The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

I would 2nd/third and forth that. Been using PIA for about a year myself. It's a variant of OpenVPN, so if your router is capable you can do some clever routing stuff so only certain devices use the VPN at specific times. Works a treat.

Yeah, I'm seriously considering updating my router, solely for that exact reason.

To go into VPNs in any detail is a big ask on a forum. I'd recommend that people try downloading a free one (usually slower than you might need) and fiddle with it before the next match. Things will become pretty clear quite quickly. If you find that a VPN is the answer, you might well find the benefits of a subscription like PIA for other uses as well. Sorry to not be of more help, but this is truly a topic for google.

Always been a big fan of sportsmania through kodi, but this weekend couldn't get anything to work. Seems a VPN is the answer but have no idea how to install one on the box I use to watch it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

IPVanish is very straightforward. Install the google app on kodi box and simple to configure to start.

Also v simple as expect on iPad. £50ish for a year so not the cheapest.

Plenty of review of others but here is one magazine reviews of options and explains what they are.

http://uk.pcmag.com/software/138/guide/the-best-vpn-services-of-2017

Edited by whelk

vipbox.tv (not vipbpx.me or vipbox.nu, which are both a bit dodgy, the latter more than a bit!) worked for me well last year and so far this year. It has a section for soccer and all you need do is select the right match, pick stream 2 or stream 3 and get rid of the overlays and unwanted bits that inevitably pop-up . No buffering at all on Saturday and lasted for the whole match in good quality sound and vision. I intend using it for the rest of the season when necessary. No payment necessary.

IPVanish is very straightforward. Install the google app on kodi box and simple to configure to start.

Also v simple as expect on iPad. £50ish for a year so not the cheapest.

Plenty of review of others but here is one magazine reviews of options and explains what they are.

http://uk.pcmag.com/software/138/guide/the-best-vpn-services-of-2017

https://www.ipvanish.com/privacy-first/?a_aid=56793406edacd&a_bid=48f95966&chan=pf

On offer about £30 for the year, have decided to try it, seems ok so far.

My sportsmania subscription ran out but when I log in to renew it only gives me option for 14 days for £10. How do I renew for 6 months or more?

New subscriptions are temporarily suspended while they sort out an issue - use the voucher code 'imwaiting' to get the 14 days for free while they sort it out. Shouldn't be long until its back up and running properly now

Hi guys - Sat is first game I won't be at so will look to get a stream.

I usually just subscribe on sportsmania when I need it through my kodi firestick - but looking through quickly, looks like some issues i.e. VPN's required etc...

Can anyone advise please?

Hi guys - Sat is first game I won't be at so will look to get a stream.

I usually just subscribe on sportsmania when I need it through my kodi firestick - but looking through quickly, looks like some issues i.e. VPN's required etc...

Can anyone advise please?

Grab a VPN app off the google play store, theres a few free ones that will work. Connect on that and then just go onto kodi and SM as normal.

I had issues last weekend but downloaded one and worked fine for the City game monday night

Grab a VPN app off the google play store, theres a few free ones that will work. Connect on that and then just go onto kodi and SM as normal.

I had issues last weekend but downloaded one and worked fine for the City game monday night

Many thanks

My sportsmania subscription ran out but when I log in to renew it only gives me option for 14 days for £10. How do I renew for 6 months or more?

I'm only getting an option to subscribe for 7 days for £6. However it says the following:

"You will need a coupon code to get this, Please visit our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/493764607464607 and check the pinned post for information"

That Facebook group no longer exists as far as I can see. Does anyone know the coupon code needed? Or if they have a new FB group? I tried the code "imwaiting" again for the record - it no longer works.

I'm only getting an option to subscribe for 7 days for £6. However it says the following:

"You will need a coupon code to get this, Please visit our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/493764607464607 and check the pinned post for information"

That Facebook group no longer exists as far as I can see. Does anyone know the coupon code needed? Or if they have a new FB group? I tried the code "imwaiting" again for the record - it no longer works.

My 2 weeks expires today. Don’t know what happens tomorrow. Anyone got a link to the forums? I know they have their problems but an email updating wouldn’t go amiss.

Here is the forum - http://forum.ultimatemania.rocks/

you can login with your usual UM u/n and password. I'll copy and paste a bit of their update for the weekend if your sub has expired...

4) Latest on Payments:

At the moment we are still trying to work something out for this weekend as we know it's a big weekend coming up but as it stands right now we cannot sort it in time and we don't want the loyal customers to suffer so here's what we are going to do, we are going to give a further 1 week code to customers who have expired accounts to the following products:

1 month

3 Months

6 Months

1 Year.

The code will be live at 11am Saturday morning BST (Yes it did previously say tonight at 9 pm BST / 4 pm EST but we have changed it to give everyone who's sub ends tomorrow a fair chance) (It won't work before then guys) and the code name will be "imwithmania" .

Ok I've signed up to PIA VPN. So is the wisest and most reliable thing to subscribe to sportsmania for a week? I don't really get the code thing, do we have to wait until 11 to sign up. Or is there reliable sites elsewhere when using a VPN? Cheers

Ok I've signed up to PIA VPN. So is the wisest and most reliable thing to subscribe to sportsmania for a week? I don't really get the code thing, do we have to wait until 11 to sign up. Or is there reliable sites elsewhere when using a VPN? Cheers

You cannot sign up now. If you have an account already subscribed that has expired you can use the code to tie you over.

Right thanks.

How do I go about doing that, I'm useless with computers. Any help would be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a fair few VPN's out there that offer a free trial, if you don't want to pay. I use https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

They're supposedly working on a system so that people won't need a VPN but for now VPNs seem required for the weekend.

Anyway, sign up to your chosen VPN service and download their app onto whichever device you're trying to watch SportsMania on. Connect to a server that is close to you and then you should be able to watch Sportsmania streams with no issues. :thumbup:

There's a fair few VPN's out there that offer a free trial, if you don't want to pay. I use https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

They're supposedly working on a system so that people won't need a VPN but for now VPNs seem required for the weekend.

Anyway, sign up to your chosen VPN service and download their app onto whichever device you're trying to watch SportsMania on. Connect to a server that is close to you and then you should be able to watch Sportsmania streams with no issues. :thumbup:

Thank you, that seems to have worked. Using saferVPN which has a days free trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk