England footballer 'arrested over underage sex allegations'

Twiggy

I'm sure some will. They are young girls, young people do silly things all the effing time.

Again, these older men are capable of saying no. Just because a young girl might dress up and try and sleep with an older guy, it doesn't mean he has to. He could maybe, you know, use his experience to think it might not be wise?

The idea that men will simply put their cock anywhere it will go is a pretty grim way to think about guys.

Of course, but if they fancied her, they're single, she's single, she looks more than old enough, then why can't they without a fear of the consequences?

It seems your gripe is more with promiscuity in society...

That's OK, CB. I feel bad for calling you gross (you're not really). It was just how this thread quickly turned in to guys getting all anxious about not being able to recognise a 15 year old in a nightclub. We don't even know the circumstances of this event.
I am past going to nightclubs but 35 years ago it was difficult to tell if a girl was 15 or 18, as time has gone on and the girls mature sooner and are even more aware Iam sure it is very difficult for a man.

Going up to a girl and asking 'are you older than 15' is not the best chat up line.

That young girl Mandy Smith? who went with Teddy Sherringham all those years ago, looked a lot older than her age (i think she was barely 16)

Of course, but if they fancied her, they're single, she's single, she looks more than old enough, then why can't they without a fear of the consequences?

It seems your gripe is more with promiscuity in society...

Promiscuity is my problem? I'm very sex positive. If two (or more) people of legal age want to have sex in any which way they want, by all means crack on. Do what you want to do.

I just find it utterly hilarious when blokes whine about, oh it's so hard being a man, seems like you can't do anything without getting nicked anymore. It's natural adjustment from a time when women were basically seen as objects for men to f*ck and then call slappers for doing so.

This bizarre paranoia that people are trying to stop people having sex, or are going to lock you up just for having sex is just pathetic. Same as the Ched Evans thread. No, you aren't going to get arrested if you have drunken consensual sex, and hey maybe just try not to sleep with girls (or boys if that's your thing) that could be underage. It's not exactly hard is it?

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove
As Bear mentions, missing word.

Promiscuity is my problem? I'm very sex positive. If two (or more) people of legal age want to have sex in any which way they want, by all means crack on. Do what you want to do.

I just find it utterly hilarious when blokes whine about, oh it's so hard being a man, seems like you can't do anything without getting nicked anymore. It's natural adjustment from a time when women were basically seen as objects for men to f*ck and then call slappers for doing so.

This bizarre paranoia that people are trying to stop people having sex, or are going to lock you up just for having sex is just pathetic. Same as the Ched Evans thread. No, you aren't going to get arrested if you have drunken consensual sex, and hey maybe just try and do sleep with girls (or boys if that's your thing) that could be underage. It's not exactly hard is it?

but if it is consensual sex and the girl seems to be a lot older than she is?

This bizarre paranoia that people are trying to stop people having sex, or are going to lock you up just for having sex is just pathetic. Same as the Ched Evans thread. No, you aren't going to get arrested if you have drunken consensual sex, and hey maybe just try not to sleep with girls (or boys if that's your thing) that could be underage. It's not exactly hard is it?

So we're saying that men and women shouldn't sleep with girls or boys that look, say 20 or under, on the off chance that they could be under 16?

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

So we're saying that men shouldn't sleep with girls that look, say 20 or under, on the off chance that they could be under 16?

No, I'm saying if you are an adult, old enough to know better perhaps it would be wise to make sure the young man or woman in question is old enough.

I'm not saying don't, I'm saying err on the side of caution. Exactly the same as if you aren't sure if someone is too drunk to consent. You know, maybe try engaging your brain before engaging your penis.

It's not as if people up and down the country don't go out and get drunk and have sex on a daily basis. 99.9% of those cases don't lead to arrest. A couple of cases get reported where it happens and someone does get arrested and there is uproar that OMG you can't put it anywhere without getting arrested anymore.

Seems most people are perfectly capable. It's not exactly a lot to ask really.

No, I'm saying if you are an adult, old enough to know better perhaps it would be wise to make sure the young man or woman in question is old enough.

I'm not saying don't, I'm saying err on the side of caution. Exactly the same as if you aren't sure if someone is too drunk to consent. You know, maybe try engaging your brain before engaging your penis.

It's not as if people up and down the country don't go out and get drunk and have sex on a daily basis. 99.9% of those cases don't lead to arrest. A couple of cases get reported where it happens and someone does get arrested and there is uproar that OMG you can't put it anywhere without getting arrested anymore.

Seems most people are perfectly capable. It's not exactly a lot to ask really.

But it's where do you err on the side of caution. At what point can you relax and believe that you're going to be sleeping with someone over 16. I would say that means no one night stands with anyone who looks under 21.

But it's where do you err on the side of caution. At what point can you relax and believe that you're going to be sleeping with someone over 16. I would say that means no one night stands with anyone who looks under 21.

Two questions, have you ever had a drunken one night stand? If yes, have you been arrested as a result?

I reckon for a lot of people, myself included, the answers would be yes and no. That probably means you are doing it right.

