Lloyd Isgrove New contract

EBS1980

Agree with comments about him being a squad player only and benefit of him being a UK resident. Bluntly, if he was good enough (at the moment) there would not have been the need to bring in Elia and Djuricic as loans this year. Perhaps the club see him as having the potential to get stronger/quicker/more confident in the next two years, and will not sign either of Elia /Djuricic following the end of their loan deals when they run out

I think players like Isgrove Have an important role in training and as squad depth. He is very quick and would test any wing back we have with his speed.

Has made a few good appearances for the first team this season. Shame about his injury.

Gallagher looks like he's nearing a return to the first team squad.

I like him, only seen him play in the friendly at Brighton but he ran all day long and looked hungry as hell.

Very raw but has something about him, I thought.

Mind you , I'm crap at predicting these things. Leandre Griffit was my last 'next big thing'

It was a good goal though - was it Blackburn under Sturrock?

I think players like Isgrove Have an important role in training and as squad depth. He is very quick and would test any wing back we have with his speed.

Has made a few good appearances for the first team this season. Shame about his injury.

Gallagher looks like he's nearing a return to the first team squad.

Poor Gallagher, has a lot of expectation put upon him to be this superstar forward. He was only just breaking into the squad, now people see him as the Pelle replacement etc..

At 22 you'd have hoped he'd have made more of an impact by now. Reed, JWP, Targett are all younger and they've all made more of a first team impact.

Maybe they just feel he's still got a bit of developing to do as he's a bit of a slow starter, it seems as if we're giving him as big as chance as possible. Not quite sure I see it happening for him though. Similar to Reeves, he just seems a tad too old to make it here now.

He's basically a fast left-sided winger with a real change of pace. He has been hampered by a nad injury , and is still ..on the way back.

His age (22) is irrelevent at present, if he's still here as an overage U21 in two years time, it'll be sad, but with a transfer to a lower league club we might re-coup a fee.

In the short term ..at best, he will be a good sub. in case of injury to Mane / Elia ....otherwise a Championship/L1 loan-out might improve his game.

He's looked good in the live and youtube games I've seen him play...fast and tricky. He's had a few injuries that probably explain the short contracts but I saw him at Kettering a few years back before his injuries and he was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

Mind you - I also thought Griffit and Yoann Folly were Saints' future a few seasons back! :?

He and Schneiderlin are our only club trained home grown players for European competition purposes. He was going to be resigned unless he was literally worse than nothing because he will not take up a European roster spot that we could fill with anyone else. As it is our European Roster will have only 23 players--22 if Schneiderlin goes. Plus the under 21s of course. I discussed this in my blog at the end of January.

http://redsloscf.blogspot.com/2015/01/southamptons-european-roster-issues.html

He's basically a fast left-sided winger with a real change of pace. He has been hampered by a nad injury , and is still ..on the way back.

His age (22) is irrelevent at present, if he's still here as an overage U21 in two years time, it'll be sad, but with a transfer to a lower league club we might re-coup a fee.

In the short term ..at best, he will be a good sub. in case of injury to Mane / Elia ....otherwise a Championship/L1 loan-out might improve his game.

Sounds painful.

He and Schneiderlin are our only club trained home grown players for European competition purposes. He was going to be resigned unless he was literally worse than nothing because he will not take up a European roster spot that we could fill with anyone else. As it is our European Roster will have only 23 players--22 if Schneiderlin goes. Plus the under 21s of course. I discussed this in my blog at the end of January.

http://redsloscf.blogspot.com/2015/01/southamptons-european-roster-issues.html

The fact we have so many under 21s that are in and around the first team means this shouldn't be a problem.

Would Ings count as one if we bought him the summer?

The fact we have so many under 21s that are in and around the first team means this shouldn't be a problem.

Would Ings count as one if we bought him the summer?

He would count as association trained, but not club trained. Depending now who leaves we may or may not need more of them.