absolute arse. The alleged victim gets her identity kept secret for life; and rightly so. But the alleged perpetrator is announced to the general public long before the trial has begun.

There's still every chance that Johnson is actually innocent, yet he'll be on the front pages of the newspapers until the trial is finished and a decision made.

If he is guilty then he deserves all he gets and more. But if he's actually innocent in all this? The whole process is a joke.

Yeah, I agree. Why does he get to become famous and grace the front page of national newspapers when there's a very good chance he could have committed a crime!

• 9 months later...

So....dismissed, contract terminated.

Morally the right thing to do. But writing off a £10M asset as zero on the balance sheet takes some doing. Brings back the case of Adrian Mutu. Did Chelsea ever recoup their outlay on him, from the player or underwriters?

And will another club now come in for Johnson ...... or after a discrete period of time offer him a route back?

Ignoring the post above.

So....dismissed, contract terminated.

Morally the right thing to do. But writing off a £10M asset as zero on the balance sheet takes some doing. Brings back the case of Adrian Mutu. Did Chelsea ever recoup their outlay on him, from the player or underwriters?

And will another club now come in for Johnson ...... or after a discrete period of time offer him a route back?

Ignoring the post above.

Didn't Chelsea sue Mutu and get the money back ?

He knew, he knew she was under 16. Didn't meet her in a club but in a car park, she told him on New Years Eve she was 15. Doesn't look good for Adam Johnson.

Where did this 'met her in a club' line come from? Was this peddled by his camp, when he was arrested? All seems a complete load of rubbish now, the evidence is overwhelming. His career is over, ala Ched Evans.

You have to wonder why the girlfriends hang around when these lads get done in the national press.

Let alone this case with Johnson

I guess it is the £££££ talking

From what I've read, he always claimed innocence - at least to Sunderland AFC, but would assume to all parties - and then in court had a quick chat with his lawyers when asked to plead, and chose to plead guilty to two of the charges.

Today, when the court began hearing evidence, notably the texts he had been sending the girl, his partner got up and left the courtroom. I didn't see (on the coverage I was following) that she had returned at any point.

If he's lied to the club and lied to others, why wouldn't he lie to her too? The evidence suggests he was already doing that, anyway.

When is Bill Wyman getting banged up? That was proper mental even in those unenlightened days.

He claims CPS spoke to him about it. How he got away with admitting he had sex with a 14 yo girl and got away with it is hard comprehend.

It's pretty obvious that Johnson lied to Sunderland and lied to his partner. She left the courtroom during the presentation of evidence by the prosecution and rumours are that she's binned him off. She stood by him because he said he didn't know she was that young and tbf she doesn't look 15. She's been made to look a right mug and has been trolled for being a money grabber etc even though they are married ffs. I've had a read of the case (like I did with the Ched Evans case) and he's as guilty as sin. He even told the girl to delete all the messages between them. He 100% knew her age and it was him that was making all the advances and putting the pressure on, not the young girl. If he was a young player of say 17/18 then it wouldn't be so bad but a 28 year old man copping off with a 15 year old girl? It's ****ing sickening. He'll obviously go down for it and thankfully his career is now over.

That mercifully saves us from Sunderland fans moaning about him not being in the England side every time he doesn't play **** for two games in a row.

Edited by Shance

It's pretty obvious that Johnson lied to Sunderland and lied to his partner. She left the courtroom during the presentation of evidence by the prosecution and rumours are that she's binned him off. She stood by him because he said he didn't know she was that young and tbf she doesn't look 15. She's been made to look a right mug and has been trolled for being a money grabber etc even though they are married ffs. I've had a read of the case (like I did with the Ched Evans case) and he's as guilty as sin. He even told the girl to delete all the messages between them. He 100% knew her age and it was him that was making all the advances and putting the pressure on, not the young girl. If he was a young player of say 17/18 then it wouldn't be so bad but a 28 year old man copping off with a 15 year old girl? It's ****ing sickening. He'll obviously go down for it and thankfully his career is now over.

That mercifully saves us from Sunderland fans moaning about him not being in the England side every time he doesn't play **** for two games in a row.

The case is still ongoing so we are yet to hear the case for the defence essentially saying the girl was a slag. Standard procedure of course.