I wonder if the girl involved made a complaint, or feels like a Victim. I spose this will come out in the wash. When I think of my teenage cousin, I feel like this is v.bad crime. But then I remember what it was like to be 15, and feel like having consensual sex, was not the worst thing that could happen to me. I am conflictioned!

Two questions, have you ever had a drunken one night stand? If yes, have you been arrested as a result?

I reckon for a lot of people, myself included, the answers would be yes and no. That probably means you are doing it right.

I have broken 100s of laws. Genuinely I have! I only been Arrested once tho, and it so happened, that it was for something which I was Innocent.

Just because you haven't been arrested, doesn't mean you're probably doing it right, it just means she hasn't reported it to the police. And that is the whole point, if you have a one night stand with someone who you believe is 20 or under, I don't believe that is not erring on the side of caution.

Hypothetical situation - You meet a girl that looks 20, In Ikon in Soton after you've had 4 or 5 drinks. You sleep with her and it turns out she's 14. Where is the erring on the side of caution in this situation?

I wonder if the girl involved made a complaint, or feels like a Victim. I spose this will come out in the wash. When I think of my teenage cousin, I feel like this is v.bad crime. But then I remember what it was like to be 15, and feel like having consensual sex, was not the worst thing that could happen to me. I am conflictioned!

Until we know what's happened it's very difficult to cast aspersions on either party.

Until we know what's happened it's very difficult to cast aspersions on either party.

Disagree. It is v.easy to cast aspersions. Mark My Words. It will turn out that the girl was quite pleased about sleeping with Adam Johnson, but her big-mouthed mates (poss. jealous) grassed her up, and when her Parents found out they Called Police. This is v.trauma for the girl, who was quite untroubled until this point, but now she is v.traumatised.

Adam Johnson will mount the old I thought she was older! defense, but he is a Footballer and the Beak will Throw The Book At Him and he will Never Play Premier League Football Again. There Are Heroes On Both Sides.

Just because you haven't been arrested, doesn't mean you're probably doing it right, it just means she hasn't reported it to the police. And that is the whole point, if you have a one night stand with someone who you believe is 20 or under, I don't believe that is not erring on the side of caution.

Hypothetical situation - You meet a girl that looks 20, In Ikon in Soton after you've had 4 or 5 drinks. You sleep with her and it turns out she's 14. Where is the erring on the side of caution in this situation?

Agreed, it was a deliberately crude and blunt point. It's clearly not fool proof, more a demonstration that the moans of "oh you can't sleep with anyone anymore" are slightly off the mark. It's easy to get slightly carried away with it. What I was trying to demonstrate that most people are perfectly capable of going out and having casual sex and not breaking the law. There's not this epidemic of people being arrested for having casual sex that some would have you believe.

Hypothetically, I'd never be in Ikon!

I'm still sceptical at how many 14 year olds really do look 20. If you are around that age yourself (19, 20, 21) you can usually tell if someone is older or younger than you. I've personally never really understood guys that go after girls so much younger than them anyway. It's always struck me as creepy. You've given nowhere to err in that situation. I would err on the side of caution BEFORE sleeping with them. Again, if I can't be sure, I wouldn't sleep with them. You can you know, talk to them first. If a 14 year old does look a bit older, a conversation with them may give a little away first. What do you do etc. Or is conversation first killing casual sex too?

You can you know, talk to them first. If a 14 year old does look a bit older, a conversation with them may give a little away first.

:lol: Yeah that is what I would recommend, a little light interrogation. I would be asking questions like, I say, I can't remember, do you happen to know who won the FA Cup in 2006?

I was never any good at one night stands to be honest. Do people not normally talk a little before hand?

I doubt Adam Johnson said much more than, hi I'm Adam Johnson, the footballer. I doubt that his conversation skills run to much more than that, I seem to recall that even among footballers, he is considered "the thick one"

:lol: Yeah that is what I would recommend, a little light interrogation. I would be asking questions like, I say, I can't remember, do you happen to know who won the FA Cup in 2006?

I can't remember Bear but don't let that put you off.

Agreed, it was a deliberately crude and blunt point. It's clearly not fool proof, more a demonstration that the moans of "oh you can't sleep with anyone anymore" are slightly off the mark. It's easy to get slightly carried away with it. What I was trying to demonstrate that most people are perfectly capable of going out and having casual sex and not breaking the law. There's not this epidemic of people being arrested for having casual sex that some would have you believe.

Hypothetically, I'd never be in Ikon!

I'm still sceptical at how many 14 year olds really do look 20. If you are around that age yourself (19, 20, 21) you can usually tell if someone is older or younger than you. I've personally never really understood guys that go after girls so much younger than them anyway. It's always struck me as creepy. You've given nowhere to err in that situation. I would err on the side of caution BEFORE sleeping with them. Again, if I can't be sure, I wouldn't sleep with them. You can you know, talk to them first. If a 14 year old does look a bit older, a conversation with them may give a little away first. What do you do etc. Or is conversation first killing casual sex too?

To be honest, talking in Ikon was difficult because it was (a) very loud and (b) you really wouldn't want to speak to the majority of girls in there...

