Nigel Pearson has got a problem

whelk

I like Pearson, some Journos are just ***ts and deserve to be treated as such.

Amazing how many knobs think like this. Did you even watch it? Pearson admits he lost the plot, fck knows what he was on about with ostriches.

You think his players have had lots of criticism do you?

Pray tell what dynamite questions you would ask?

You could say it's very clever management from Pearson. All the talk and pressure is off the players and media focus is on him. Very clever and all the media are falling for his game

Don't think they need deflecting from anything having give.n the run away league champions a decent game. There was no pressure

Pearson deliberately tried to humiliate and mock another person in front of his colleagues (junior reporter as well) It was bullying and reprehensible behaviour. The journalist was only legitimately responding to what Pearson had said and didn't deserve that. Pat Murphy gave him a taste of his own medicine and he didn't like it as most bullies don't. Leicester deserve to stay up but I would bet a lot of money that he will be out come the summer. There is something disturbing about this chap

Pearson deliberately tried to humiliate and mock another person in front of his colleagues (junior reporter as well) It was bullying and reprehensible behaviour. The journalist was only legitimately responding to what Pearson had said and didn't deserve that. Pat Murphy gave him a taste of his own medicine and he didn't like it as most bullies don't. Leicester deserve to stay up but I would bet a lot of money that he will be out come the summer. There is something disturbing about this chap

No it wasn't - the guy asked a stupid question, Pearson called him up on it. Simple as that. I wish more people would pull them up on their stupid questions, exactly in the way Strachan used to do.

No it wasn't - the guy asked a stupid question, Pearson called him up on it. Simple as that. I wish more people would pull them up on their stupid questions, exactly in the way Strachan used to do.

Nowadays everyone who pipes up is a bully, Pearson got a big hairy but when did society turn into such weiners and everything is "reprehensible"

Bullying? The media are the biggest bullies on the planet and have their own agenda every time.

All fun though! Just sit back and enjoy!

He's a man under a level of stress that few of us will ever encounter in our work lives - so perhaps some on here might remember the old adage about 'walking a mile in another mans shoes' before judging him.

Having first become interested in football back in the era when managers such as the wonderfully entertaining and outspoken Brian Clough were in their prime, I've become more than a little bored frankly with a endless succession modern (media trained) managers who have raised the craft of saying nothing interesting in a interview to that of a art form. Thank heavens Jose Mourinho is back in the English game to liven things up every now and then.

I kind of like Nigel Pearson as a manager and a man. More importantly the fighting spirit Leicester City are now showing suggests that his players respect - or is it fear - him to. I only wish that our squad back in 2005, who unlike Leicester were under the control of that perennial favorite of the football hacks Harry Redknapp, put up half the fight Pearson's are now.

Good luck to him.

Amazing how many knobs think like this. Did you even watch it? Pearson admits he lost the plot, fck knows what he was on about with ostriches.

You think his players have had lots of criticism do you?

Pray tell what dynamite questions you would ask?

Pearson was a bit of a **** but who cares, a sports reporter felt a bit uncomfortable, big ****ing deal. The amount of sh!t they write they deserve all they get. I've only ever sat in a few post match press conferences but have seen what idiots these Journos can be, you will find a lot worse has been said in the ones that are not televised.

How many different questions can you ask after a match? It is a game of football we are talking about not the theory of relativity. It must be a nightmare trying to think of a different way to ask the same questions week after week.

There needs to be more physical violence at these press conferences.

Would have been much more entertaining had Pearson leapt over the desk, punched the journo full in the face and said "Any more questions mother*ckers?"

He's a man under a level of stress that few of us will ever encounter in our work lives

What a crock of ****. Plenty of people are put under/put themselves under a huge amount of pressure in their work lives. Just because he's a football manager doesn't make his job any more pressured than many other people.

Anyway, that aside, the bloke is clearly a slightly unhinged bellend.

Murphy V Pearson was just painful, hopefully the fight tomorrow night wont be quite such a mismatch. Articulate and logical V aggressive and misguided.

Agreed, I just stopped it after 6 minutes, it was so hard to watch. What was the reporter's point? He wanted to lecture Pearson. However, I don't know where Pearson gets this 'siege mentality' attitude. Like most, I think Leicester have done as much as they could do with the resources available and exceeded expectation in the last few weeks. I wish them well, except against us. :)

Pat Murphy is a decent journo. He backs the Midlands clubs all the time. I think he stood up for a junior journo as he thought he had been bullied. Pearson does not come out of that interview well. Pearson has not managed his behaviour well on a number of occasions this season & it has caught up with him.

I understand why he has been frustrated as they have been on the end of a number of dodgy refereeing decisions (haven't we all!) & he needs all the points he can get.

Great watching though!!

There was a piece on SSN earlier this week where a reporter was asking "are you up to the job?" Pearson counters "are you saying I'm not up to the job?" Answer : "people are saying you're not up to the job".

I can't find that interview now, but I think that is where Pearson gets his frustration from, that the reporter tells him people are saying he is not up to the job.

Ostrich. Head in sand. Pretty obvious i would of thought.

