Toby

washsaint

One thing is for sure, Spurs and the bin dippers have made Man U more likeable

For sure! Spurs and Liverpool's tactics the last two summers has been to disrupt our rise, I mean there's dozens of quality CB's, RB's, AM's, Target men, Head scouts and Managers all over the world but they had to purge ours. Spurs will have 6 first team CB's on there books if they don't sell any and Liverpool have nearly a dozen attacking midfielders!

For sure! Spurs and Liverpool's tactics the last two summers has been to disrupt our rise, I mean there's dozens of quality CB's, RB's, AM's, Target men, Head scouts and Managers all over the world but they had to purge ours. Spurs will have 6 first team CB's on there books if they don't sell any and Liverpool have nearly a dozen attacking midfielders!

From Spurs point of view, it makes perfect sense to go for Alderweireld, even with them having more than enough defenders already.

We're actually a threat to them now, and as well as strengthening themselves, getting Toby puts a massive dent in one of the reasons for that. Not only that, but we don't get the compensation of the transfer fee for it either.

From Spurs point of view, it makes perfect sense to go for Alderweireld, even with them having more than enough defenders already.

We're actually a threat to them now, and as well as strengthening themselves, getting Toby puts a massive dent in one of the reasons for that. Not only that, but we don't get the compensation of the transfer fee for it either.

Absolutely, Spurs defence was their weak point last season, too many silly goals conceded. It doesn't make any difference if you have 30 CBs on your books if they don't do the job. Toby and Vertonghen will (or should that be would) be a solid pairing for them and I'd expect a lot of the silly goals to be wiped out. For 16 million € Toby is, what is known in popular parlance,a no-brainer.

We are not on the rise we had two good seasons with good players who want to move for more money and more chance of Silverware

Haven't we risen every season since the take over what constitutes a rise then? The rise will come to an end but we have clearly been on the rise for the last few seasons.

We are not on the rise we had two good seasons with good players who want to move for more money and more chance of Silverware

To be pedantic we have actually had five good seasons........the rest of your post is right unfortunately !

Thought Turnbull was pants when I watched him play for Swindon, Stephens has got the better chance in my opinion.

Suspect both will be loaned out again next season

Turnbull must have been doing something right:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/12940507.Turnbull_voted_Adver_Player_of_the_Year/

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/STFC/Jordan-Turnbull-has-been-crowned-YOUR-FLICs-STFC-201415-Player-of-the-Year.aspx

Fair play to him, all I saw was him getting caught out of position and letting his men get goal side of him.

Maybe they were isolated incidents, though I think CB is probably one of the hardest places to bring a youngster through

Fair play to him, all I saw was him getting caught out of position and letting his men get goal side of him.

Maybe they were isolated incidents, though I think CB is probably one of the hardest places to bring a youngster through

Did you watch the play off game by any chance??? They decided not to defend at all during that game.

Did you watch the play off game by any chance??? They decided not to defend at all during that game.

Yeah that was a complete abomination of a defensive display (both the semi and final)

I did see a few other games, plus have a mate who is a season ticket holder down there. He seemed to think that Stephens was a lot more comfortable on the ball and liked to get forward. Reckoned he would make a decent midfielder or RB/RWB

As i said before this was pretty much a done deal at the weekend with Spurs. I'm not sure how the whole legal action will affect proceedings and nor are Spurs but they think he's their player - '99% done'. Will hopefully know more in the next couple of hours.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

You always say "As i said before" when everything you say is on SSN and websites all over the internet, I don't think you know anything more than any other saints fan

Edited by Saint IQ

Have a source who works for the club. Won't bother posting any more info. Tbh i hear quite a lot but not usually interested in what they are doing!

How about one last status update on Toby then?

If truth be told, surprised anyone really thought that he would be happy here over the 6 bigger clubs that finished above us if they came knocking. As I said earlier in the thread, platitudes are very easy to deliver, some are hollow some are not. Now we just have to wait for posts coming out saying that he was only good because of being paired with José (like Lolvren was).

Have a source who works for the club. Won't bother posting any more info. Tbh i hear quite a lot but not usually interested in what they are doing!

