The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

If you are happy to change browser to Opera, they have an option to use an inbuilt VPN. Sometimes it drops speed, sometimes it is quicker. Guess it depends on what you initially get - I get pretty crap speeds at the best of times. Not tried streaming the footy yet.

Why don't you change your ISP? Some ISP's aren't in the Top 10, and they don't have to apply the block list, and you get unrestricted Internet. The one I am with doesn't need a vpn to get to many of the restricted sites. I can still get to the free football sites if I chose to use them.

See what your ISP is blocking....

https://www.blocked.org.uk/isp-results

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost Thursday and it's high time folks are getting their potential streams ready for the season kick off at the weekend.

Don't just think you can just log onto sites which worked for you last season. Many of these are gone. As previously mentioned to watch games you'll certainly need a VPN to get around Geo blocking from the UK.

Kodi needs hard work to find working sports streams

MOBDRO still has the big games but Saints games will be harder to find.

So don't leave this to the last minute and miss out. Get searching and lining up the best sites that will be working.

I love using Sportsmania, Willow does a great job most of the time and I think paid add ons is the way forward, all the free ones will get shut down even more now this season especially the BT and Sky ones, I know people love having the Sky or BT commentary and analysis but for 50 quid a year I do not care who's speaking as long as its English.

So it is worth me renewing Sportsmania for this season then?

Does it work without a VPN or do I have to have that now? (I'll level with you, I don't really understand it).

I think they are working on a solution without a vpn but I think I'm just going to get one so it's future proofed.

If you had trouble with Sportsmania tonight, this is how I got around it.

Download Opera browser with VPN, http://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn and install.

Open Opera, click the O in the top left > Settings > Privacy and ecurity > Enable VPN.

Go to Sportsmania website, log in and the streams should now work.

If there are issues with the VPN connecting and you have AVG or some other Antivirus, you may need to change some settings before the VPN will connect.

Download Opera browser with VPN, http://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn and install.

Open Opera, click the O in the top left > Settings > Privacy and ecurity > Enable VPN.

If there are issues with the VPN connecting and you have AVG or some other Antivirus, you may need to change some settings before the VPN will connect.

Many thanks..now seems to be working..

Will this work on iMac or just windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question for those more tech savvy than me.

I've downloaded opera and using as vpn.

When I go abroad will it let me use sky go/ iPlayer etc? When I look at the regions I can use, none are the uk. Therefore these services would still be blocked as they don't work with anywhere that doesn't recognise a U.K. In address? I think? Help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another question for those more tech savvy than me.

I've downloaded opera and using as vpn.

When I go abroad will it let me use sky go/ iPlayer etc? When I look at the regions I can use, none are the uk. Therefore these services would still be blocked as they don't work with anywhere that doesn't recognise a U.K. In address? I think? Help!

Ip not in obvs!

Wessex, although I said that I used Opera, I seem to have gravitated back to Chrome (got annoyed with Opera and Flash not working very well) but I have installed SetupVPN which allows you to choose which country you appear to be in. You can chose one of 20 countries to be in, including the UK, which might well (or even should) let you watch Sky Go/iPlayer. That is unless they block network sharers. SetupVPN seems to work pretty well with the only annoying thing being that it won't automatically start.

At £10 every 14 days it will be cheaper to sign up with Sky or Virgin.
Nah, its not that. They aren't letting anyone sign up for 6 months/12 months like they used to, they are asking for a discount code. I think they are giving all existing users 2 weeks free but I need the code. Have contacted them through Twitter.

In other news - I am VPNed up, easy. Thanks for info Saintswebbers.

Guys update on the work-around they are doing on Sportsmania

SPORTSMANIA - Important please read

*PLEASE READ*

Hello Guys

Couple of things we need to address for you all as message from the bosses:

1) Due to us having to sort this poxy processor out we are bit behind on the new system we are about 3 weeks behind schdule but are attempting to get it in place before then so we are saying 3 weeks as a worst case scenerio, We would appreciate it if these comments of "Oh well it was good while it lasted" would not be posted because it distracts us from doing what we need to do to keep the service as good as possible for you all.

So there were 2 options to take in consideration, We can remove all the other channels that are broadcasting the PL so that everyone can use the service as not everyone watches PL and watch other sports because we will be blocked then nothing will work (all other channels) unless you use VPN but you can still watch the PL by using Match Day Section 2 on the Kodi Addon but we are going to leave the decision up to you and we will go with the majority so please do not complain guys as it is the majority decision we will go with, So heres the options:

A) Keep all the other channels and use a VPN to watch the streams for 3 weeks (worse case scenerio) while the PL is on, It will take us NO LONGER than 3 weeks to get this sorted for you all, We havent let you down yet and will continue to not let you down but this isnt a simple process, yes we as a team feel we have let you down by not having it in place before the start of the season but if we work together and your main part is simply refraining from making posts about "why cant i watch the PL" & leave us do the work so we can get the new system to you asap.

B) Remove all channels that show PL simply so that everyone can enjoy the service so that all servers are not blocked and simply use the Match Day Section 2, cause this is the one we'd prefer to do because not everyone can afford a vpn or even want to use a vpn but most people have or can use Kodi to watch the games on Match Day Section 2. So its not like you cannot watch the PL completely as all you have to do is download Kodi / SPMC and install the addon but with us keeping the channels there then other people who want to watch other things other than the PL and they will not be able to.

We did a poll on our Facebook group and the Majority went with Option B however when we removed we were still being blocked so for a maximum of 3 weeks when the PL is on unless you use a VPN then all channels will be down except Match Day Section 2 on Kodi/SPMC where you will be able to watch all the PL games.

However to prove to you guys that we arent going anywhere and we are sure the new system is in place within 3 weeks maximum we are prepared to offer a 2 week free coupon code, "imwaiting" input that (no quotation marks) into the system and enjoy the free 2 weeks.

2) Unfortunately we as a team have made a decision to do away with the Facebook groups and have instead opened a forum for everyone to use which shouldnt be much of a pain to transition over as if people use phones to access FB then the same can be done to access the forums.

There are several reasons why we have decided to do this and the one of the reasons are the forum will allow us to manage the running of the service a lot easier, other factors include the amount of people that spam the groups with abuse to other members and the team, (Yes i know the team arent perfect either but they are simply replying to what the bosses have told them in that we are here to help and not to be abused and not sort out arguments between other members), other reasons are that there is just too many duplicate posts as well guys as on the Forum it will allow us to manage it a lot better.

Last reason is that its a miracle this group hasnt been closed down ages ago anyway so at least through the forums there won't need to be a mad scramble to let you guys know where to contact us for help.

Now we will be looking for a few more moderators so if you want to apply to be a moderator then simply comment below and we'll have a chat with you.

The URL's of the forums depending on which forum you're using are as follows:

Sports Mania - http://forum.sportsmania.rocks

Mania HD - http://forum.maniahd.rocks

Ultimate Mania - http://forum.ultimatemania.rocks

Edited by Convict Colony

Nah, its not that. They aren't letting anyone sign up for 6 months/12 months like they used to, they are asking for a discount code. I think they are giving all existing users 2 weeks free but I need the code. Have contacted them through Twitter.

In other news - I am VPNed up, easy. Thanks for info Saintswebbers.

PM'd you the code

YOU WILL NEED A CODE TO GET THIS, PLEASE SEE OUR FACEBOOK GROUP OR TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR MORE INFORMATION (DO NOT TRY TO PURCHASE THIS AS YOU WILL GET AN ERROR) INSTEAD CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Any chance I could get hold of that code too?

Many thanks