Thats what makes the exchange so absurd. Having a pop at the journo for not being flexible enough to be an ostrich, even though it was his own tortured metaphor that cast him in that role in the first place.

Ostrich. Head in sand. Pretty obvious i would of thought.

If he had just said that but he went on about saying he didn't think he was flexible enough and claimed he was.. Anyway I just find it funny people thinking it is normal.

There needs to be more physical violence at these press conferences.

Would have been much more entertaining had Pearson leapt over the desk, punched the journo full in the face and said "Any more questions mother*ckers?"

There was a 5live interview this morning with a Scottish journalist who was punched in the face by the Dundee chairman when he asked how much time the current manager would be given!

What a crock of ****. Plenty of people are put under/put themselves under a huge amount of pressure in their work lives. Just because he's a football manager doesn't make his job any more pressured than many other people.

Anyway, that aside, the bloke is clearly a slightly unhinged bellend.

Are you telling me that the average working person failing at their job in a factory or at some office somewhere would potentially cost their employer many £millions in lost revenue and adversely effect the lives of tens of thousands of people? This seems unlikely I think.

It seems to me perfectly obvious that the job of managing of a Premier League football club is (although well rewarded of course) very clearly a far more pressurized role than that most ordinary people will ever face.

Your post is a foolish one.

If he had just said that but he went on about saying he didn't think he was flexible enough and claimed he was.. Anyway I just find it funny people thinking it is normal.

just watched it to see what the fuss was about. i was with nige until the flexible bit. it sounds like they've goaded him into engaging with metaphors where he's out of his intellectual depth. he was on sounder footing with "waxing or waning, my arse"

Are you telling me that the average working person failing at their job in a factory or at some office somewhere would potentially cost their employer many £millions in lost revenue and adversely effect the lives of tens of thousands of people? This seems unlikely I think.

It seems to me perfectly obvious that the job of managing of a Premier League football club is (although well rewarded of course) very clearly a far more pressurized role than that most ordinary people will ever face.

Ah, I see - you've tweaked your original post to suit your argument. Well done. You said 'few' in your first post - this seems unlikely I think. This is changed to 'most ordinary people' in the second. A subtle but important difference.

In summary, your first post is the foolish one. I don't disagree with the second.

The press conference for this weekends game is essential viewing. Fair play to the reporter, gave NP a right good going over, NP had no answers.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2F0%2Ffootball%2F32537484&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHQy1Dzmf6nLsVUiIgen2tcvHqblg

That is funny...in an uncomfortable (office TV prog way).

Pearson is so out of his depth intellectually.

He does look like the caught out school bully who knows he is wrong, not bright enough to answer but too arrogant to show any humility.

Having that widely viewed may make he realise how his pointless goading of the young journalist made him feel.

Quite clear he cannot answer honestly, as he can't say he likes using his power to take his stress out on someone else for his own entertainment.

We are lucky with Koeman, not just because of his ability but he appears classy I'm contrast to Pearson who appears a thick unpleasant knob.

Ah, I see - you've tweaked your original post to suit your argument. Well done. You said 'few' in your first post - this seems unlikely I think. This is changed to 'most ordinary people' in the second. A subtle but important difference.

In summary, your first post is the foolish one. I don't disagree with the second.

Eh?

There is not the slightest contradiction between either of my previous posts on this tread, and your 'subtle' difference is in fact invisible.

Try having a job where if you do it wrong not only could you cost the company millions but you could kill yourself and other people , that's stress! Not a millionaire manager who tells people how to play football

Try having a job where if you do it wrong not only could you cost the company millions but you could kill yourself and other people , that's stress! Not a millionaire manager who tells people how to play football

That's not the average working person to be fair. Most people who have "millions of pounds" at risk on their decisions are paid well.

To be fair, I'm not sure if I could handle the stress of getting up every morning wondering whether I would have to plod on drawing my £100k a month salary, or have to settle for the lump sum £500k compensation pay-off.

Yes I suppose if you were a surgeon (for example) with someones life literally 'in your hands' that would indeed be a very stressful occupation - presuming you cared a jot about the fate of your patients that is.

That however has nothing to do with the question of whether managing a PL football team is a atypically responsible and pressurised position too - which it obviously is by the way. There is also the small matter of job security to be considered here - unlike surgeons football managers can't bury their mistakes!

Is Nigel Pearson really a millionaire?

The press conference for this weekends game is essential viewing. Fair play to the reporter, gave NP a right good going over, NP had no answers.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2F0%2Ffootball%2F32537484&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHQy1Dzmf6nLsVUiIgen2tcvHqblg

To be honest I thought Pearson handled it well. The reporter wasn't sticking up for a colleague, the way he went on and on he was just trying to get Pearson to react grab another headline but Pearson refused to be drawn into an argument or a rant.

The media don't give a toss about anyone else but themselves and whilst I think Pearson went too far with his osterich press conference there was an element that the press need to be put back in their box every now and then.

Here in Oz there's an Aussie Rules coach with a similar reputation with the press - it's great to watch.

As for bullying? don't make me laugh. The press are the bullies and suddenly they didn't like someone statnding up to them.

IMO the press are c***s!