That was in channel 5 last night. He was pretty open about it. As were everyone famous at the wedding

Bizarre

Apparently he went to speak to the police a few years ago and asked if they wanted to talk to him about it. They said no. She was 13 when they met and has said 14 when they started having sex. They married when she was 18 but parted soon after. As a side note his son went off with her mother! She looked much older than 13/14 but he knew how old she was. She still looks pretty fit now but has had a tough time and it sounds like it affected her quite badly as she grew up. Surprising that the police aren't interested after the number of collars that have been felt over kiddy fiddling. I suppose the fact that they got married might have helped him.

Today's proceedings, summarised by Eurosport: http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/i-absolutely-hate-adam-johnson-says-football-star-s-teenage-accuser_sto5178471/story.shtml

A teenage girl who had a sexual encounter with footballer Adam Johnson has told a jury she now "absolutely hates" the player, saying: "I've had thousands of people call me a liar, a slag and a little slut for a year."

A teenage girl who had a sexual encounter with footballer Adam Johnson has told a jury she now "absolutely hates" the player, saying: "I've had thousands of people call me a liar, a slag and a little slut for a year."

The teenager told a court she idolised the 28-year-old when they started messaging each other in December 2014, and that sexual activity took place between the pair in Johnson's Range Rover in January last year.

The girl, who is now 16 but was 15 at the time of the incident, has told Johnson's trial she initially did not tell people about the more serious activities in the car because she was trying to protect the player.

Speaking over a videolink, she told the jury she no longer wanted to protect Johnson because he had made her out to be a liar.

Orlando Pownall QC, defending Johnson, asked the girl whether she "absolutely hated" Johnson now.

She said: "Yes, I do, after everything he's put us through.

"He told everyone he was innocent and he made people call me a liar. He let people cheer him on in matches and he let people call me all the names under the sun."

Johnson, of Castle Eden, Co Durham, has admitted one count of sexual activity with a child relating to kissing the girl in his car on January 30 last year.

The former Sunderland star has also admitted grooming the teenager but denies two further charges of sexual activity with a child, described by prosecutors as "more serious", relating to the same encounter.

The girl became extremely upset at various points as Mr Pownall cross-examined her for a number of hours on Tuesday.

As he concluded his questioning, the teenager sobbed as she shouted at the barrister: "I have 100% told the truth about it.

"He knows for a fact he did it to me. He lied about the others for a year and now he has admitted it.

"I've had thousands of people call me a liar, a slag and a little slut for a year.

"They say I was a silly little girl out to ruin a man's career. Yes, I was a silly little girl but it's not my career being ruined so I shouldn't have been made to think that."

Asked earlier if she was still trying to protect Johnson she said: "No, because he did nothing to protect me and he made me out to be a liar."

The girl, who was giving evidence for a second day, said Johnson first responded to her friend request on Facebook and started sending her messages when she was 15.

The teenager agreed with Johnson's barrister Orlando Pownall QC that she had described some of these messages as " a bit creepy".

Asked to clarify, she said: "I thought that when I told him my age he would have backed off. Who just asks for a random fan's number?"

Later, the girl told the jury: "Someone texting a 15-year-old girl - they're not completely normal."

Speaking through tears for much of her exchange with Mr Pownall, the girl admitted she had been "bigging herself up" with some messages to friends on social media.

Referring to one Snapchat message which was subsequently pasted into Facebook, Mr Pownall asked about her saying: "He's picking me up this week and I'm riding him."

The teenager said: "I was trying to big myself up as any 15-year-old girl would."

She added: "When you idolise someone and that happens to you, you're not thinking at the time."

The teenager told the court she took a video when she was in the car with Johnson but it only recorded audio and an image of the dashboard. She said she did this to prove to people that she had met the footballer.

The teenager said: "I was trying to brag about it and show off about it. How many teenagers can say that's happened to them?"

The girl told the court: "I thought I was big and I thought I was clever. I feel so stupid now for not seeing but I didn't see it at the time."

The girl was also questioned about why she tried to contact another Sunderland footballer - Connor Wickham - over social media after the incident with Johnson.

She told the jury she did not remember doing this.

The case was adjourned until Wednesday.