It was a pure hypothetical situ. I agree with you about that statement, it's stupid to even use it as a throwaway comment, I just think this situation can arise even with a decent amount of due diligence first.

So can a 16 year old lad sleep with his 15 year old girlfriend?

Legally no - I seem to remember that one country has a degree of flexibility here. Something like if you are within a couple of years of the other party then it is viewed as ok ie in your example that would be allowed, however not for a 19 year old - seems like a common sense approach.

Do you really need to be told that a 16 year old lad/girl sleeping with the 15 year old boy/girlfriend isn't the same thing as a 27 year old and a 15 year old?

Legally no - I seem to remember that one country has a degree of flexibility here. Something like if you are within a couple of years of the other party then it is viewed as ok ie in your example that would be allowed, however not for a 19 year old - seems like a common sense approach.

I seem to recall hearing something similar. It would need to be in the public interest to prosecute, in that case I doubt that would be seen to be the case.

I would just say no. The age of consent is there, otherwise you could say it's fine for a 12 year old to sleep with an 11 year old.

Do people not normally talk a little before hand?

And therein lies the issue. Moral depravity. If he didn't know the girl, then they should throw the book at him. What about a little courting - chat over dinner, go to the movies, get to know each other before taking it further. But no, its straight into the sack, or the pub toilets, and we are discussing whether he thought she was of responsible age. :mcinnes:

I doubt Adam Johnson said much more than, hi I'm Adam Johnson, the footballer. I doubt that his conversation skills run to much more than that, I seem to recall that even among footballers, he is considered "the thick one"

Like you on TMS, kindred spirits! :thumbup:

It's all if's and but's but if she was in a nightclub or other 18+ venue, then she would have convinced door staff etc. that she was above 18, presumably with an ID that isn't her but looks like her. If the people whose job it is to detect under 18's and prevent them entering the premises cannot spot that the girl is not 18, then can you really blame Adam Johnson? If she's in there on someone else's ID, even if he did go as far as asking her to prove she's 18 then is he supposed to be able to detect the ID not to be hers? I know plenty of girls who were in nightclubs before they turned 18 using their older sisters ID due to their similarity, people are lying to themselves if they don't think this is common. And for those saying 15 year old's don't look 18, at 15 you're in the final year of secondary school, there's plenty who dress and look over 18 nowadays.

Having said that, there is no suggestion either way that he did meet her out and about, for all we know he could've genuinely been doing what he shouldn't. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough!

Hi bear, yeah sorry as I have been so busy recently I have to reduce the number of posts I make and just concentrate on mugging you off and making you look like a dumb paedo. Hope you understand? :thumbup:

Yeah, that is kind of true fact about Japan, however it works well when they are in their 30's but still look early 20's until the night they turn into an old hag. Massive life long saints mainboreder fan Yuki can confirm this.

Interesting fact - 4 people in my year at school are paedos, 2 in jail and one other person is also inside for murder. :thumbup:

I can't remember Bear but don't let that put you off.

Liverpool. Probably on Stevie G's birthday.

HTH

memories from borstal

yeah had already heard you went to pedo school. Could you tell even at that age them kids was pedo? I.e. in year 12 was they chasing after year 6 girls or is it more that i.e. they always liked year 9 girls & just never really move on from that?

In France this would not be a crime as the age of consent is 15.

But he is not in France is her? In some counties it is lower than 15. That is not the point. The law of this land says the age of consent is 16. It is no defence to say but if I sh@gged her in France I would be ok.

yeah had already heard you went to pedo school. Could you tell even at that age them kids was pedo? I.e. in year 12 was they chasing after year 6 girls or is it more that i.e. they always liked year 9 girls & just never really move on from that?

Nah not really. One of them is a massive saints fan. He used to have a season ticket for the Kingsland but now just sells badges on the way to the stadium. I am not sure if the club banned him or if it is part of his probation conditions.

This isn't laible by the way mods, its a fact and been in the echo - http://ukpaedos-exposed.com/2012/03/13/simon-bradshaw-eastleigh/

He used to be a bit patronising and arrogant at school.

Nah not really. One of them is a massive saints fan. He used to have a season ticket for the Kingsland but now just sells badges on the way to the stadium. I am not sure if the club banned him or if it is part of his probation conditions.

This isn't laible by the way mods, its a fact and been in the echo - http://ukpaedos-exposed.com/2012/03/13/simon-bradshaw-eastleigh/

He used to be a bit patronising and arrogant at school.

Not Shurlock is it? ;)

Do you really need to be told that a 16 year old lad/girl sleeping with the 15 year old boy/girlfriend isn't the same thing as a 27 year old and a 15 year old?

I seem to recall hearing something similar. It would need to be in the public interest to prosecute, in that case I doubt that would be seen to be the case.

So what age is it in the public interest to arrest and prosecute? 18?

yep, it's a minefield if you have no common sense or morals.

To be fair, common sense or morals are not words I would associate with 99.9% of young lads out on the pull.

a couple of my mates have had dodgy experiences where girls have lied about their age.