The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

In summary SM servers are currently being blocked during live games on UK streams. They are working on solution which will be implemented within 3 weeks. For now use the match day 2 stream list which is overseas streams. No vpn required. Great quality.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

The only issue seems to be that the SM calendar doesn't tell us which game is which, just says "Match Day". I guess a bit of searching should find the right one.

I will try out the Watford game at 12:30 as a test.

Cant find it either, or sky sports channels just germany etc

Are there any free vpns that we will work SM on Kodi?

I am on the free trial with Astrill. Works well. I noticed that you have to take it off to get the stream started and then you can turn it back on. I guess that is still ok?

buffstream.com is showing in HD. I am using a VPN, just to be on the safe side.

superb video, but commentary is approx 2 secs ahead of video - bit annoying, but better than the poor quality in other links :-)

superb video, but commentary is approx 2 secs ahead of video - bit annoying, but better than the poor quality in other links :-)

This. Apart from the picture/commentary delay it's far and away the best streaming I've ever used. Never heard of it until the grapefruit mentioned it.

This. Apart from the picture/commentary delay it's far and away the best streaming I've ever used. Never heard of it until the grapefruit mentioned it.

Was wondering if this in conjuction with Radio Solent might work, but can't listen to Solent online. Pretty annoying that you can't even listen to radio legitimately!

Was wondering if this in conjuction with Radio Solent might work, but can't listen to Solent online. Pretty annoying that you can't even listen to radio legitimately!

I'm doing just that ! Big Dave from SFC Official site !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a raspberry pi running openelec (kodi) plus ipvanish VPN also running on the RPi.

I used the 2 week free subscription on Sports Mania with the SM Add-On on RPi.

Sky Unlimited broadband 38Mbps

SkyQ router hard wired to RPi

Pretty well a perfect HD stream all the way through. PL video and English commentary in sync with video.

I'll probably resubscribe to SM when the free 2 weeks runs out.

Edited by Mr Dad
Added more detail

I just tried buffstream.com for the Brighton game. Lots of buffering for me but it is a UK (BT Sports) stream. It looks as though there are going to be problems with UK based streams but if the earlier Saints game was from an overseas stream, then that may be why it was OK. I'm on SM for the moment but will give the next Saints game on bufstream.com a try to compare with SM

Couldn't get anything on sportsmania yesterday, despite renewing my membership. No streams listed on the calendar which was a poor show, and all the match day streams showed as not responding. Obviously worked for others, so clearly I was doing something wrong. Mind you I was trying from my phone in Spain so didn't have the best tools to work with.

Ended up having to resort to cricfree, which to be fair worked flawlessly after I ditched the pop ups.

What's the deal with the new SM membership fee/period arrangement? 2 weeks. Is that transition permanent? I notice the yearly/monthly prices/options are still listed on the site, just not on the subscription/payment page, so presumably that's just a case of the website literature having not been updated (to reflect the two week memberships :( ).

Watched the whole game via firstrowsports in between interruptions at work. Usual game of clicking all the pop-ups to get rid of them at the start but once they're gone and I've hit full screen it was better picture than anything I watched last season and never buffered/froze once (that I noticed).

Good. Pay for it or got to the match like the rest of us.

Don't have an issue paying for it - problem is when you are outside the UK it is not possible to get to all games, and ones that I get to cost me around £400 to £500 all told per game, so can only get to a few.

I pay full Sky and BT Sport subscriptions but how many live Saints games do you get a season?? I loved the Sky pay per view games for overseas viewers they had a few years ago but that stopped a long time ago. The PL are missing a trick for overseas viewers - why not charge £5 to £10 per game for any team? You are not going to affect UK game attendance, and will get IMHO significant additional revenues - could even split the money with clubs on a share of eyeball basis - yes it will favour the biggest clubs but that will never change, and we might just attract a large Chinese audience now.

The PL are missing a trick for overseas viewers - why not charge £5 to £10 per game for any team? You are not going to affect UK game attendance, and will get IMHO significant additional revenues - could even split the money with clubs on a share of eyeball basis - yes it will favour the biggest clubs but that will never change, and we might just attract a large Chinese audience now.

As a Saints supporter based in Australia (most of the year) and rest of the year in continental Europe, I absolutely agree with your comment in regards overseas streaming subscription targeting specific club (along the line of what EFL IFollow does), although prices suggested might be a bit too high. In regards the opening of the new market in China, I sincerely doubt that there would be interest in paying individual subscriptions per week, as even a small viewing interest is quite big in number of viewers, hence there shouldn't be any problems getting a regular TV coverage.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk