The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

Just tried to log on to sportnationhd to watch Chelsea psg and it seems to be gone ! Tried on chrome and ie and got the same result page not found message . I know a few others have elite memberships on here and was wondering if they have any way of contacting the site admin on there ? Luckily I only got a 6 month subscription , but was one of the most reliable streaming services out there

You Won't Be Able To Access The Site Via SportsNationhd.tv from next week

Hey Guys

Our domain SportsNationHD.TV is nearly expiring so from next week you won't be able to access the site via http://www.sportsnationhd.tv anymore.

Make sure you have bookmarked our new domain SportsMania.eu as you will only be able to access the site via that domain name from next week onwards.

Thanks Guys

I use the service on xbmc and noticed when I made a fresh install that the repo was now bundled with the yid repos and called SportsMania. I hadn't figured that the change was due to domain registration expiring.

Thanks for heads-up

Guys, 'sportsnationhd' is now known as sportsmania.

As they've changed their domain name, their old one won't work.

http://sportsmania.eu/view.php?pg=streams

^^ This is the new link- make sure you save this on your bookmarks!

Obviously, the reliability and quality of service is still amazing! So, just to confirm, they have not gone away lol, just a simple website name change :)

I use SportMania on a Rpi which some users on here recommended and helped me set up. Thanks to jasonb above, I've now uninstalled and reinstalled via yid repo (see sportsmani site for instructions) so it should update automatically. They update the xmbc add-on quite often for bug fixes and additional features so its convenient that it now should happen without me checking the SM site often and downloading zips etc. Cheers jasonb!

• 1 month later...

Goaty's S&M tips:

1. Don't leave setting up your streaming until 30 seconds before kick off.

2. Use wires. I know it's not possible for everyone but connecting to your router via an ethernet cable either directly (ideally) or via a power line networking adapter, is much more stable than relying on wifi.

3. Clear caches and close all other tabs.

4. There are sometimes several streams for a particular game/event on SM. Find the one that works best for you.

5. if there is an event coming up that you would like to see then ask Willow (site owner) if he can stream it. Give him at least a few days notice and he will usually oblige if at all possible.

6. The HD streams are quite demanding of your hardware. If your laptop is 15 years old it is probably not the stream that is laggy.

7. If you are still having problems then use the live support button or chat box to contact an admin. They are very helpful.

8. Say hello in the chat box. Loads of Saints fans in there usually!

9. If you have a smart tv linked to your router, go to SM in your tv browser, log on to site as normal, watch live streaming in HD on your massive tv;)

NB I am not connected in any way to the site. Just think it's great vfm.

:toppa:

Edited by Goatboy
forgot 9.

it is very good. 95% of the time

best site yet and easily value for money. considering ditching all my sports channels completely for this....any idea if this site is in any danger of being shut down etc??

....any idea if this site is in any danger of being shut down etc??

Any site flouting sporting distribution rights is always in danger of being shutdown, more so than those hosting copyrighted material, it's just a matter of time (even old safe haven's like Russia are no longer guaranteed).

Constant game of cat and mouse, and why net neutrality is such an important topic.

Any site flouting sporting distribution rights is always in danger of being shutdown, more so than those hosting copyrighted material, it's just a matter of time (even old safe haven's like Russia are no longer guaranteed).

Constant game of cat and mouse, and why net neutrality is such an important topic.

I think they have the boxing on there....or on sky for £20...

Is it REALLY worth while doing this guys ?

Always suspicious of handing over my hard earned ...................

I've just this minute signed up for a month and watched a bit of the BT rugby broadcast on my smart TV, have to I'm very impressed.

Goaty's S&M tips:

1. Don't leave setting up your streaming until 30 seconds before kick off.

2. Use wires. I know it's not possible for everyone but connecting to your router via an ethernet cable either directly (ideally) or via a power line networking adapter, is much more stable than relying on wifi.

3. Clear caches and close all other tabs.

4. There are sometimes several streams for a particular game/event on SM. Find the one that works best for you.

5. if there is an event coming up that you would like to see then ask Willow (site owner) if he can stream it. Give him at least a few days notice and he will usually oblige if at all possible.

6. The HD streams are quite demanding of your hardware. If your laptop is 15 years old it is probably not the stream that is laggy.

7. If you are still having problems then use the live support button or chat box to contact an admin. They are very helpful.

8. Say hello in the chat box. Loads of Saints fans in there usually!

9. If you have a smart tv linked to your router, go to SM in your tv browser, log on to site as normal, watch live streaming in HD on your massive tv;)

NB I am not connected in any way to the site. Just think it's great vfm.

:toppa:

Is there a cost to this ?

Is it REALLY worth while doing this guys ?

Always suspicious of handing over my hard earned ...................

Into my 2nd 6 monthly subscription, tried all the free ways in an effort to beat the man but haven't found anything more reliable.. At £20 odd for 6 months and all the Saints games + most other things I like to dip into (Cricket, Darts, Boxing) I ditched Sky a long time ago..

I've just this minute signed up for a month and watched a bit of the BT rugby broadcast on my smart TV, have to I'm very impressed.

Might have to give it a weeks test ...................see how the boxing goes ! lol

• 2 months later...
Problem is of course if every cheats by watching sportsmania etc, there will be no streams at all. Someone has to pay for it. I appreciate the ever rising cost of sports subscription through 'legal' means.

Where's the problem? The percentage watching streams is miniscule compared to the people watching it legitimately.