Saints 1 Palace 0 - Post Match Nerve Reconstruction

St Chalet

Man of the Match v Crystal Palace  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match v Crystal Palace

thank christ for that, not a great performance but a win is a win! we look more dangerous when pelle isn't on the pitch agreed?

At the moment, agreed.

Maybe he got complacent for his place? Needs to work to earn it back - maybe that'll help him rediscover his scoring touch.

Interesting that no sooner do we take Pelle off, we manage to score. He would never have made that run into the box that Mane did to gamble on the keeper spilling the shot and getting on to the rebound. Hopefully now Koeman will realise just how damaging it is playing a statuesque lump as a lone striker.

A win as a win, but I dont see how anyone can take any comfort from that performance.

There are major issues to be dealt with; the team has lost its way. I really hope they come back from Switzerland refreshed, revitalised and with new ideas.

Let's hope J Rod makes a full recovery. We need to spend big in the summer getting in a quality striker. Oh, and lets pay off Osvaldo, or give him away.

23 shots - 3 on target, tells a lot on its own.

Still don't feel confident in Forster, needs to learn to catch!

Pelle and Dujduric(sp) lacking confidence

Long played well - start Vs Chelsea?

Ward Prowse had a bit of a mini mare

Defence played well especially Fonte and Yoshida

Credit to JWP. Admittedly Speroni should have done better but that was the only time one of our CM's got the ball' date=' drove into space and hit a shot on target. Great follow up from Manè[/quote']

Just shows that even a scuff can get you a rebound, unlike the ones that sailed over the bar from the rest of the players. However we must keep JWP away from defensive duties as he was pants.

Interesting that no sooner do we take Pelle off, we manage to score. He would never have made that run into the box that Mane did to gamble on the keeper spilling the shot and getting on to the rebound. Hopefully now Koeman will realise just how damaging it is playing a statuesque lump as a lone striker.

You might have had a point if it's had be long who scored.

Looked like we was at least trying to move the ball quickly in the final third. Hope this brings some confidence!

Wouldn't be against giving Long a try in Pelle's spot for a few games :thumbup:

Agree with you B man, lets see what Long can offer for a few games with runners off him, his spring wins him headers he shouldn't get so won't lose that from our game but he has massive wheels compared to Pelle's speed.

A scrappy rather lucky win but i'll take it after the run we've been on.

Looked much better when Tadic came on. Surely has to be the regular starter.

Once we scored we went into complete panic mode. JWP almost handed them an eqauliser but at least he was involved in a positive attacking sense in the goal(even if his shooting still needs work)

Hopefully the win will boost confidence somewhat.

Though not sure what to do about Pelle.

Feel a bit strange after that one. Obviously delighted we won, but the performance was woeful. Not sure we've turned the corner yet.

MOTM Yoshida. Mane was alright, but everyone else was poor in my opinion.

phew!!!. I couldn't take watching it after Palace hit the post, so I went to work instead (yep, it was THAT bad...lol). Got to work a couple of minutes of Mane had scored and then proceeded to spend the next 7 or 8 minutes pressing F5. That had to be the poorest performance of the season. So many unforced errors, so bereft of ideas. How did the subs play? Was that a turning point? Up until then I couldn't think of one player who stood out in a good way for us. Thank god Palace were equally as bad and that we had a bit of luck on our side. I know they were encouraged to shoot on sight...but 3 out of 23 on target? Some of those efforts were plainly ridiculous. I'm tying tho think of something positive. Oh yes... 3 POINTS!!!! :) :) :)

Credit to JWP. Admittedly Speroni should have done better but that was the only time one of our CM's got the ball' date=' drove into space and hit a shot on target. [/quote']

This. Both him and Tadic improved our attacking midfield greatly when they came on. JWP should stick to that rather than defending in his own box though :)

The win was more important than the performance.

Who thinks that Pelle should be rested and Long start against Chelski ?

Start them both - Pelle needs some help up top and Long is the nuisance player to take advantage of knock downs and will get under the skin of Terry and co.