Frog & Frigate Last Night

Guided Missile

Tell me more

Been very excited about this since it was posted on here. Some deeply happy memories of that place

please tell me it has some of the magic it used to have. In a world of globalised homogenisation we need more places like this.

Derek indeed has always been a legend - what did he play?

Tell me more

Been very excited about this since it was posted on here. Some deeply happy memories of that place

please tell me it has some of the magic it used to have. In a world of globalised homogenisation we need more places like this.

Derek indeed has always been a legend - what did he play?

The set list was predictable and just what everyone wanted to sing along to. Restricted number of people but the singing was loud and enthusiastic! I did notice a number of the regulars had put on a pound or two since it closed and I wondered whether the tables would stand the weight!

A few young students were a welcome addition and I have a feeling a whole new generation of fans will be born!

Magic....

i was there at the opening last night but went home as i didnt have a ticket( but i got a call and text messages from my friends down there at 11-45pm that derek requested my company so i had to go) (i was actually in bed at the time) but when i got down there derek decided to have an early finish due to his throat being a bit sore...anyway downed a couple of newcastle browns and stayed until 1:15) great memories of the place) am looking forward to saturday night)

Ta, it was a long time ago and I struggled to reconcile an elderly guitar player with a thrusting pub impresario. I imagine the legend of PanPans has shuffled off this mortal coil by now, as has the venue. Good for an after hours beer though, when the notion of after hours still existed!

• 1 month later...