Same source as the one who told you 2 days back it was a "done deal" with Spurs?

this is a complete ++++up. all the talk of being a well run club is down the swanny in my opinion. I think letting Toby go is just the type of crap that will rile Ron no end and add or probably negate any chance of him staying beyond his contract. Im sick after all the self congratulates i have heard after last summer that Less Reed could let this happen. I would far preferred we didnt even try and get him as he obviously (if he goes to spurs) is a complete knob head. The club need to buy Van Dyke from Celtic quick. I doubt they can do that as they wont offer enough money. Im completely fed up with all this sustainable talk coming from the club. It is not sustainable to weaken the team so others can catch up and all the players want to leave given any chance they get. To keep us sustainable we need to keep improving the signings. West Ham will improve over the next 5 years, Everton will keep on doing what they do.

I expect i will get a load of flack off this forum for throwing the baby out of with the bath water and i hope i am completely wrong.I really hope I am wrong. I just want us to pull of another Kevin Keegan, i just want us to **** Spurs and liverpool.and Arsenal. I just want our young players to want to stay at the club longer than 1 season in the first team. I just want to win something not celebrate 7th. I want the club to strengthen in Jan if we are looking good like last season. I want Ralf to bring some friggin money in!!!! I want cheaper tickets, I want us to adopt Sailing as an anthem at St Marys. Im fed up and i hold the club responsible - Les Reed - Ralf Kruger and Kat. Stop all our staff leaving - pay them the money to stay. Paul mitchel had obviously down loaded all our targets, that legal officer who went obviously cocked up on Tobys contract. All the bull**** i hear 'thank you southampton, thank you' then they are off- its utter crap. Only a few players deserve to be sung, Fonte is one of them, yosheda is another maybe long maybe bertrand, . Big Vic is itching to leave we need to tie him down and buy Claise and Cabaye. we need to do this to keep Ron happy he is the only honest one amongst them all. He says it like it is. He will work his contact and then go to Barca or Holland.

If the club are not going to spend money on players then cut the ticket price simple. If my local cafe is not going to serve top restaurant food they cut the price and serve the full english and the place is packed with everyone happy.

this is a complete ++++up. all the talk of being a well run club is down the swanny in my opinion. I think letting Toby go is just the type of crap that will rile Ron no end and add or probably negate any chance of him staying beyond his contract. Im sick after all the self congratulates i have heard after last summer that Less Reed could let this happen. I would far preferred we didnt even try and get him as he obviously (if he goes to spurs) is a complete knob head. The club need to buy Van Dyke from Celtic quick. I doubt they can do that as they wont offer enough money. Im completely fed up with all this sustainable talk coming from the club. It is not sustainable to weaken the team so others can catch up and all the players want to leave given any chance they get. To keep us sustainable we need to keep improving the signings. West Ham will improve over the next 5 years, Everton will keep on doing what they do.

I expect i will get a load of flack off this forum for throwing the baby out of with the bath water and i hope i am completely wrong.I really hope I am wrong. I just want us to pull of another Kevin Keegan, i just want us to **** Spurs and liverpool.and Arsenal. I just want our young players to want to stay at the club longer than 1 season in the first team. I just want to win something not celebrate 7th. I want the club to strengthen in Jan if we are looking good like last season. I want Ralf to bring some friggin money in!!!! I want cheaper tickets, I want us to adopt Sailing as an anthem at St Marys. Im fed up and i hold the club responsible - Les Reed - Ralf Kruger and Kat. Stop all our staff leaving - pay them the money to stay. Paul mitchel had obviously down loaded all our targets, that legal officer who went obviously cocked up on Tobys contract. All the bull**** i hear 'thank you southampton, thank you' then they are off- its utter crap. Only a few players deserve to be sung, Fonte is one of them, yosheda is another maybe long maybe bertrand, . Big Vic is itching to leave we need to tie him down and buy Claise and Cabaye. we need to do this to keep Ron happy he is the only honest one amongst them all. He says it like it is. He will work his contact and then go to Barca or Holland.

If the club are not going to spend money on players then cut the ticket price simple. If my local cafe is not going to serve top restaurant food they cut the price and serve the full english and the place is packed with everyone happy.

Lol

LOL

:uhoh: You want a lot! :lol:

The ramblings of a psychopath.

Funny though.

If we were that interested, why did we wait until the 11th hour to submit a bid knowing we run the risk of losing him or paying more.

People can blame TA/AM/Spurs all they want, we messed up.

That's not what happened though is it?

That's not what happened though is it?

If we lose him to Spurs, I will blame the club for playing silly buggers with the loan agreement. As I said before, football is a dirty business, we may have been naive to the extreme.

If he signs for us, then of course, Les has pulled off another master stroke.

don't think he's said anything otherwise? Spurs are obviously waiting to see what the implications of legal action are before they announce anything

Did I say he said otherwise?

The only thing obvious at the moment is that nothing is obvious...