Ryan Seager

angelman

are young footballers really incapable of working this out or are they just resistant to change until someone they respect states the obvious?

its a sign of good character to listen and learn from people.

If if he was going through his youth football blasting the ball into the next scoring every week it would be a fairly hard thing to change to trying to place things more often I'm sure. Remember as a striker you usually don't have any time to think, if you over think the chance has gone...

• 3 years later...

Was one of our best attacking prospects in the academy a few years ago, scoring for fun at that level. Intriguing how some players can be superb at one level but not make it up to the next. (That said, maybe the serious injury he had a couple of seasons ago has done for him?)

Was one of our best attacking prospects in the academy a few years ago, scoring for fun at that level. Intriguing how some players can be superb at one level but not make it up to the next. (That said, maybe the serious injury he had a couple of seasons ago has done for him?)

Until that injury the club has high hopes for him. Never gonna be the player he could have been sadly.

very very very weird.

I think telestar play on a fake pitch and are in the 2nd division, not far from me maybe i will go up there during the season.

edit - Dont think its fake

Foto-NH-Sport.jpg

It's an odd move but fair play to him for wanting to go abroad.

Hope he gets the chance to play & stays injury free.

It's an odd move but fair play to him for wanting to go abroad.

Hope he gets the chance to play & stays injury free.

Hopefully Jan Poortvliet is nowhere near his two times old club.

Maybe the move is a tribute to the Tornados bass player, Heinz who used to live in Eastleigh (apologies to anyone under 55 who won't know what the **** I am talking about).

Actually good to see us putting young players out on loan in Holland, seems better to me than lower leagues in England, works well for Chelsea.

About time we sold him. Said it years ago, is never going to be good enough.

That would need a club willing to buy him. Reality is it loans until he's out of contract or we pay his contract up and he finds another club.

• 3 weeks later...

Telstar start their campaign next Friday evening. The Dutch second division, the Keuken Kampioen Divisie (in English the Kitchen champions division) mainly play their games on Friday evening.

I’ll update this thread every Friday after the game to let you all know how Seagar got on.

Telstar start their campaign next Friday evening. The Dutch second division, the Keuken Kampioen Divisie (in English the Kitchen champions division) mainly play their games on Friday evening.

I’ll update this thread every Friday after the game to let you all know how Seagar got on.

Thank you - looking forward to updates about Ryan.

Thanks. Hoping he does well.

Yesterday Telstar lost 1-0 at home against MVV Maastricht. Seagar started but was subbed in the 69th minute.

Telstar usually finish between 8th and 14th, last year they had a exceptionally good season and made it to the first round of the play offs for promotion to the Eredivisie. They lost to the Graafschap who finished 1 place above them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Now on loan at Frome Town. Can't get regular games in the Conference with Yeovil.

Shows how hard the transition is from age group Academy football to life down the leagues.

He always seemed a natural finisher, if not the most athletic, so suprised he didn't do well at Yeovil.

Now on loan at Frome Town. Can't get regular games in the Conference with Yeovil.

Shows how hard the transition is from age group Academy football to life down the leagues.

He always seemed a natural finisher, if not the most athletic, so suprised he didn't do well at Yeovil.

Got a bad injury which played a part.

Got a bad injury which played a part.

The injury was horrendous. Had a spell at Havant and Waterlooville in the conference south recently and he couldn't get a game there. Real shame, a lovely lad by all accounts and talented, but it just hasn't worked out for him.

Yeah, or a horrific ligament injury... :scared: