Comic Relief

Batman

• 2 years later...
I think you are missing the point of Red Nose Day. It is supposed to raise money for charitable causes, not give you a laugh.

The Comic Relief mission statement is:

To drive positive change through the power of entertainment.

So giving you a laugh is very much the point.

I think it is a bit the same and novelty of seeing celebs in comedic situations has long passed and so natural interest will wane but I'd have a long list of things to get wound up about before this. Dele Alli for one.

I must have missed all those telethons that Comic Relief have put on over the years that involve high-octane thrillers, kitchen-sink drama and contemporary dance.

Different people laugh at different things. If the point is to make Batman laugh rather than provide money for good causes then I think there is something wrong here. Also if the amount raised is dependent on the amount of laughs provided, we are missing the point big time.

Different people laugh at different things. If the point is to make Batman laugh rather than provide money for good causes then I think there is something wrong here. Also if the amount raised is dependent on the amount of laughs provided, we are missing the point big time.

With your track record I suppose it isn't surprising that you can't actually understand how Comic Relief works.

Everyone gone a bit 'wacky' yet and raised money for good causes?

Just watched a bit of Dermot O'Leary's 'dance-a-thon' on the BBC site. Thrilling stuff

They have raised £71m so far and over £1 billion since Comic Relief started. They must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Thrilling stuff eh?