Toby

washsaint

Some on here need to 'get a grip' ffs! We have lost a good player but he wasn't Messi or Neymar or any other World class player! Move on and hope we sign someone good to replace him.

I lost a £10 bet with a pal that works at SFC, who told me that in his opinion TA would not be here next season. Pure guesswork or ITK, no idea.

A pity Toby didn't sign for us, but as long as we:

A) sign a decent replacement for him,

B) sing a decent replacement for Morgan, and

C) keep playing out of a good organisation

then we'll still have a solid defence.

I'm not sure Toby will enjoy playing in Poch's high defensive line so much, though.

Think Toby said what he wanted us to hear but actions show he went for money just like everyone else he just did not come out and say it and hid behind the excuse it was down to Madrid.

Very good player but was injury prone would have been good to keep him but can spend the money elsewhere hopefully.

I think a lot of us are forgetting, Toby wasn't our player, Spurs didnt poach him from us, so why all the hate? Be thankful he didn't go to Liverpool, they're our best shot of breaking into the top six, Spurs are better than Liverpool in my opinion (and league position in last 6 years bar one! Spurs are bigger, better and richer than us, it's foolish to think Toby would come here.

Spurs are only better if they keep Manure from taking Kane

Don’t do this often because most fans get it but in this case boy do “some” of you need a good slap down.

Whilst I understand all fans want the best for their club at the same time the reality is there is always a bigger fish. With all respect the corridor at our training facilities ****es all over your stadium so we are talking about a huge club against one punching well above their weight.

Add to this have you seen the plans for our new stadium? We might be in the same division but we are in a totally different league.

Firstly, Alderweireld was never your player. He was on loan and no matter how much you thought he was going to sign for you the reality is he hasn’t. Do you really think he was dragged kicking and screaming to White Hart Lane? Just watch the video on the Spurs website and hear him say quote “It’s a big club and it’s always been a dream to play at a club like Spurs. Now that dream is coming true so I’m very happy, very proud and I will give my best.”

The deal for the player is between Spurs and Atletico Madrid and let’s be frank, has **** all to do with you. If you have any grievances then perhaps start looking at your own club and how a player you wanted so much you never thought to sign permanently in January or at the very end of the window. Only when you know he is going to Spurs you react.

Either way, you got skinned over last year and lots a lot of your top players but made a ton of cash and still had a good season. We had a mediocre season in comparison but then our ambitions are not only higher but realistic. Either way, we still finished above you which pretty much says a lot.

Are you also forgetting that Schneiderlin wants out? Don’t you remember his Tweet when at the last minute you stopped the transfer to us because your weak Chairman got scared at the fans reaction? Either way, he wants out.

So you need to start being realistic and be proud of what you achieved but just understand where you are in the pecking order. Southampton fans live in and around Southampton. Tottenham fans live all over the world.

Oh and since this account was made purely as a slap down I am sure an admin me kill the account once they dry their eyes so not point in responding because once this has been posted it’s served its purpose.

Consider yourself well and truly slapped back down!

Mwah :D

Toby used to play for Athletico Madrid, who are about to move into their new 70,000 seat stadium. Do you really think he's that impressed with Spurs?

Don’t do this often because most fans get it but in this case boy do “some” of you need a good slap down.

Whilst I understand all fans want the best for their club at the same time the reality is there is always a bigger fish. With all respect the corridor at our training facilities ****es all over your stadium so we are talking about a huge club against one punching well above their weight.

Add to this have you seen the plans for our new stadium? We might be in the same division but we are in a totally different league.

Firstly, Alderweireld was never your player. He was on loan and no matter how much you thought he was going to sign for you the reality is he hasn’t. Do you really think he was dragged kicking and screaming to White Hart Lane? Just watch the video on the Spurs website and hear him say quote “It’s a big club and it’s always been a dream to play at a club like Spurs. Now that dream is coming true so I’m very happy, very proud and I will give my best.”

The deal for the player is between Spurs and Atletico Madrid and let’s be frank, has **** all to do with you. If you have any grievances then perhaps start looking at your own club and how a player you wanted so much you never thought to sign permanently in January or at the very end of the window. Only when you know he is going to Spurs you react.

Either way, you got skinned over last year and lots a lot of your top players but made a ton of cash and still had a good season. We had a mediocre season in comparison but then our ambitions are not only higher but realistic. Either way, we still finished above you which pretty much says a lot.

Are you also forgetting that Schneiderlin wants out? Don’t you remember his Tweet when at the last minute you stopped the transfer to us because your weak Chairman got scared at the fans reaction? Either way, he wants out.

So you need to start being realistic and be proud of what you achieved but just understand where you are in the pecking order. Southampton fans live in and around Southampton. Tottenham fans live all over the world.

Oh and since this account was made purely as a slap down I am sure an admin me kill the account once they dry their eyes so not point in responding because once this has been posted it’s served its purpose.

what a deluded individual u are.

Toby used to play for Athletico Madrid, who are about to move into their new 70,000 seat stadium. Do you really think he's that impressed with Spurs?

And were in a CL final recently.........................

Usual Tottenham arrogance without a shred of integrity of foundation.

:lol:

Weirdo. How long did you spend registering on here, and writing that drivel?

Every club has a large amount of ****s as fans. We have loads, you have loads. All you've done with your 'slap down' is prove you fall into that category.

Take a bow son :lol:

:lol: Liverpool thought they were slapping us back down last season as well.

Got to be a bit careful about what I say, but the fact is Toby was really struggling to settle here; his extended injury lay off had a little more to it than it seems. He feels that he's more likely to settle at Spurs due to the significant contingent of Belgian players. That's why he chose Spurs, nothing more sinister, and certainly nothing to do with Spurs being an infinitely better club. We should be proud of how we stood by Toby, and should lay off him. He's a human being and has done what's best for him as a person. I wish him the best.

Let's hope we get a comparable replacement but we should be careful on how we judge how we, the player, and the relevant clubs have behaved.

Nope, never have. I think you might find, if you cared to look, that we have fans all over the world too. Your post is very patronizing and unnecessary. There are many holes to be picked in it but it is not worth it. None of us know exactly how this all came about and probably never will but he is just another player and we will find a replacement. And what do you expect him to say in the video? "unfortunately, Atletico didn't want me anymore and I had to choose between two smaller clubs"

This is starting to get embarrassing. Deep down every Saints fan knows that Spurs are a bigger club than us, no amount of denying it will change that, I can see why Toby made the decision he did. It's also understandable that pretty much every Saints fan is p1ssed off after the recent sales and now losing another class player, hence the dislike for Spurs which we've seen over Alderweireld. But for Spurs fans to take the time out of their days to sign up for a Saints forum to try and 'slap people down' is f*cking pathetic. You really must lead a very sad life.

Firstly how did Spurs poach your manager. MP made it very clear he was walking, saw no point in staying if the man that he thought had put SFC where they were, Cortese ,was gone. SFC got rid of Cortese.

When managers leave they usually take the back room staff/coaches and players. What makes SFC so different?

Also your club supposedly broke an agreement to let MS go. Spurs have taken none of your players. Yet Liverpool have taken 4 and Man U 1, soon to be 2, and Woolwich wanderers Chambers.

Where's the hate? After all 'who the **** is Pochettino?'

As for Spurs jumping you with Bale, I doubt we sent men to your clubs door when your were in financial ruin, which was nobody's fault but yours.

You chose to renegotiate Bale's sell on clause. Why his and not Walcott's. I suggest because at the time Bale was considered a flop and you thought keeping the sell on clause with Theo would be the better option. It's not Spur's fault you did that.

After all in 2008 Spurs tried to offload Bale to Hamburg to Jol for £6m. If this was before you took the £3m or after, both parties obviously thought Bale was not a great left back.

Obviously your owners thought Bale would never get £12m in the market and £3m was having Spurs over.

Alternierend was not your player. His loan ended on the 30th June. As early as June 6th AM advised they would be paying the £1.5m buy out. You were reluctant to get into a bidding war were you not?

It was a stupid loan to have. AM do that as standard to hedge their bets. They did it with Mario Suarez. It was obvious if they got offered more they would buy back the option.

Anyway, the player has to want to go. He chose Spurs.

Liverpool you finished above. You have never finished above spurs in the EPL. You have sold player to Liverpool who have only made the TOP 5 once since 2009 and realistically are just as much your 'rivals'. Spurs have finished above Liverpool since 2009, bar once - when they had no European football.

Yet you have no animosity towards Liverpool who you have sold to again despite finishing above them?

Get over it.

Mate do yourself a favour. Get a ****ing life and **** the **** off.

This is starting to get embarrassing. Deep down every Saints fan knows that Spurs are a bigger club than us, no amount of denying it will change that, I can see why Toby made the decision he did. It's also understandable that pretty much every Saints fan is p1ssed off after the recent sales and now losing another class player, hence the dislike for Spurs which we've seen over Alderweireld. But for Spurs fans to take the time out of their days to sign up for a Saints forum to try and 'slap people down' is f*cking pathetic. You really must lead a very sad life.

Truth is, he's trying to make himself feel better.

After what happened to us last season, we went from everyone thinking we were in for a struggle to competing for Champions League spots.

We're doing something very very right somewhere, and have been for a long time now, constantly improving, and they're next in our sights.

They've dealt us a blow by getting Toby, but they really do see us as a threat now.

Got to be a bit careful about what I say, but the fact is Toby was really struggling to settle here; his extended injury lay off had a little more to it than it seems. He feels that he's more likely to settle at Spurs due to the significant contingent of Belgian players. That's why he chose Spurs, nothing more sinister, and certainly nothing to do with Spurs being an infinitely better club. We should be proud of how we stood by Toby, and should lay off him. He's a human being and has done what's best for him as a person. I wish him the best.

Let's hope we get a comparable replacement but we should be careful on how we judge how we, the player, and the relevant clubs have behaved.

The guy has been deceitful at best. Poor lad was he missing his mummy? It's a good job he isn't paid millions for missing his pals isn't it. Oh wait a minute...

Not sure how to interpret this - I assume you're just speculating?

I'm calling this as complete boll***s.

Chewy - I think I might know what you are alluding to, but this forum is not the right medium. Feel free to PM me.

Chewy - I think I might know what you are alluding to, but this forum is not the right medium. Feel free to PM me.

I also heard something about Toby but immediately dismissed it as bullsh*t... If it is the same thing as both of you are alluding to, then this forum is definitely not the place for it

How many people from around the world immigrate to the UK each year? As the crow flies, he was 250 miles from Brussels in Southampton; he was 820 miles from Brussels in Madrid. Was he that home sick that moving to London, 50 miles closer to Brussels, made the difference? LCY is nice to fly into and out of I suppose, weather permitting.

How many people from around the world immigrate to the UK each year? As the crow flies, he was 250 miles from Brussels in Southampton; he was 820 miles from Brussels in Madrid. Was he that home sick that moving to London, 50 miles closer to Brussels, made the difference? LCY is nice to fly into and out of I suppose, weather permitting.

maybe it involved a mobile phone salesman and his bride to be? :o

Don't think it has anything to do with being homesick

So you need to start being realistic and be proud of what you achieved but just understand where you are in the pecking order. Southampton fans live in and around Southampton. Tottenham fans live all over the world. Oh and since this account was made purely as a slap down I am sure an admin me kill the account once they dry their eyes so not point in responding because once this has been posted it’s served its purpose.

LOL you're funny delusional but funny

I'm from ireland and I support saints. There's more support than you think. Maybe spurs have been in the premiership longer but they've underachieved. Underachieving is criminal in sport, overachieving is the holy grail. Consider yourself slapped down!

I don't know anything big man. I just read the posts on here and went from there

Can't stand all the wink wink stuff. If you've found something on Google that's worth looking at then post it up so we can see. Otherwise I'm calling bullsh*t and you're an attention seeker.

Can't stand all the wink wink stuff. If you've found something on Google that's worth looking at then post it up so we can see. Otherwise I'm calling bullsh*t and you're an attention seeker.

You have 23,00 posts and are calling him an attention seeker:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have 23,00 posts and are calling him an attention seeker:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where did I say I wasn't? Everyone is on here in a way. It's quite simple really, either there is public information out there about Toby worth looking at or its a load of rubbish made up by odd people on here.

Whilst I understand all fans want the best for their club at the same time the reality is there is always a bigger fish.

As Gareth Bale displayed to both of us!! The difference being we were in The Championship when he left us.

Did you ever see The Plans for Portsmyths Stadium when they were in their pomp winning The FA Cup. Also look at us with our training facilities ... none of these projects ever come close to budget or on time nowadays.

Still surrounded in mist, but AM failed to exercise or pay up the buy out clause ... this might run and run for a while yet

I believe moves were made in Jan, but AM could see the fee was stupidly low for him and wouldn't let us buy him early.

Either way, you got skinned over last year and lots a lot of your top players but made a ton of cash and still had a good season. We had a mediocre season in comparison but then our ambitions are not only higher but realistic. .

Ambition or delusion? You finished 4 pts ahead, but if just one of your flukey late wins had been a draw and we'd got a draw from some scrappy defeats we'd have been above yu on GD. Fine line indeed over a season

A weak Chairman would have buckled at a tweet and let him go. Could you have done more to keep I wanna go Bale?

You condescending pr!ck. Consider yourself well and truly why the rest of of the football community dislike teams like Spurs.

Mwah [/quote

Edited by ericofarabia

Where did I say I wasn't? Everyone is on here in a way. It's quite simple really, either there is public information out there about Toby worth looking at or its a load of rubbish made up by odd people on here.

You do make me laugh. Very self important person. You should look at what other people have posted not me. I wouldn't even have thought to Google it otherwise. If you arent intelligent enough to work it out by all means pm me

You do make me laugh. Very self important person. You should look at what other people have posted not me. I wouldn't even have thought to Google it otherwise. If you arent intelligent enough to work it out by all means pm me

Lol not sure why he's jumped on you GC?! What an odd person

I'd react the same way to anyone who starts with the nudge nudge I know more than you stuff. Absolutely no reason not to post any link you have (unless it doesn't exist.) feel free to pm me with the link and I'll post it. You won't though.

I think you will find the three people who think they might know the same thing have agreed this is not the right forum.

I've Googled "Toby Alderweireld is happy".

Except not the word happy.

Another word.

That means the same.

But also means something else.

Personally I think he'll be pleased he is now in the navy. And white kit of Spurs.